uscfootball33
    uscfootball33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    uscfootball,

How would you know Pags has done it "year after year"....you weren't even on this forum last college football season sans the bowl games.

I am curious, how does one know so much about this forum without having posted here during the season?

But hey, you're another one easily confused by facts it would seem.
    Despite the idiocy in the above comments, I will not respond further. This is Pags thread and I do not want to clutter it up with stupid internet arguments.

ChiGuy23
    ChiGuy23's Avatar Become A Pro!

good call uscfootball33

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

chiguy,

I have three tivos (actually two tivos and one DVR), one at my office and two at my house...any game that is televised by ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS Sports College, CBS, NBC, ABC, Vs., or any of the Fox Sports and Comcast Sports networks I tivo if I don't watch live (I pay an extra $12 per month to get the expanded "Sports Pack")...I also go back and watch games on ESPN 360 during the week that were played the previous Saturday, which are usually the ones from the ESPN game plan that I don't get...I fast forward through all of the commercials, and there's this cool little button on my DVR remote that fast forwards 30 secs, which is usually the ammount of time between plays...when I wake up, I watch tape...at work I watch tape...and when I come home I watch tape...pretty much the only time I don't is when I'm at the gym or out with a broad...

uscfootball,

thank you for your understanding...it's unfortunate that some people don't have a lot of respect or knowledge for posting properly in these types of forums but hopefully they will learn...

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, I was checking out some of your threads from last year and I was shocked at how you were spot on with most write ups...can't wait to read your week 1 write ups.

ChiGuy23
    ChiGuy23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    chiguy,

I have three tivos (actually two tivos and one DVR), one at my office and two at my house...any game that is televised by ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS Sports College, CBS, NBC, ABC, Vs., or any of the Fox Sports and Comcast Sports networks I tivo if I don't watch live (I pay an extra $12 per month to get the expanded "Sports Pack")...I also go back and watch games on ESPN 360 during the week that were played the previous Saturday, which are usually the ones from the ESPN game plan that I don't get...I fast forward through all of the commercials, and there's this cool little button on my DVR remote that fast forwards 30 secs, which is usually the ammount of time between plays...when I wake up, I watch tape...at work I watch tape...and when I come home I watch tape...pretty much the only time I don't is when I'm at the gym or out with a broad...

uscfootball,

thank you for your understanding...it's unfortunate that some people don't have a lot of respect or knowledge for posting properly in these types of forums but hopefully they will learn...

Thank you sir, i appreciate the info and will start to use my Direct TV DVR a little more efficiently rather then just recording Seinfeld re-runs. Dont think i will be able to watch film at work though....

pags11

onthewhat,

thanks bud...I work really hard on them and appreciate you recognizing it...it's also why I get kind of pissed when people come into my thread and act like assholes, as I feel like I am providing a pretty valuable service free of charge...

chiguy,

yeah, I own my own business, so the boss doesn't mind ...you will learn a lot going back and watching games...good luck...

Alry45
    Alry45's Avatar Become A Pro!

pags...what makes you like memphis ? I am biased but I feel as though Ole Miss should be able to cover that spread (I know the games have been close as of lately)

pags11

alry,

I explain in detail in my write-up Thu. evening, but check the injury report for the Ole Miss defensive line...that's a start...

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Pags,

Welcome back, Mr. Handicapper.

AdamL2424
    The Dynasty Continues......
    AdamL2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 136

Hey Pags... first of all i have heard nothing but GREAT things about you from other forums (eog, covers, etc) Thanks for the hard work u put in its really appreciated.... What do you think about Oregon State -3?

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey , here we are about to begin another season, pags.
    Do you know how good it is to see a capper posting plays that are not all FAVS ???
    I had already decided to play on SMU and Illinois. Good to see you on them.
    Leaning toward Memphis. Thanks for the push.
    Notice that Kyle also likes Idaho so the two of you may that good enough for me.
    Hadn't come up with any position on the other three, but if you are on Cal (lol) I guess I have to listen.
    Best of luck this year.
    taurus ( known in some places as 'bull')

pags11

volin,

good to see you again ol' pal...thanks man...GL this season...

adam,

thank you for the kind words...I have no real opinion on the OSU vs. Stanford games...I really have read some good things out of the OSU camp in regards to their offense (Straughter is back and the two Rodgers bros. are studs), but they are replacing their entire front 7...Stanford returns nine on D, but I have some serious concerns about their ability to move the ball, especially through the air (I do like RB Gerhart though)...line seems about right to me...BOL to you...

taurus,

quality individuals like yourself are rare to find across the net...I appreciate all of your support over the years...yeah, after 24 years, you learn it's an easier way to live being a value handicapper...good to hear that you are on SMU and Illinios and thinking about Memphis...kyle is a solid capper and I too am happy that he's on Idaho...GL to you this year and I look forward to our future discussions...

