BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Ohio State, Tressell, In Trouble?

The famous "tattoo" scandal to hit the Ohio State Football Team may take a higher toll. According to Yahoo Sports, Ohio State H.C. Jim Tressell knew about this back in April of last year. If this is true, Ohio State faces a major violation hit, and Tressell faces losing his job. Some of the charges Tressell and Ohio State could now be facing are unethical conduct and failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere of compliance. Ohio State would be looking at scholarship reductions and even a bowl ban for at least one year. I can't wait for all the whiney Ohio State fans to start making excuses for Tressell now.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Will be interesting on how the NCAA views this. Is it better to lie directly to the NCAA like Bruce Pearl did or just "withold the truth" like Tressel if these reports are true?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Suspended 2 games, public apology and $250k in fines. He got less than Pearl who lied.

OSU fans always say that Tressel is squeaky clean and bash other fanbases and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Tressel, using his bag of dirty tricks. Haha, wouldnt have expected this from a conservative guy like him.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

osu is gonna have a tough year next year with all the adversity theyre facing

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

That is the punishment that Ohio State is hoping the NCAA buys. He will get 5 games minimum. Ohio State also may lose a bowl game at the end of this season for playihng players whom they KNEW had violated NCAA rules. Also look for scholarship reductions. I hope they throw the book at these smug a**holes. That news conference yesterday was absolutely pathetic.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

That's some funny stuff there Lion4Life.

Where in hell do you guys find this stuff?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Sports pundits and Buckeye fans are discussing Ohio State's "squeaky clean" reputation.
    My reaction is "What!!!!" Where in the hell did they get that idea!!!"

Look at the brand of players they've produced- it's like they have forgotten Maurice Clarett.

darrell74

Personally, I think that the whole thing is over blown and it's a little knit picky.

Their is a federal investigation that's not complete.
    Tressel knows something, but doesn't offer any information.
    Possibly, is this a fifth amendment scenario. because if did offer information w/o being asked, doesn't that incriminate him.

Right now, as I write this, he's getting 'lynched' on a national sports talk radio show.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope he gets half a season. Cheaters suck.

morganwags
    morganwags's Avatar Become A Pro!

didnt get enough

darrell74

I'm still not even sure if this is cheating.

It's not like this guy does what SEC schools do and pay players (i.e. Cam Newton).

Some of his players get caught selling OSU gear, and he busted them for it. He even told them not to go pro, next year, come back and serve a 5 game suspension. I do find some respectability in that.

But then their is a whole mess of a guy in a tattoo parlor that's under federal scrutiny.
    Sounds to me that he wasn't speaking to the media about something that he wasn't allowed to speak about something his attorney ordered him not to say.

darrell74

It seems the media is motivated by making this a front headline story because they're trying to mix in the opinion of Ohio State is a squeaky clean school.

It's not and never been a squeaky clean school.
    This school has produced some known criminals.
    This school made bomb threats to University of Michigan school buses.
    This school had that weird dude, back in the 80's who had the out of control gambling addiction.

Also, this school has a history of being smug.
    They think they're just being proud when they're just being smug.
    They say "The" with way too much emphasis when they say their name, 'The Ohio State University'.

darrell74

They're pretty much the black sheep of the big ten.
    All the other Big Ten schools seem to get along just fine but it seems like 'The Ohio State University' continues to harbor criminal activity.

Think about this fellahs, if you had a daughter that was deciding colleges, would you seriously want your daughter to attend that school for 4 years.
    Not with the history they've had, I wouldn't.

chelle0113
    chelle0113's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think ohio state makes it pretty far! good chance of takin it all if they dont make stupid mistakes!!

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chelle0113 View Post
    i think ohio state makes it pretty far! good chance of takin it all if they dont make stupid mistakes!!
    lol, little late for that.

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

Looks like Tressell is living up to his nickname and becoming crooked like so many elected officials.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by Lion4Life View Post

That's some funny shit. Great vid, Lion.

eldoctord
    eldoctord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Not to get too far off topic, but at some level, all teams and coaches are dealing with multiple infractions. They push it under the rug and hope no one digs too deep or asks the right question. NCAA making billions off these kids who get in trouble for having someone buy them a hamburger.

On the other end of the spectrum, New Mexico State (one of the worst D-I teams in the country) are sending out emails to alumni asking for food donations for the football teams during two a days. If I send food to the university its OK, but if I buy a hungry college student on scholarship a meal then the team gets in trouble.......????

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I can't wait for all the whiney Ohio State fans to start making excuses for Tressell now.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What Tressel did was to knowingly allow players who broke NCAA rules to play in games last season. Since he knew about these violations way before the season started, he and the University are guilty of failing to provide an atmosphere of compliance. There is no way that the NCAA is going to allow Ohio State to slap itself on the wrist because the violation was so clear cut and intentional.

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

As a diehard Buckeye fan what he did was a sick. I will not make any excuses for him and he got off light as a feather.

Big whoop, he gets to miss 2 scrimmage games VS Akron and Toledo, what would be a better punishnment is if he had to lose to the team up North on purpose.

Even with him missing the 1st 2 games and 5 players missing the 1st 5 games they will still be at least 4-1, so where is the justice in all this?

JOEY_TT
    JOEY_TT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

go bucks

JBQB107
    JBQB107's Avatar Become A Pro!

so you guys are mad that tressel didn't say anything? so what if they ******* sold their apparrel. who gives a rats ass. college players need money to. let them sell that shit. they will regret it one day anyways so let it be the players fault

darrell74

I don't think it's that bad.
    Tressel didn't exactly commit bloody murder.

My problem is the Buckeye fan and the national media are trying to play this out as Ohio State is some kind of super-moralistic school that fell to temptation.

Seriously, nobody outside of Ohio thought that OSU was a good, clean program.
    We think you're dirty, but maybe not as dirty as an SEC school or Southern Cal.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!

With the NCAA report yesterday calling Tressel out for lying, I went back and pulled up Bigdaddy's tread posted on March 8. This is a fun read. Interesting points of view before a lot of facts are available.