jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Arkansas was much better, they played bad and still should of won

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

its a losing pick- theres a difference. if not for having been a winner- the team that plays in bowls every year and that has the hire ranking and number 2 defense in the country thats been on the news lately with the coach's name most regular joes know at only 3ish points would have been the square pick.

ark lost because of a buncha dropped passes, an unnecessarily fell-upon blocked punt and a late interception.

BigMama
    BigMama's Avatar Become A Pro!

great day for all

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Its true, squares backing a dog never ends well in the long run.

OSU was always the play. win or lose.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Arkansas was much better, they played bad and still should of won
    As I was watching the game I kept thinking abt Shoeless Joe and the boys. That was one strange gift from one team to another.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by knicks573 View Post
    Great Game Arkansas shit the bed tonight. I dont care what anyone says Ohio St still sucks
    I don't know but from where I was sitting I saw an Arkansaw defense that had no real answer to a running quarterback, and limited offensive skills based on a passing game only.

If you want to be considered an upper echelon team you need to be more then a 1 trick pony

Arkansas .... and the rest of the SEC are getting what they deserve

In the imortal words of Bill Parcells "you are what your record says you are"...and in these bowl games, this year the SEC is 3-4, no better then average

And talk about scooped fumbles and dropped passes all you want, all teams have their share of mistakes, Arkansas is no different.... similar to Penn State's 5 interceptions allowing Florida to win a game they shouldnt have

Arkansas had opportunities to win last night and they came up short, the better team won

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

First birds fall dead out of the air, drum fish are floating dead in the streams and now Ohio State has beat an SEC team in a bowl game. This really seems like the world may be coming to an end and we have the state of Arkansas to thank.

Flaghunter
    Flaghunter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas had the game..!! TOO MANY mistakes..dropped passes..penalites...There is now way they should have thrown the ball when they in the red zone, at the end of the game last night. 1st play...int...BONEHEAD...Kniles is in the back feild..let him run it twice maybe score before throwing it. Just don't understand the play call there last night.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Flaghunter View Post
    Arkansas had the game..!! TOO MANY mistakes..dropped passes..penalites...There is now way they should have thrown the ball when they in the red zone, at the end of the game last night. 1st play...int...BONEHEAD...Kniles is in the back feild..let him run it twice maybe score before throwing it. Just don't understand the play call there last night.
    agree the coaches failed big time for arkansas in that final attempt where are the gimmick plays?? SEC teams have done well with this vs the buckeyes it was a tough, tough loss i dont think ive felt so many highs and lows in a game in a while

mdemps9190
    mdemps9190's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7237

Threads like this are flat out retarded..."Square play"...It was the right play. As many people have said OSU played close to their best game while Arkansas dropped passes, threw INTs, and made tons of retarded mistakes and STILL almost won (had the player just picked up the blocked punt). Its straight up bullshit when people make these "that was a square play" thread AFTER THE GAME. Nut up and say something before, but even if you did, OSU backers were extremely lucky. Nice TD off of a missed fumble recovery by Arkansas. You're not smart for taking OSU. Take a hike dumbass.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

1. A pick isn't square or sharp depending on whether it wins or loses. What matters is whether you took a risk in deciding the game would turn out differently from what the mainstream narrative says. People have a natural tendency to bet on favorites and the over, but to be consistently profitable you need to find value in other places. I became much better at this when I learned not to be afraid to take the points or the under, especially on the NFL.

2. Ohio State backers don't get to complain about the officiating or who didn't play: THE CEO OF THE SUGAR BOWL HIMSELF LOBBIED THE NCAA TO BREAK ITS OWN RULES TO LET 5 OF YOUR BEST PLAYERS PLAY. Even then they *STILL* had to straight up *ignore* yet *another* violation by Pryor to let him play.

3. Ohio State's winless streak vs the SEC in Bowl games should have definitely been a factor in how people bet. It speaks to the structural limitations of being a Big Ten team playing in the south vs. an SEC team after a long layoff. Perhaps OSU needs to schedule a season opener @ an SEC school rather than its usual "Tour of Ohio" cupcake menu. But in the end, even though OSU has monopolized all the defensive talent in the Midwest since the implosion of the Michigan program, it still doesn't compare to the SEC recruiting grounds, especially considering Arkansas has ties to Texas being a former SWC school.

