WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Top - 25 Ranked Recruiting Classes

Signing day is next week and rankings could change as players change commitments. The following is a list of the top 25 teams rated by Rivals. There are several rating services but Rivals has always been the most consistent in my opinion.

TEAM...Commitments
    1. Alabama (21)
    2. Texas (22)
    3. Florida State (24)
    4. LSU (22)
    5. USC (26)
    6. Auburn (22)
    7. Georgia (23)
    8. Oregon (23)
    9. Notre Dame (23)
    10. Clemson (24)
    11. Ohio State (22)
    12. Oklahoma (16)
    13. California (19)
    14. North Carolina (22)
    15. Nebraska (17)
    16. Ole Miss (28)
    17. Texas Tech (24)
    18. Florida (16)
    19. Tennessee (23)
    20. Washington (27)
    21. South Carolina (300
    22. Stanford (19)
    23. Arkansas (28)
    24. Oklahoma State (26)
    25. TCU (25)

*A team can only sign 25 in one given year.
    *SEC has nine teams in the top 25.
    *Notice Florida at #18. Never with Urban in charge.
    *I'm impressed with Fisher at FSU...not a fan of his.
    *USC still dominates the Pac 10.
    *Auburn out recruited Alabama for the state's best players.
    *Playing for a national title has Oregon in the top 10.

Welcome your comments......................

dbDan
    dbDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

So Carol at 300? must be a typo. 30?

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Ohio State dominates the Big Ten in recruiting... It's no wonder they've won the conference for the past 6 years. No other Big Ten team is even in the top 25, except Nebraska who's just now joining the conference

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Usc jauggernaut working it way back up.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Only Ohio State (11) and newcomer Nebraska (17) make the top 25 from the Big 10. How pathetic is that Big 10 fans? Five Pac 12 teams make the top 25, but only USC from the South. Oregon, Cal, Washington and Stanford are all from the North. Again, I give these numbers little importance because many of these players will not see the field because of grades, arrests, or injuries. I think it is much more important to rate the coaching staffs than it is to rate the players who may eventually crack the starting lineup. The coaches must prepare these kids correctly. Just look at Michigan and all the top recuriting classes they had. That was a bust. Look at all of the great recruiting classes Notre Dame had under Charlie Weis. The result? Nada.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Great to see Cal up there pretty high.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

crazy to see Florida so low. if they have a god season this year i see them taking the top spot next year. the coaches there should be able to sell the kids on making them NFL ready if they come there.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Tennessee received a big commitment tonight from JUCO safety Byron Moore. Moore joins top 20 JUCOs Maurice Couch and Izauea Lanier on the defensive side of the ball. Should all be instant contributors in what was the weak point for the Vols last season. Signing day is still a day away but Dooley is putting together a very solid class already.

zogdog
    zogdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I saw on another board that CBS Sports recruiting has Illinois at #13 based on the fact that they have 30 commitments. Apparently only 25 can sign but the rest can greyshirt until more schollies are available.

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

In my opinion, it is hard to evaluate these classes. If you were to investigate the past classes, it is amazing how many recruits of a particular school are no longer on the team or never played a down in college football.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

USC always a top recruiter, What do you think is better for a player, being drafted for the SEC where is way more competitive than the pac 10, or would you prefer playing in a nother conference (PAC-10 ie) where you could show up yours skills easily than the SEC.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. A, really good players always come to the front...no matter what conference. Some it takes longer than others, but true talent is hard to hide. Usually consists of size, speed and heart and something God has given them...talent.

Thanks Bud.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

8. Oregon (23)

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!

FSU will be in the top spot after tomorrow. Jimbo has been raking in the talent the last 2 years, if they develop this talent it will be the 90's all over again.

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

I hope everyone likes their favorite team’s class.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dbDan View Post
    So Carol at 300? must be a typo. 30?
    Maybe they are using the Nick Saban Greyshirts and Bear Bryant Scholarships for legacies.

Seriously though I thought the SEC was limiting classes to 28 this year so maybe it's 23?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy3000 View Post
    crazy to see Florida so low. if they have a god season this year i see them taking the top spot next year. the coaches there should be able to sell the kids on making them NFL ready if they come there.
    Not that crazy when you hire a coach a month before NSD and your head recruiting coordinator (Stan Drayton) leaves for OSU a few days ago.

There was a lot of change the last month and Muschamp did a good job keeping the kids on board. The class is small at 16 (although I think it maybe 18) which will allow more for next year which will have better talent across the board.

Spurrier, Zook and Meyer all had similar classes their first year. UF had the number 1 class last year and this years class compliments last years fairly well.

I don't put much stock in recruiting numbers anyway. You have to coach the kids up. UF had the number 1 class last year and Miami had the number 1 class 2 years ago. It hasn't helped either team so far. TCU and Boise State seem to do well with their roster of 3* every year.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Not that crazy when you hire a coach a month before NSD and your head recruiting coordinator (Stan Drayton) leaves for OSU a few days ago.

There was a lot of change the last month and Muschamp did a good job keeping the kids on board. The class is small at 16 (although I think it maybe 18) which will allow more for next year which will have better talent across the board.

Spurrier, Zook and Meyer all had similar classes their first year. UF had the number 1 class last year and this years class compliments last years fairly well.

I don't put much stock in recruiting numbers anyway. You have to coach the kids up. UF had the number 1 class last year and Miami had the number 1 class 2 years ago. It hasn't helped either team so far. TCU and Boise State seem to do well with their roster of 3* every year.

They sure do Mac but they ain't grinding away in the SEC week in and week out once conference play begins. Don't get me wrong both teams are very good teams and can beat the SEC teams at a 1 game neutral site, but it would be foolish to think they could run the gauntlet week in and week out with there squads.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I'm just glad this chirade is over. Notre Dame has the #1 class according to some. Alabama has the #1 class according to some. Florida State has the #1 class according to some. It is all nothing but conjecture anyways. These kids have a long way to go before they ever set foot in a game, and some will never get there.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be called top 25 colleges that pay football players