seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydafreak View Post
    Seaborn, I see you're from LA (Lower Alabama). Where do you live? I live in Fairhope.

FREAK OUT!!!
    Actually East Alabama, L A just sounded better on a universal forum. I live in Auburn, less than a mile from campus.

Jimmydafreak
    Jimmydafreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Actually East Alabama, L A just sounded better on a universal forum. I live in Auburn, less than a mile from campus.

I see. I take it you're an Auburn fan. Did you watch Auburn's game last night?

FREAK OUT!!!

Jimmydafreak
    Jimmydafreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jinks View Post
    Hey Jimmy, thanks for the reply. As I said I'm new to all of this. I do appreciate hard work and love to read the insights of more experienced players, I was just thinking that by definiton a forum is for comments both positive and negative. After all if pags is posting on a forum then it's for all to see and all to comment on. Don't take my post as "negative", but the reality is the picks weren't very good simple as that. I'm not saying I could do better, but I'm not posting as a capper. Anyway I love to read all the posts and look forward to continuing to learn.
    No sweat Jinks.

You are correct this forum is for people to debate the pros and cons of a certain game/bet. That works great if everyone is doing BEFORE the game is played. That contributes to the qulity of the board and helps people win money. I'm sure Pags would be happy to discuss any of his picks with you.

If you're telling someone what an idiot they are AFTER the games are played, that's completely different. That serves no constructive purpose whatsoever. Pags (or anyone else) doesn't need to be reminded of the games he mis-fired on. I'll guarantee you that no one is more disappointed with his week one than Pags himself.

Surely you can see the difference Jinks.

Good luck to you!!!

FREAK OUT!!!

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jimmy - You post some good advice. Pretty eloquent , too. This is just week one, and the guys who know nothing better than to play the huge favorites which were very successful yesterday will get burned and burned badly sooner or later. Or both.

pags- looking forward to Sept 6. I went 11-8 for a decent profit margin and I thank you for La Tech and Cal.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

just so everyone realizes, I am aware that there will be guys coming into my threads taking shots at me...that I don't have an issue with...my biggest issue is that this weekend tacomax came into my thread talking smack...understand that we have a long history of this forum and I'd rather not write my feelings towards him as both a poster and a person...this being said, I was upset about him in particular coming in and not being disciplined immediately...I do feel like a lot of the moderators here take action (crazyl and willie B are two that come to mind) and with all the traffic going through my thread all I have asked is that they police it a little more than the average thread here...Pags' Plays has become something people look forward to here, but there will always be people who want to hate...this comes with the territory...

pags11

vbomber,

good post...I appreciate your support and advice...

happy boy,

thank you...

soonerbs,

much appreciated...great call again on the Arizona play...

white tiger,

you're memory serves you well...traditionally I tread water the first couple of weeks and start to get it going as the season goes on...I appreciate you recognizing that...

pavy,

again it was tacomax coming in here late last night...they moved it to the private section which does diffuse some of the situation, but I felt like he deserved a warning from the moderating staff...thus, the reason I was upset...

mr jinks,

you really think going 3-5 when 3 of my five losses had a chance to cover in the fourth quarter is awful?...not a good week I agree, but to be a good capper you must put process over results...take a look at how all of my games when down (I watched 5 on TV and listened to two on the radio so I knew exactly how all of them went down, including Idaho getting pounded 70-0)...I challenge you to post your picks each week, complete with write-ups for all the years that I have and your perspective on an "awful" week may change...reading your later posts I think your view point may have already changed...

seaborn,

thanks for your congrats about the Alabama play...that must have been one heck of a game, I'm sure that you enjoyed it...much of the credit in capping that game must go to Jimmydafreak...I was 90% sure I was playing the game until I talked to him and his insight pushed me to make it my seventh play...thank goodness I did...

richkas,

a poster's opinion such as yourself, who is routinely known to bet moneyline favorites of -800 or more, means very little to me...thanks for your contribution though to my thread...

freak,

thanks very much for all that you stated...I truly appreciate it and you know how highly I think of you and your handicapping ability...I am glad to have the support of a good capper and friend like you...

taurus,

glad to hear you had a good week...I always enjoy reading the bull sheet...