4. Arkansas got back into the game not because of bad officiating or anything like that. They staged a comeback because the 2nd half saw the return of "Jamarcus Pryor". He literally completed only 1 pass in the second half. *ONE.* Every first down conversion was a Pryor scramble around the outside on a broken play. It kept the chains moving, but not enough times in a row for OSU to score more than 3 second half points. The moral of the story is that Pryor cannot beat you with his arm, just like he couldn't against Purdue last season. I know it, you all know it, and now every NFL scout in attendance knows it. Pryor pretty much has no choice but to eat that 5 game suspension rather than skip out on Tressel after saying he'd come back, but who knows whether he'll even be the starter again after 5 games of a new QB? Fans tend to get weary of 4 season starters, especially when they underperform like Pryor.

5. This is the most important point of all: did I lose money on Arkansas +3.5? Sure I did, but I wasn't going to bet on Ohio State based on everything I saw going into this game. But the important thing is I more than made up for it in College Basketball the bestest sport in the world to bet on!

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

no one considers the fact that it was Ark. that had to play their asses off to make it a close game in the second. It was 28-10 at halftime. How can anyone say that was luck or Ark. was the right play because they made it a game at the end. OSU didn't play anywhere close to their best game. They made mistake after mistake in the second half, got the ball taken away from them from a BS safety call,and still won the game. Where were all the " Ark. was the play " SEC people when OSU was gashing Arks D for chunks of yardage in the first half? If they had played their "perfect" SEC defense in the first half there would be no problems right? I mean, its the SEC.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

eh i was on ark also but at least they showed some balls and did not get wiped out like it was looking like a first.

fjblair
    fjblair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    The Majority and all of the public was on Stanford last night also and they blew out Virginia tech kids.

All that "square public" voodoo is such a load. Just do your work and make your bet.
    Last edited by fjblair; 01-05-11 at 12:22 PM.

ND25
    ND25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously obama didnt watch the game. Arkansas was the better team. They just didn't catch passes last night

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Can't really call it a square play Arkansas definately had this game. Just gave it away at the end to Ohio St. Doubt many people that bet on Ohio State felt good about this game at the end. Great finish though congrats to Ohio St backers.
    How can a team that's losing "give away" a game? You mean OSU almost gave away the game that they were winning by 18 pts at the half. Yeah it was a nail biter at the end. That a backdoor was coming.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by mdemps9190 View Post
    Threads like this are flat out retarded..."Square play"...It was the right play. As many people have said OSU played close to their best game while Arkansas dropped passes, threw INTs, and made tons of retarded mistakes and STILL almost won (had the player just picked up the blocked punt). Its straight up bullshit when people make these "that was a square play" thread AFTER THE GAME. Nut up and say something before, but even if you did, OSU backers were extremely lucky. Nice TD off of a missed fumble recovery by Arkansas. You're not smart for taking OSU. Take a hike dumbass.
    Felt pretty smart about it at the half and pretty much most of the game. I doubt you woudl have felt so smart if you were on Arkansas for most of the game.
    Keep in mind that OSU was getting some poor calls by the refs. Plus, they were blowing some easy tackles and coverage situations, so not really "the best game." When it comes to betting you can't be sure whether a team plays their best or somewhere else. That's something that comes down to consistency and OSU beats Ark in that category all day.

5ammy
    5ammy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas played terrible and it was still close, I don't think they were a bad play. I played the over at 57 and ended up pushing ^_^

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

if coulda woulda should DIDNT---ark this ark that---look at OSU's playcalling in the 2nd half...obv geared to hold a lead---if it was a shootout--playcalling is dif--we know this people

COULD WOULD SHOULDA DIDNT!!!!!!!

