Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

My picks week 2

I am going to put these down as I pick em so subject to change. Basically I am going to use this as my think pad.

So Carolina (-9.5) at Vanderbilt, 8:30 PM
    I am thinking this will be a two possession game. Vandy did good in their opener but now they play another SEC team. Vandy QB was good running the ball but he didn't play agaisnt a fast team and his numbers throwing the ball where pretty shitty. South Carolina in their first game looked very scary until (sad to say) Beecher got hurt. Then Smelley jumped in and played with alot of confidence. Put it this way, Beecher threw 3 ints and SC smashed the spread. They ran wild in the 2nd half. Vandy may be the easiest place to play in the SEC. Lookin for SC to run away in the second half once again.

Navy at Ball State (-7), 7:00 PM
    Navy only put up 41 agaisnt Towson. Tow played them well in the 1st half and it seems like they ran out of gas in the second half. Towson moved the ball more than they should have agaisnt this team. This gives me a lot of hope that Ball St. at home will not only move the ball but, will not run out of gas. The ? in this game is Ball St.'s D they have problem with the run and that is all Navy does. Both D's are bad but when a bad d really only has to plan agaisnt one threat I think they can step it up. This is the first game Navys new coach will coach away. I am giving the edge to the home team who has a great offense.

Akron (+5.5) at Syracuse, 3:30 PM Akron put up 17 agaisnt a tuff wisconsin d. Syracuse is no where near the same team as the Badgers. Syracuse only scored 10 agaisnt a lame Northwestern D. Even though this game is at Syra I think every one in orange nation as given up on their football program (robinson sucks!). The fact this spread is more than a field goal I am going with Akron. Someone with cash to throw around should consider this for the ML.

Northwestern (-6) at Duke, 7:00 PM Dukes last game was at home agaisnt James Madison???. JM had the ball past the 50 into Duke terriorty 8 times in this game. If they play that soft agaisnt N'western this will be a clinic. Northwestern has their stud RB back for this yr. He is a senior and should dominate the Blue devils. Norths D has to be better than JMs who only allowed Duke to score 31 pts. This one seems like a no brainer with a spread that is under a TD. Look for N'western to wear down this BD D. and easily cover.

I am done for now but I will have more later on.

casper
    casper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like your analysis...only one a little hesitant about is the Navy pick.....sure looks like an over play whatever that number might be.

There were some real gifts in the first week weren't there? The Bama pick and USC game were examples of why you can find some great value in College ball that you can't get anywere else.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I'm riding NorthWestern again this week, I feel that the line needed to open at -13.5...Let's cash this puppy!!

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not bad picks... What do you think about West Virginia -9 @ ECU?

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

You're forgetting about Duke's "home advantage" Ha! I agree N'Westeren wins by 3 TDs. I'm with ya on Akron, but not sire about the other two yet. S.Car. game is looking good though.