BBB,

I'll check it out...thanks...

emmittrudd
    emmittrudd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Pags, I'm not the type to jock someone but will give credit where it is deserved. I followed you on another site and want to give you props for the work you do and being a class act on these forums by spreading a lot of helpfull insight. A lot of people that have had half the success of you for 1/4 of consecutive years have went tout. That's real cool of you for helping out folks with your insight just to do it. As you can see this is my first post here. I won't muddy up you threads unless I have something usefull to say, but heres to a profitable and more than anything a fun season. Good luck bro I look forward to the writeups and hope to contribute when I can. That's what makes this fun.

pags11

emmitt,

thanks very much for your post and your kind words...I like staying on the playing side of things, to me it's about sharing what I've learned and having fun...I do this as a hobby and enjoy it...I'm glad that there are people out there like you that appreciate my hard work...best of luck to you as well this season ...

onthewhat

Hey pags, sorry for another question but I had a friend telling me about California QB situation changing and I see the line moved in MSU's favor. Will you elaborate on this in your write up?

Alry45
    Alry45's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know we are missing P. Jerry and Hardy... I still though however feel with this being Nutt's first game he'll have the troops rolling. Im going to keep drinking my kool aide and go with Ole Miss this week and see what happens though. I will most likely follow a couple of your other picks though! Look forward to seeing your write up about the game and your future picks!

pags11

onthewhat,

Riley and Longshore are pretty interchangable...if I were your friend I would be more concerned about the MSU QB Hoyer making good decisions in this one...yes, I will explain in detail my thoughts over both QB positions in my write-up...

alry,

I understand...good to hear we will be on a few games together...I will have my write-up posted by Thursday evening, glad you are looking forward to it...

pags11

Added Alabama +5 as my seventh play for Saturday...

onthewhat

cant wait to read your write up on the game, should be a great one

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

pags, I think the only dog I'm playing the first week is Vandy and I'm playing them on the ML. Fortunately, other than Idaho, I'm not against you on any first week plays, so I hope we both cash BIG. I'm mostly a favorites player the first couple of weeks of the season as they usually cash better those weeks until Vegas linesmakers get a handle on the teams better.

I look forward to checking your plays out for a change after watching you check everyone else's threads out over the years.

Good luck, dude!

morrow
    morrow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags plays

Hi Pags

Just interested in what you see in Ill and Nmex? All information clearly leans the other way especially with TCU who is stacked on both sides. I agree with weak D's in Ill game but do not think they can keep up with Miss. Love to read your input before I pull the trigger.

Morrow

dyounger
    dyounger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags- Memphis and Bama . Alot of people under estimating the fact that Ole miss is missing there hole starting D line. Not just any D line either, 1st rounder in the NFL and a couple other nfl prospects.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, thanks for your time. I'm familiar with your work, at least the past 2 season. Totally respect you as a capper. You made me some coin a ways back on a UConn play.
    Anyway, I'm already down at bookmaker for SMU +3.5 and Idaho +27. Of all your plays I liked them the most. How good do you feel on these 2 games vs your others?

Starting tight end out for Arizona should help.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

The Alabama pick is a fire pick!
    Last edited by ZBOIZ; 08-26-08 at 07:51 PM.

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    Hey , here we are about to begin another season, pags.
    Do you know how good it is to see a capper posting plays that are not all FAVS ???
    I had already decided to play on SMU and Illinois. Good to see you on them.
    Leaning toward Memphis. Thanks for the push.
    Notice that Kyle also likes Idaho so the two of you may that good enough for me.
    Hadn't come up with any position on the other three, but if you are on Cal (lol) I guess I have to listen.
    Best of luck this year.
    taurus ( known in some places as 'bull')
    brown-noser . . . . .

