HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

HBO to drop a bombshell on Auburn!

Listening to a radio show on 97.7fm the zone out of Huntsville Al. its a show that comes on tues. nights for now, scheduled to air weekly in the future. The 2 guys on the show said that HBO will air a show that will be so big about pay for play recruiting that Cam Newton will be only a foot-note. That Kiffen and Orgeron (sorry for the spelling) offered 150,000$ for Cam Newton's services. This was first talked about last week when John Bond was a guest on the show. These guys names are Scottie W. and Redfish. Cam Newton will be the least of Auburns problems. Now who knows how long the NCAA will take with the investigation, however the HBO show should speed things up. Go to www.rollbamaroll.com and keyword search HBO. or just google HBO pay for play show. Bond and Rogers have been approached by Real Sports with Bryant Gumble.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Will tbe book refund my oregon bet? If not, i could give a shit about cam newton lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jive

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

google HBO pay for play show

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is no big deal. It will take years to prove anything, and by that time, no one will care. Just a bunch of disgruntled Alabama fans because they GAVE AWAY the Auburn game, at home, last season.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Alabama choked @Home vs Auburn, Lost $1100 on those idiots.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

haha everyone just cares about their dumb bets

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

HBO is pretty legit, I doubt they'd come out with just rumors. This might shake some shit up a bit.

Shelton
    Shelton's Avatar Become A Pro!

so he gives the heisman trophey back

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    HBO is pretty legit, I doubt they'd come out with just rumors. This might shake some shit up a bit.

C'mon, guys. Its the NCAA. Look at the crap they let people get away with in basketball, do you really think they're going to do anything?

Repeat after me: A dirty program is better than an irrelevant program.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post

C'mon, guys. Its the NCAA. Look at the crap they let people get away with in basketball, do you really think they're going to do anything?

Repeat after me: A dirty program is better than an irrelevant program.

Tell that to the kids playing for USC.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is no big deal. It will take years to prove anything, and by that time, no one will care. Just a bunch of disgruntled Alabama fans because they GAVE AWAY the Auburn game, at home, last season.
    Oh nightmares about Ingram's fumble on the long run...etc....thanks for triggering my depression in Feb buddy

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Just like the USC situation it will take a third party to get the ball rolling. The NCAA sat on the facts to keep a non-aq school from shaking up the BCS, and the SEC sat on the facts for several million reasons, and even ESPN who earns a bunch of money off these games held back. Texas, USC, Oregon, will also be mentioned......This will be so big Cam will be a foot note........Glover a former college player is thought to be interviewing and telling how he was paid to play, his recruiter was Eddy Grand, Tubbervilles buddy. The same Eddy Grand that recruited for one Lane Kiffin and is no currently recruiting for Jimbo Fisher at FSU. (wonder how much that class cost).

And BigDaddyHQ no this is not because I am a disgruntled Bama fan. I believe if you dont play well enough on the field then you dont earn anything. What this is, is a person who loves college football with a passion and is sick and tired of all the young punks that think because they starred at some highschool that they deserve something and the actions of the recruiters just feeding the frenzy. I hope the ugly truth comes out. All That it affects, I hope gets whats coming to them, even if that includes my beloved Tide. Its about Honor gentlmen, Not victories or wagers. Honor plain and simple.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

The HBO deal is supposed to air March 30th but Cam would only be mentioned if John Bond does the show and that would supposedly hurt Miss St according to reports. Stanley McClover (from the honk if you've sacked Brodie game) will allege he was paid 20k at AU. Chris Keys will make a similar claim about Alabama. This will likely be a hit piece against most of the SEC but by players who are outside the statute of limitations.

Might as well get started on the next round of "Auburn will get hammered by the NCAA because __________"

Have fun.

valaub04

Oh, and btw hook, the Dallas Morning News is looking into the Brent Calloway recruiting story... Supposedly to use as reason for A&M to not move bc the SEC will all be on probation soon, or something close to that.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Im not sure about the Tennessee implication in this. Trust me, I wouldnt doubt that Kiffin would do that sort of thing just not sure in this instance. To my knowledge Tennessee never offered Cam a scholarship and they took a commitment from Matt Simms with Cam Newton still on the board last year. Why would you offer $150,000 but not a scholarship and take a verbal from a different JUCO QB?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    Oh, and btw hook, the Dallas Morning News is looking into the Brent Calloway recruiting story... Supposedly to use as reason for A&M to not move bc the SEC will all be on probation soon, or something close to that.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    Im not sure about the Tennessee implication in this. Trust me, I wouldnt doubt that Kiffin would do that sort of thing just not sure in this instance. To my knowledge Tennessee never offered Cam a scholarship and they took a commitment from Matt Simms with Cam Newton still on the board last year. Why would you offer $150,000 but not a scholarship and take a verbal from a different JUCO QB?
    Maybe it was to leave with Kiffen and go to Cali

valaub04

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Mr. Updyke,

EAD. War Damn.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Speculation is running rampant, and the more speculation there is, the weaker the story becomes.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Tell 'em, Big Daddy.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    Just like the USC situation it will take a third party to get the ball rolling. The NCAA sat on the facts to keep a non-aq school from shaking up the BCS, and the SEC sat on the facts for several million reasons, and even ESPN who earns a bunch of money off these games held back. Texas, USC, Oregon, will also be mentioned......This will be so big Cam will be a foot note........Glover a former college player is thought to be interviewing and telling how he was paid to play, his recruiter was Eddy Grand, Tubbervilles buddy. The same Eddy Grand that recruited for one Lane Kiffin and is no currently recruiting for Jimbo Fisher at FSU. (wonder how much that class cost).

And BigDaddyHQ no this is not because I am a disgruntled Bama fan. I believe if you dont play well enough on the field then you dont earn anything. What this is, is a person who loves college football with a passion and is sick and tired of all the young punks that think because they starred at some highschool that they deserve something and the actions of the recruiters just feeding the frenzy. I hope the ugly truth comes out. All That it affects, I hope gets whats coming to them, even if that includes my beloved Tide. Its about Honor gentlmen, Not victories or wagers. Honor plain and simple.
    Honor and NCAA? That's must be some good shit you are smoking there bud.

NCAA Football is the modern plantation system.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post

THe NCAA is about money. Period. Honor has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you are getting sick of all of the young punks in college football, make the entry requirements for these young punks the same as for any other student. 50% of these kids would not make it.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

THe NCAA is about money. Period. Honor has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you are getting sick of all of the young punks in college football, make the entry requirements for these young punks the same as for any other student. 50% of these kids would not make it.
    This. In most cases the term "student" athlete is laughable.