teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

which games do you see losing here?

I say Pitt (Wannstedt is a bad coach) Ticket # 47480374
    Accepted: 8/19/2008 1:23:43 PM
    Wager Type: Teaser
    Risk: 150
    Win: 180
    Description: Football - 129 Vanderbilt +17 for Game Football - 132 South Carolina +2 for Game Football - 133 Wake Forest +1½ for Game Football - 160 Nebraska pk for Game Football - 169 Boston College +4½ for Game Football - 176 Pittsburgh U +1½ for Game Football - 179 Virginia Tech +4½ for Game

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you.

I need someone to explain why anyone would rank Pitt in the top 25.

They did beat WVU, but they also lost to Navy last year. In fact, they lost 7 games in 2007.

Their have to rebuild their 4/5ths of their OL, and they still have serious question marks at QB and WR. McCoy is a good back, but even good backs can't escape 7 tacklers every play.

BC is also another questionable team. They didn't recruit particularly well, and they lost Matt Ryan along with 3 OL and 3 DL. I just don't know how they will play this year.

uscfootball33
    uscfootball33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Be careful with Vanderbilt, they have 5 new starters on the offensive line.

teaserpleaser

cool guys thanks for the response.... I have a hard time having a mac team beat a S.E.C. team even vanderbilt. I think vanderbilt wins that game outright (+17 worst case) vanderbilt keeps it respectable against florida, lose to a very good georgia team by 3 points miami oh would get blown out by both. I've been focusing on vandy the 5 new starters are juniors and most played some snaps last year. bobby johnson makes sure the bench plays alot. watch the game on thursday if you get a chance vandys D has at 2 guys at corner you'll be watching on sundays.

teaserpleaser

oh and Vandys upset about being 4 point dogs to a M.A.C team a quote today from the starting vanderbilt left defensive end Brodrick stewart :
    The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Stewart bristles at the notion that Vanderbilt is going to fall back to a two- or three-win team this season.
    "I saw where somebody had us 2-10," said Stewart, who had six sacks last season despite not starting. "They've got us as underdogs to Miami of Ohio. I don't get it. We play in the SEC, but people look at us like we're some doormat."

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    I agree with you.

I need someone to explain why anyone would rank Pitt in the top 25.

They did beat WVU, but they also lost to Navy last year. In fact, they lost 7 games in 2007.

Their have to rebuild their 4/5ths of their OL, and they still have serious question marks at QB and WR. McCoy is a good back, but even good backs can't escape 7 tacklers every play.

BC is also another questionable team. They didn't recruit particularly well, and they lost Matt Ryan along with 3 OL and 3 DL. I just don't know how they will play this year.
    I hear you Pitt has talent alot more than bowling green thats for sure bowling green was terrible against the run and MCcoy is special... but dave wanstedt will find some way to mess it up im almost sure of it. just a bad x and o's coach one hell of a recruiter though I took pitt as a 12 point favorite at home on opening night to lose to bowling green just might get him ran out of Pitt. You would think they could just line up and run the ball every play bowling green is soft and undersized on defense. Will Pitt score enough to stop bowling green becasue they will score some points i will be watching. BC will be fine BJ raji and Brace are two run stopping DTs if you havent noticed I think the MAC is weak and i bet against them when the play out of conference. Chris Crane a 5th year senior just has to manage the game he should be okay.