Arkansas drained bank accounts last night--OSU is obv a better all around program- I mean come on

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

MDEPMS---HAHAHA obv it wasnt the right play---------the right play pays $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....way better play blah blah...mallett threw a highschool ppick--he looked like an idiot-----pryor does that--haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches-----they fell short---their D got shook early----end of story

BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look this entire thread is ridiculous! Ohio State was dominant in the first half and held the momentum, and in the second half Arkansas was dominant and controlled the entire momentum, had opportunities to complete their comeback win. It is ridiculous to say that Arkansas is a superior team than Ohio State, and that Ohio State sucks, that is just ignorant. People have failed to mention the impact of 2 major injuries to the secondary of Ohio State. It was not untill these injuries occurred and OSU was forced to play true freshmen backups at both corner and safety that Arkansas was able to pull back. The Ohio State d-line dominated the entire game, and not a single person who watched this game can deny that Ohio State is a solid team, not as good this year as Auburn, not as good as Alabama, not as good as Florida in 07 or LSU in 08 but from pure talent on the field a better team than Arkansas.. No doubt the SEC from top to bottom in the last 8 years has been the superior conference in the country, Ohio State was outclassed by Florida, and no doubt Ohio State did not deserve to play for a national title in 2007-08 when they got throttled by LSU. Since those defeats; however, they handed away a lead in the Fiesta bowl to Texas in the last 30 seconds in 08-09, crushed Oregon in last years Rose Bowl, and beat Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl. People love to hate Ohio State, like they love to hate the Yankees because they are always a solid team, and year in and year out get a ton of national coverage. SEC fans congrats!! you have an amazing conference and no sane Big Ten fan believes that Big Ten football is even remotely on the same level as the football played in your conference the last 8 years, but give credit where it is due and at least acknowledge that Ohio State and Wisconsin are solid teams and leave it at that. Best of luck in the National Championship to Auburn, hope the lowly pac-10 doesn't pull off an upset so we don't have to hear all of the excuses for why another conference can actually play to the level of your best team! may all other conferences bow down on the red carpet that is the SEC!!!!
    Points Awarded:

Imterrible gave BigTenBets10 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Sounds like a lot of sore losers who were on Arkansas haven't gotten over their loss. The fact of the matter is the refs gave Arkansas all the calls in the 2nd half. The safety call was total bullshit, his forward momentum was stopped and the ref should have blown the whistle before Herron disengaged and was retackled.

I've NEVER seen a safety call like that and have seen the same thing happen all the time. However, it's never called a safety because the refs properly call the play dead when a player's forward momentum is stopped.

btd
    btd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6828

Arkansas certainly had more than their share of chances to win in 4th Qtr, that happens sometime. I had Ark +3.5 for 3 units, and ML for I. 1 unit for me = 1 dollar American, so I didn't lose any sleep over 4$.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    I don't know but from where I was sitting I saw an Arkansaw defense that had no real answer to a running quarterback, and limited offensive skills based on a passing game only.

If you want to be considered an upper echelon team you need to be more then a 1 trick pony

Arkansas .... and the rest of the SEC are getting what they deserve

In the imortal words of Bill Parcells "you are what your record says you are"...and in these bowl games, this year the SEC is 3-4, no better then average

And talk about scooped fumbles and dropped passes all you want, all teams have their share of mistakes, Arkansas is no different.... similar to Penn State's 5 interceptions allowing Florida to win a game they shouldnt have

Arkansas had opportunities to win last night and they came up short, the better team won

Yes, this.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw Ohio St dominate an inferior team and lead by 18 pts at almost the end of the 3rd qtr only to get conservative and allow a comeback.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by wookieehumper View Post
    Sounds like a lot of sore losers who were on Arkansas haven't gotten over their loss. The fact of the matter is the refs gave Arkansas all the calls in the 2nd half. The safety call was total bullshit, his forward momentum was stopped and the ref should have blown the whistle before Herron disengaged and was retackled.

I've NEVER seen a safety call like that and have seen the same thing happen all the time. However, it's never called a safety because the refs properly call the play dead when a player's forward momentum is stopped.
    Once again. Ohio State backers do *NOT* get to complain about the officiating after the Sugar Bowl CEO lobbyed the NCAA to break its own rules and allow 5 ineligible players compete in a game they had no business being in. Its still possible Ohio State might be forced to vacate this win if the new allegations regarding cars for memorabilia come to light.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

well was a good game

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    no such things as square and sharp bets...just winners and losers
    the fastest way to becoming broke is betting rught in the middle of the lines being offered. you cannot keep thinking that there is no such thing as sharp and your bankroll will be gone overtime.

First 123