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

GL this season pags. I like Cal and Illinois.

bmsOHST11
    bmsOHST11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags I like the SMU deal a lot i was just preaching that to one of my buddies...
    Vandy over Miami as well, I go to OSU and was thinking about driving down to Oxford to watch that, i will play Vandy heavy i know Miami is making some noise out of camp what do you think about that game?
    I dont have all the unit lingo and crap down but it'll come along

I just started my acct on here, i really like your stuff and stumbled across your logs last year and love you angles you take in your write ups and i referenced them last year. I will share my picks on here now but its good to have good cappers to help me out, and are rather generous in sharing their plays you are rare from what i hear. Last year I turned 40 dollars into enough to pay for my books, dorm, (parents took care of tuition) and enough to drink Hieni and goose all year instead of Natural light and Kettle one for frosh year. I look foward to this season and thank you for your insight it is appreciated.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

best of luck pags!

pags11

onthewhat,

yeah, I expect a great ballgame in that one...I'll be sure to elaborate more on Thursday...

soonerbs,

not often that we get a quality capper such as yourself to come over and check out the forum...much appreciated, and I am sure SBR feels the same...BOL to you this season...

morrow,

I'll be sure to let you know how I see this one on Thursday, but I respectfully disagree that all the odds are stacked in TCU's favor...are you aware of the issues TCU is having at RB? also at safety?...also remember New Mexico is no easy place to play, especially in conference...

dyounger,

you are right on the money as the D Line issues for Ole Miss will work to Memphis's benefit in that one...good luck to you...

maritime,

thank you for the recognition and respect...I truly appreciate it and am glad that you have made some money with my picks over the years...yeah, that injury is more significant to that game than people realize as Arizona relies a lot on him in the passing game...

zboiz,

just hoping for a good ol' fashion dogfight...GL bud...

dave,

good to see you again...glad you like those two plays...GL to you as well...

bms,

glad to have you aboard and thanks for the kind words...just remember that scared money never wins and you seem like a young capper with a lot of potential...I'm not very confident that Vandy will be very good this year, but I don't follow the MAC or the Sun Belt very closely (in fact won't be getting involved in a game involving a team from either conference this year as a lot of crazy stuff happens)...no real opinion on that one...

checkerboard,

thanks my friend...you are always supportive and I appreciate it...GL to you this season...

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Good to have you back Pag and always look forward to your writeups... BOL this season...

onthewhat

Looks like we got the Alabama play in at the right time, either that or we moved the line after you posted the play...lol

+4.5 now

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    Guys,

It's OK to come in here and give your opinion on his picks, but don't get into long drawn out disagreements because it's not your thread, say your piece and that's enough. You wouldn't want someone coming in your thread ripping you up and down for your selections, anyone that continues to heckle will have their posts moved and a warning issued.

Thanks
    Crazyl
    I don't care if we have to hire secret service agents off of detail, but at all cost, please protect Pags threads. Rough up any and all who try to give him a hard time. This guys puts in the work, and should never have to defend himself. If you don't agree with his analysis, DON'T POST IN IT!!!!!!! And move on. Pags, don't defend your work or posts, and leave the doubters hanging with no response. Let's do this. However, Clemson is now a play for me after seeing the depth charts and the line movement.

bearrroc
    bearrroc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags, I was reading in the "Clemson vs. Alabama thread" that unless Bama was catching 7.5 you were gonna be sitting on the sidelines for this one. What changed your mind and made Bama a play for you?

Thanks.

onthewhat

Quote Originally Posted by bearrroc View Post
    Pags, I was reading in the "Clemson vs. Alabama thread" that unless Bama was catching 7.5 you were gonna be sitting on the sidelines for this one. What changed your mind and made Bama a play for you?

Thanks.
    good question...but i don't think pags is taking bama at +5 just for action...

pags11

LV Herbie,

good to see you around...appreciate it very much...BOL to you as well this season...

onthewhat,

I was able to pick up some +5 (-108) at matchbook once I started to see the line move to 4.5...4.5 I still see is a good number after further researching the game...GL...

seaborn,

go away...this thread doesn't need your negativity...I will spend zero time dealing with you as I'm preparing my write-up...

bear,

as I continued to research this game, I feel I found some matchups that are favorable for Alabama in the game, and also I think it will be more of a lower scoring affair than I first anticipated...I will explain more in detail in my write-up...

onthewhat,

yep, gone are the days just betting for action...every play is part of my overall system...thanks for recognizing that...

First 123456 Last