jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

thought we had another tim tebow last night

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amazes me how people can turn such a good thing sour. The kid gave "God" credit and somehow that is a negative to people. Truly is a testament to the current Godlessness of today amongst the masses.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Amazes me how people can turn such a good thing sour. The kid gave "God" credit and somehow that is a negative to people. Truly is a testament to the current Godlessness of today amongst the masses.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why does Godlessness have to be a negative thing?

The point is the hypocrisy of it all. If Newton had fumbled again in the 4th quarter and Oregon won the game, there is absolutely no chance he would have been thanking God after the game. That, and I can promise you "God" doesn't give a shit about football.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    You poor blind and "educated" bat, I feel sorry for you.
    He who laughs last, laughs best.
    so you think your going to heaven where you can laugh and have an all-around blast? Goodluck, you'll need it.

OmgUrMom

correct, most people have learned to not be sheep. Unfortunately billions also haven't.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

if there is a god, he/she/it probably/does not care about what teams/players succeed in world of sports. although i thought cam's interview was a bit lame, he is entitled to speak about and give credit to his almighty god if he deems it necessary.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

You poor blind and "educated" bat, I feel sorry for you.
    He who laughs last, laughs best.
    Well I laugh at people who believe in god all the time and ill keep laughing. Would god send me to hell for not believing in him? Its not my fault he made me with a logical brain, hahaha hilarious!

Resler

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    religion is a necessary evil, without it people will lose hope on desperate times.
    Religion causes more desperate times in war than it helps with hope. Without religion the world would be a much better place.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I hope your joking! Where do you think you came from?? An ape...a dinosaur? Think about all the intricate things of the world, and tell me they weren't created by a power above us all?
    You're using the dumb religious logic my friend.

If you need to ask "where did the universe come from" then you also have to ask "Where did God come from?"

If you believe that God just exists than why can't the same be true for the universe?

Of course it's wrong. Who is this kid to think God gives a shite about some stupid football game. Self-righteous son of a bitch.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Newton will come and goes

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He will have about 5 kids with 5 different woman by age 27 or so FACT
    another classic quote JJ, I love it

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Cam Newton will be playing shortstop for the redsox when it's all said and done

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    so you think your going to heaven where you can laugh and have an all-around blast? Goodluck, you'll need it.
    Whether or not I go to heaven is God's decision but its up to me to accept God's conditions here on planet earth in order to be eligible for that coveted ticket. And let me tell you something pal: when your time comes to meet your Maker you will not be so cocky, you will literally shit in your pants.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geez. How did this turn into a religious discussion?! Everyones entitled to their viewpoints on religion and a "higher power". People who criticize and ridicule people for it are ignorant. To each his own!!!!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    Geez. How did this turn into a religious discussion?! Everyones entitled to their viewpoints on religion and a "higher power". People who criticize and ridicule people for it are ignorant. To each his own!!!!
    how did it "turn into" a religious discussion?
    umm maybe because the actual thread title was about god controlling cam newton

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Whether or not I go to heaven is God's decision but its up to me to accept God's conditions here on planet earth in order to be eligible for that coveted ticket. And let me tell you something pal: when your time comes to meet your Maker you will not be so cocky, you will literally shit in your pants.

How the hell do you know that? Have you met God and talked to God?

OmgUrMom

no thank you i will pass on that ticket. a place where you can have anything you want "if the rumors are true" would not be an enjoyable place at all. would become quite boring after a short period

i will just lol if i meet him, means i'm just as invincible as he is since i can return from the dead and still live

milwaukee mike

this assumes 2 things:
    1) that i have to wear pants in heaven
    2) that in heaven (which should be nothing but fun) i would shit in my pants (that to me wouldn't be fun)

if either of those is true i think i'll pass

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    Religion causes more desperate times in war than it helps with hope. Without religion the world would be a much better place.
    You saw the Quake on Haiti, without religion people will just lose the will to live.

But thinking there is something else, keeps you motivated.

Keeps you active.

milwaukee mike

acarmelo i respect that opinion but completely disagree
    why would you lose the will to live WITHOUT religion? if i thought there was a terrific afterlife i wouldn't be anywhere near as motivated about having a good time now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: OmgUrMom

OmgUrMom

You saw the Quake on Haiti, without religion people will just lose the will to live.