Halifax
    Halifax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1605

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    dazzez,

without going into great detail as to how I place wagers for myself and my investors, and mainly for the sake of ease of record keeping, all plays are kept as even money bets...this will be reflected in my record as the season goes on...thanks...
    Nothing like grading your plays at +100 instead of -110 ... makes it a whole lot easier to claim you're in the plus column.

I suppose you can buy on/off the 3 for five cents, too ?

Heartman2
    Heartman2's Avatar Become A Pro!

No hate here pags11, I apreciate people who post picks, but how can you justify grading all picks at +100?

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Pags,

I know you didn't bet it, but what are your thoughts on UCLA/Tenn tonight?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Pags,

I actually never noticed you graded plays at +100. If you don't post actual odds on your plays, you should default to -110.

natrass
    natrass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never mind your picks pags .. tell me who your bookie is.

What a deal youve got going there.

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Hey Pags,
    thanks for the insight on the LA. Tech game,went with you there...
    Good call on Alabama... good luck next week

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Can everyone stop whining. Nothing more immature than knocking someone else's picks because you either suck at picking, no one cares about your picks, or both.

pags11

halifax,

how have you been?...last I heard you had blown all of your bank roll on square picks...good to see that you are still around...

heartman,

first, I've mentioned before that I manage a group of people's money, sort of my investors of sorts...I make plays at bookmaker and at matchbook...my deal with them is that I take the reduced juice and the better number, they get the -110 odds and the other number (many times is the same number)...they don't complain...I started doing this approximately three years ago...

second, after 70 hours of handicapping in a week at the end of a Saturday, it's much less math to do by having even ammounts...say what you want, but had I made all my plays at -110 last year I still would have been up significantly on the year...

LT profits,

now you know you and I are cool...please don't come in here and piss me off...I don't go in your threads and tell you that I think touts are scumbags...let's keep it right between us...thanks...

natrass,

another failed handicapper from the past!...how's the carnival treating you?...

masr,

no problem at all...just continuing to gather information early in the season...good luck to you next week as well...

mv09,

you hit the nail on the head my friend!...I've never been around a sports gambling forum with more people that either A. don't gamble, B. suck at gambling or C. are extremely jealous of other people's success...I appreciate your observation and support...

LT Profits

Pags,

HUH? How can you justify monitoring plays at +100. It just makes no sense mathematically. No matter what the size of one's unit is (no pun intended), if they lose, they lose 1.10 times more that they would win. That is just a fact that is not even debatable.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lt profits you confuse me? stop using big words in your post's.

pags11

I post what I risk on plays...while I understand that most people don't have the luxury of betting games twice and getting the better number and juice, I do...I had SMU +3 (+118) last week but posted it as a full half unit loss last week...unlike you, I have a real job and I honestly get tired of running numbers at work and then on here...dispute my final winning units if you wish, but you will also wish to have a similiar winning percentage as me at the end of the season...

what is not debatable is why someone would ever charge for their picks...

LT Profits

I am not "disputing" your units won/lost, I am downright saying they are WRONG. You are trying to convince people that 1 + 1 = 3.

There are two ways to document picks: either post your real juice with each play and grade accordingly or grade all plays at -110. It just makes no sense to grade all plays at +100 because no one gets +100 as an average on ATS bets.

I must say I liked you and I always defended you until now, and I even praised you as the best CFB handicapper on the internet. However, you are now showing a disturbing side of you that bothers the shit out of me.

As for selling picks, show me one SBR post where I am soliciting anyone (hint: you won't find one). I try to be nothing but helpful, and I feel I do a very good job of that (if I may say so myself).

And to think, you are angry at me because I suggest putting Tacomax on Ignore if he bothers you so much instead of him forcing you out because you are such a GREAT CFB capper, and I also simply inform you you are not grading plays properly with no malicious intent behind it, and you consider my contructive criticism "negative" and say I have lost a friend. For what? What exactly does that say about your character?

Have a nice day!

bosterosoy
    bosterosoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags,

Any wisdom on South Carolina -10?

Penn State at -16.5?

