WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Proof - To many damn Bowl games

Western Michigan had to buy 11,000 tickets to the crapin' Texas Bowl in order to get invited there last year. How many of the 11,000 did they sell? A whopping 548. Western Michigan had to eat the rest of them, meaning they lost their behinds just to take part in this frecken bowl. Stupid is as stupid does and this is STUPID with econmics the way they are at most of these schools.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

For every Florida vs Nebraska.....there are these bowl games.

Way to many my friends....especially when the school loses big money.

PlatinumBerg
    PlatinumBerg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

This actually happens a lot. A majority of the schools actually lose money by going to the Bowl Games, but they do it anyways for exposure. Exposure to both their academic and athletic programs. It really helps when you can tell a high school recruit that your school went to a Bowl Games last year, and someone might chose a school like Western Michigan over Central Michigan for that reason too.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I will not buy the exposure argument. Sure, if you play in a BCS Bowl, or some of the tier 1 bowls such as the Capitol One Bowl, the Cotton Bowl, or the Alamo Bowl, you will get exposure. But what the the T.V. ratings for the Texas Bowl, or the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl? They simply do not exist. A bowl game used to be a reward for a successful season, not an average season. 6-6 is NOT a successful season. The NCAA should eliminate 10 bowl games. Only the Top 50 teams should be allowed to play in bowl games. 25 bowl games is plenty. One bowl game per city is plenty. No need for New Orleans, Dallas, and San Diego to have two Bowl games.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

after watching kansas, duke and unc getting axed in the basketball court, i really want playoffs and the rating will be even higher than the bcs bowls

morganwags
    morganwags's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree there is to many bowl games

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

[COLOR=#000000 !important]i agree there is to many bowl games[/COLOR]

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    after watching kansas, duke and unc getting axed in the basketball court, i really want playoffs and the rating will be even higher than the bcs bowls
    So you'd rather have a system that favors the team who is the hottest at the end of the year, rather than the team who proved to be the best all season long? You can't tell me VCU and Butler are more deserving of a championship than a Kansas or Ohio State after their losses to teams like Georgia State and Evansville. Why even have a regular season then? Sorry but that's why CFB is the best sport/ has the best regular seasons, every game is do or die. College basketball's tournament is a giant fluke.