Keeps you active.

lol wut.

there are tons of atheists, and i bet they are at least as successful on average as religious folk

Resler

Keeps you active.
    What are you talking about, their beliefs are what caused the quake....if you believe the most popular religious quake out there. Religion is a joke and one day humanity will look back at it and think WTF were we thinking. I mean just 300 years ago we prosecuted and killed people we thought were witches, looking back that was a great idea huh. I can understand believing in God and religion if you have never actually thought about it, but if you actually sit down and think about everything and still believe...you belong in a mental institution. Just my opinion
    Haiti earthquake: Televangelist Pat Robertson links quake to 'pact with the devil'

January 14, 2010 | 7:24 am
    Reporting from Washington -- Conservative televangelist the Rev. Pat Robertson on Wednesday linked the earthquake in Haiti to a "pact with the devil" purportedly entered into by the Haitian people in the late 18th century in a bid to defeat French colonizers.
    "Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said on his Christian Broadcasting Network show. "They were under the heel of the French . . . and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Yes, it IS a negative! Ignorance to reality, and living according to ancient texts written before we understood the world around us, is as negative as can be! It's like a virus, and a self-sustaining one too since people are led to believe it's "wrong" to criticize religion.

And don't confuse godliness with GOODNESS. Yes, people should be good, and it is a wonderful thing when people are good. Cam Newton seems to be a good person as far as I can tell, but attributing morals and ethics and goodness to religion is where we make our mistake.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    What are you talking about, their beliefs are what caused the quake....if you believe the most popular religious quake out there. Religion is a joke and one day humanity will look back at it and think WTF were we thinking. I mean just 300 years ago we prosecuted and killed people we thought were witches, looking back that was a great idea huh. I can understand believing in God and religion if you have never actually thought about it, but if you actually sit down and think about everything and still believe...you belong in a mental institution. Just my opinion
    Haiti earthquake: Televangelist Pat Robertson links quake to 'pact with the devil'

January 14, 2010 | 7:24 am
    Reporting from Washington -- Conservative televangelist the Rev. Pat Robertson on Wednesday linked the earthquake in Haiti to a "pact with the devil" purportedly entered into by the Haitian people in the late 18th century in a bid to defeat French colonizers.
    "Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said on his Christian Broadcasting Network show. "They were under the heel of the French . . . and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'
    Rev Pat Robertson is crazy.

I never heard the Pope saying something like that.

You see guys, I am christian, but I never go to church.

I only go to church for 3 reason.

Life, Union and Death.

Baptims, marriege and funerals.

With the funerals is where I saw, why it was needed.

It gave mental peace to the family of the dead person.

Forget about wars, rules regarding what you can and cant eat and stuff like that, cause that is just stupid.

But it do helps, it helps to pass bad moments.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Yes, it IS a negative! Ignorance to reality, and living according to ancient texts written before we understood the world around us, is as negative as can be! It's like a virus, and a self-sustaining one too since people are led to believe it's "wrong" to criticize religion.

And don't confuse godliness with GOODNESS. Yes, people should be good, and it is a wonderful thing when people are good. Cam Newton seems to be a good person as far as I can tell, but attributing morals and ethics and goodness to religion is where we make our mistake.
    So Cam Newton is wrong for praising God for his accomplishments? If not for the creator our world would cease to exist. These "ancient texts" you refer too are messages to humanity from the almighty(well the real ones and not those fabricated or altered) It seems that you have a disbelief in God. What's your theory on life, our existance, planets, moons, stars etc.? As a believer I understand that there is only the creator and everything else is creation. The creator has power over all things. A decent God abiding person should do as Cam Newton did and instead of accepting praise he rather refers all his to his God and not "attributing morals and ethics and goodness to religion" as you put it. I don't understand how people consider humanity to somehow of outgrown religion. Too me that is utter nonsense. We make the biggest mistake when we start to deny our creator. God does everything without the help of the creation, and the creation can do nothing without the help of God. the creation of God.Must keep in rememberance of God. Man who is the best of creation should have a constant awareness of God. The one who keeps rememberance of God and is faithful is like a living person and the one who does not have faith in God is like a dead person. May the almighty God guide us all and be forgiving and merciful.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Mikail, I don't even know where to start with what you wrote. I'd continue in great depth, but I'm not home, I'm typing into my phone!

I assume you were raised by very religious parents (or parent), correct? That is where this indoctrination (or brainwashing, really) begins. When you are told repeatedly as a child that X is the way of the world, it's hard to see Y. But my friend, everything you wrote there is highly irrational. The burden of proof about god is on you, not me. What do I believe about the planets, existence, etc ? I don't have to "believe" anything, I choose knowledge. And knowledge doesn't come from revelation, it comes from observation, it comes from study. We study the universe and we learn how things came to be. We don't take the easy way out and say that we and everything here was "created" by one magical "creator". It's a ridiculous argument for about a thousand reasons. It cannot possibly work. The universe itself does contain wonders, yes, wonders far more interesting than what you can imagine with your narrow point of view.

