Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Auburn Try to Slow Pace Down?

Especially if their D is winded? What do you think? I don't think there is much advantage for them to try to keep the game going at a frenetic pace. Am I wrong?

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

oregon is going to be the the ones winded. Auburn is going to be scoring TD after TD and oregon is going to try gadget plays that will gain 2 or 3 yards at most. I also predict oregon will try a fake punt or two out of desperation, but I doubt they will work. this ones going to be ugly folks.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Oregon should have no problem with Auburn. Auburn will not be able to keep up with Oregon kids.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

It's a good opening point, Auburn would be playing into Oregon's hands by playing 'fair', i.e. no delaying tactics.
    Covers was making this point about the Cal game where they only won 15-13 because of faking injuries etc.
    It's been hinted for this game so we'll see but it is a worry for anyone betting the over. The last thing you need is a 6 minute drive in this game.
    At 73/74, we need 18/19 points a quarter so no room for error on those TDs. Both teams need to come out hot

GoggsViggs
    shinpu tokubetsu kogeki tai
    GoggsViggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Good points smog

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

auburn wont change there style of play for anyone this will be upand down and who plays best deffense inside redzone!!!!! a good old fashion shoot out

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think auburn will play their regular pace so they won't get out of rythm. game could be slower, tho, cause of the long layoff.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

Slowing down tactics are something you would use if you believed you were up against a better opponent. Auburn doesn't feel that way. They will just play their game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The offense controls the pace of the game. Auburn's defense will have little say in the pace.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess I should have said Auburn's Offense. Seems like they would be helping their D out if they just took their time a little. Put it this way if Farley and the boys are looking rather winded Auburn will most likely have to attempt to slow things down a bit. Not saying anything cheap. Auburn does not need the track meet style as much as Oregon.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

this should be an amazing game...very exciting!

Cougar24
    Cougar24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone seems to forgetting the media slowing down Oregon - By that I mean TV timeouts. This game is huge. And the network wants to get paid, so think about how many TV break they are going to take tonight. Plus, Chizik will be asking the officials to give Auburn time to sub on D when Oregon subs on O.

Tada
    Tada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

Only way I see Auburn slowing down is on the second half, and that's if they are still within 2 score difference with Ducks. Many teams tried to slow down against Ducks and they all end up losing... Same goes for Auburn if that happens. 1st half should be offensive fest, with both teams playing to their strength, which is offense. I think eventually special teams and turnover points will determine if over hits or not, and I like those chances against these teams... Over/Ducks are the right play. Quack attack baby!!!
    Also, Phil Knight and Nike will make sure Ducks win!!!
    Last edited by Tada; 01-10-11 at 01:25 PM.