NEP Dynasty
    NEP Dynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I am not "disputing" your units won/lost, I am downright saying they are WRONG. You are trying to convince people that 1 + 1 = 3.

There are two ways to document picks: either post your real juice with each play and grade accordingly or grade all plays at -110. It just makes no sense to grade all plays at +100 because no one gets +100 as an average on ATS bets.

I must say I liked you and I always defended you until now, and I even praised you as the best CFB handicapper on the internet. However, you are now showing a disturbing side of you that bothers the shit out of me.

As for selling picks, show me one SBR post where I am soliciting anyone (hint: you won't find one). I try to be nothing but helpful, and I feel I do a very good job of that (if I may say so myself).

And to think, you are angry at me because I suggest putting Tacomax on Ignore if he bothers you so much instead of him forcing you out because you are such a GREAT CFB capper, and I also simply inform you you are not grading plays properly with no malicious intent behind it, and you consider my contructive criticism "negative" and say I have lost a friend. For what? What exactly does that say about your character?

Have a nice day!

pags11

LT profits,

I am not being paid for the service I provide (unlike some other people), I can do whatever the hell I want...the only other way I can think to do it is to post half my plays that I get at bookmaker at the -110 and the other half of my plays and numbers I get at matchbook at the +102, +106, +112, +118 lines I get and keep track of them both...I think if I did this you would find that my average bet between using the two books is right near even money, if not on the plus side...but you know what?...that would take WAY to much time for me and I really don't want to bother...this is my choice, I don't have a handicapping service...do you understand this yet?...I don't care if you agree or not, I'm just not going to take that kind of time when I'm already giving so much for free...at the end of the year, you are going to make the statement, "pags should only be up x ammount of units instead of y"...do you realize if that's the worst thing you can find to say about my handicapping skills that it just makes you look bad?...you have shown that you are jealous, otherwise you would have kept to yourself...I'm done discussing with you why I record my plays the way I do and as I said in another thread you are welcome to track my plays at -110 (since you seem to be more interested in what I do than in making your own picks)...you need to learn to choose your battles, and this is one you should have let someone else fight...I could give a **** what your personal opinion of me is, you know and I know that I pick winners and that's all anyone really needs to know...I'm not in this to be your friend or anyone elses and you shouldn't be either...don't tell me to have a nice day either after being such an ass...I don't want to conversate with you any longer...
    Last edited by pags11; 09-03-08 at 04:30 PM.

LT Profits

And show me where I ever said you don't pick winners! If you look back at my past posts about you, you will see nothing but positive remarks!

And jealous? I am still at around 58% over the last seven years combined even with a bad year last year, so I have nothing to be jealous about. I was merely pointing out that you are the first capper I've ever come across that grades his plays at even money.

And the sad thing that this whole argument started over what should have been a positive, a thread where I was basically telling you to just ignore the riff-raff that invades your threads.

As for the rest of you comments in your last post, those just show what a pompous ass you really are.

Good Bye.

LT Profits

Oh yeah....

Have a nice day!

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

Well seems like a crazy start to a college football season thats just in this forum
    Well im fairly new to the forum since mid last season, Ive been wagering/capping for a good 20 yrs or so...i think i hold my own i keep pretty low profile...
    But, ive read many threads and noticed names..and i got to say everyone here seems knowledgable, some more than others. and ive used that some of that insight to determine some of my own picks.
    But i got to say just by tracking, no disrespect to anyone,
    I think pags got more accuracy on his picks.. than LT,
    and thats with pags slump end of last season..i was in the same slump (crazy year ,last year ) my first week reading about pags and trying his picks i went 6-0!
    (thanks again pags!!)
    Seems like pags puts tremendous effort in what he does and by looking back good at it too! Keep up the good work!
    But i also dont think LT meant anything personal originally thats just my personal opinion, but hope everyone gets along and concentrate on this season. BECAUSE I STILL WANT TO GET MY BOOK BACK FOR LAST YEAR!!!
    Everyone keep up the good work and hope everyone has a good season

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    But i also dont think LT meant anything personal originally thats just my personal opinion, but hope everyone gets along and concentrate on this season.
    Exactly, no malicious intent whatsoever.

First ... 3456