Will contribute more later from home!

I'd love to recommend some reading for you, but most "believers" would choose not to read it anyway.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

that really pissed me off when i heard him on post game bring god into it. i am probably the least religious person on SBR but i would have to imagine if there is a GOD he is a little busy with other stuff and doesnt even know who cam newton is.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

LOL I'm tired of hearing about how god affects all these players, cmon man

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Mikail, I don't even know where to start with what you wrote. I'd continue in great depth, but I'm not home, I'm typing into my phone!

I assume you were raised by very religious parents (or parent), correct? That is where this indoctrination (or brainwashing, really) begins. When you are told repeatedly as a child that X is the way of the world, it's hard to see Y. But my friend, everything you wrote there is highly irrational. The burden of proof about god is on you, not me. What do I believe about the planets, existence, etc ? I don't have to "believe" anything, I choose knowledge. And knowledge doesn't come from revelation, it comes from observation, it comes from study. We study the universe and we learn how things came to be. We don't take the easy way out and say that we and everything here was "created" by one magical "creator". It's a ridiculous argument for about a thousand reasons. It cannot possibly work. The universe itself does contain wonders, yes, wonders far more interesting than what you can imagine with your narrow point of view.

Will contribute more later from home!

I'd love to recommend some reading for you, but most "believers" would choose not to read it anyway.
    Well it's a pointless debate obviously. Why is the burden of proof on me? You made a statement of disbelief just as I state to believe. Prove to me that we exist from nothing. It isn't no difference to me what you believe. My only responsibility regarding this is to explain the truth as I know it. Whether or not you wan't to accept the truth or deny it is up to you. That is what God gave us all. Free will. So you disbelieve in God. I will continue to believe. Eventually we will all be called to account. Go ahead and choose your knowledge. Although you are limiting yourself to your own limited experience on life and anything beyond. Do you really think you have absolute knowledge? I know I don't, but I a certain that the one responsible for everything in existance does. Eternal knowledge. All praise is due to the one and only most high! How arrogant of any man who chooses to think he is equal or above what made him. Even worse when they deny. So you wait. I will also wait. You cannot deny the existence of God forever. May the most high send you guidance.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Resler

The burden of proof is on you because you believe in the invisible man. Take Santa Claus for example, you can't say he's real because I can't prove that he's not, that's weak. People grow up believing what their family teaches them until they are old or wise enough to draw their own conclusions. I realized in 5th grade science class that God existence is impossible, I remember my mom was pissed when i told her I didn't believe in God at that age. You forget the idea of one God "monotheism" is relatively new, before monotheism people believed in many Gods, for the Sun, Rain, War, Crops, ect. People used God's to explain the things they couldn't understand, but as science advanced we began to understand why these things happened. It may take a couple hundred more years, but the idea of God will be something our Great Great Great Great Great Great Grand kids read about. I could go on and on about the fallacies or religion and God, but you can't convince someone with "faith" because no amount of reason can change their minds. I'm done peace out!

Well it's a pointless debate obviously. Why is the burden of proof on me? You made a statement of disbelief just as I state to believe. Prove to me that we exist from nothing. It isn't no difference to me what you believe. My only responsibility regarding this is to explain the truth as I know it. Whether or not you wan't to accept the truth or deny it is up to you. That is what God gave us all. Free will. So you disbelieve in God. I will continue to believe. Eventually we will all be called to account. Go ahead and choose your knowledge. Although you are limiting yourself to your own limited experience on life and anything beyond. Do you really think you have absolute knowledge? I know I don't, but I a certain that the one responsible for everything in existance does. Eternal knowledge. All praise is due to the one and only most high! How arrogant of any man who chooses to think he is equal or above what made him. Even worse when they deny. So you wait. I will also wait. You cannot deny the existence of God forever. May the most high send you guidance.

Bulls55
    Bulls55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Cam Newton is another Jamarcus Russell, won't add to sh!t in the NFL..IMO............

ukbro00
    ukbro00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    great point capy

just once i'd like to see a member of the losing team say "we would've won, but god made me throw those interceptions because he's a prick"
    Bills WR Stevie Johnson did exactly that after he dropped a TD pass this season. He tweeted:

"I praise you 24/7!!! And this how you do me!!! You expect me to learn from this???How??? I'll never forget this!! Ever!! Thx Tho."

eonizuka
    eonizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    great point capy just once i'd like to see a member of the losing team say "we would've won, but god made me throw those interceptions because he's a prick"

Yeah Stevie Johnson got tons of flak for that and rightly so.
    Last edited by eonizuka; 01-11-11 at 08:36 PM. Reason: post above said what I was writing

First 123 Last