WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Mel Kiper's Top Six Mock Draft

I'm not sure how accurate Kiper is with draft picks but here's who he likes for his top 6 picks.

1. Carolina - Nick Fairly, DT, Auburn
    2. Denver - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    3. Buffalo - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    4. Cincinnati - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    5. Arizona - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
    6. Cleveland - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

Four on defense and two on offense.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Dislike Kiper

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Even with Luck out of the picture, I still can't see Newton being the first QB taken. I don't really like any QB in this draft, though.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Believe it or not, I like Kirk Fitzpatrick. But Bailey is the kind of coach who like athletic QB's. Remember Quincy Carter @Cowboys, and Reggie Ball @Georgia Tech
    . Both were his chosen QB's at his last two stops as a HC. Both flamed out

SB8621
    SB8621's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't like his predictions!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Kiper is abou as accurate as most people are. In other words, he has no idea what he is talking about. I consistantly am more accurate that he is, and I am not real good at this. That is how bad Kiper really is.

stevenash

I forget, what position did Kiper ever play?
    Did he ever even lace up the cleats?

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Kiper is one of the Top-5 draft gurus on the web. Coming in at #5.

If you use their data properly, you can utterly destroy the books come NFL Draft prop bet season.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Said Kiper, “If Clausen’s not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done.”

Think he'll stick by his word? It was painful watching the Panthers last year with Jimmy at the helm.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

Believe it or not, I like Kirk Fitzpatrick. But Bailey is the kind of coach who like athletic QB's. Remember Quincy Carter @Cowboys, and Reggie Ball @Georgia Tech
    . Both were his chosen QB's at his last two stops as a HC. Both flamed out
    haha is that a quote from somebody else???

kirk fitzpatrick? bailey?

im not the biggest newton endorser for the next level....but he makes sense for some clubs...carter was dumb as rocks and a pothead....reggie ball was not even 6ft....neither had the physical package newton has

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

im on board with the newton to bills notion. great fit

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    Said Kiper, “If Clausen’s not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done.”

Think he'll stick by his word? It was painful watching the Panthers last year with Jimmy at the helm.
    lets not write clausen off just yet....with luck unvailable hell likely get a year to see if hes the man(unless tony pike gets the job and takes a stranglehold on it)....alot of people see guys like ryan, freeman, and bradford starting to turn things around for their franchises quickly....and are starting to think its that easy.....they were also trying to break two rookie receivers into the mix...thats never a good recipe....let em get an impact defensive player and another training camp under his belt....its a little early to write him off

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Dont really want to get in an NFL discussion on the College football board but if Tony Pike takes a stranglehold on any NFL job, it doesnt say much for his competition and Andrew Luck will be wearing that teams colors come the following year. When it came to Clausen, Kiper was extremely off by mentioning him as a lock for the top 10 last year, that was my point. This year showed why many teams passed on him.

Out of all the rookie QBs that competed last year, Clausen was the least impressive. Tebow, McCoy and Bradford werent on strong teams either but they showed some glimmer from time to time. Clausen was more likely to trip over the midfield logo than he was throw a TD pass last year.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

AJ Green going that high is crazy.

uofajoe99
    uofajoe99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

The dudes got good hair tho...

stevenash

We are talking about Kiper, right?
    The same man who thought Andre Ware was the next Joe Montana?

The guy who thought WR Mike Williams out of USC was the top pick on the whole entire 2005 board?
    Every other expert told Kiper "Williams is too slow, he's too lazy..."
    Kiper, the stubborn, arrogant man that he is, said, "I'll see you guys in Canton at the Hall of Fame induction" (talking about Williams)
    How'd that work out for Detroit? I bet the Lions are glad they listened to Kiper.

Kiper blew a gasket when Indy drafted Faulk over Dilfer (or was it Trev Alberts), said "Indy made a huge mistake"

Didn't Kiper say Spielman was a waste of a first day pick, would be a giant NFL bust?

Din't he laugh at the Bengals with the Levi Jones pick over Buchanan.?

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Keep in mind Kiper gets paid tens of thousands by agents to pump certain prospects up (Clausen).

He's never done any "scouting" of his own, his info is just what he gets from actual NFL scouts.

One year he had Dunta Robinson in his top 10 of his Mock when no one had him in the first day. All the poser NFL Draft sites later added Robinson to their rankings.

Metaphorically speaking, Kiper is CRIS while is like all the others who clone their openers.

The number of better predictors out there that do their own work you don't need 2 hands to count.

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
    Keep in mind Kiper gets paid tens of thousands by agents to pump certain prospects up (Clausen).

He's never done any "scouting" of his own, his info is just what he gets from actual NFL scouts.

One year he had Dunta Robinson in his top 10 of his Mock when no one had him in the first day. All the poser NFL Draft sites later added Robinson to their rankings.

Metaphorically speaking, Kiper is CRIS while is like all the others who clone their openers.

The number of better predictors out there that do their own work you don't need 2 hands to count.
    That's what I have heard too. Besiders, Kiper sucks a big one.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eating Bookies View Post
    Besiders, Kiper sucks a big one.
    +1
    The equivalant of Jim Gray.