StillClueless
    StillClueless's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Any chance Trussel will sit future suspended players???

Any insights on whether Tressel will pull the trigger and sit those players that are going to be suspended next year? I keep hearing these TV guys saying that they should be suspended for the bowl game as well. Tressel seems like a square guy and that might not be out of the realm for him.
    Last edited by StillClueless; 01-04-11 at 03:13 PM.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I think he would have made that choice (or been forced to do so) by now. The NCAA and network TV would be furious if that decision was made a couple hours before gametime.

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by StillClueless View Post
    Any insights on whether Tressel will pull the trigger and sit those players that are going to be suspended next year? I keep hearing these TV guys saying that they should be suspended for the bowl game as well. Tressel seems like a square guy and that might not be out of the realm for him.

I was just about to post this. I wonder if he's just not saying anything and plans to not let them play. Is that possible?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

what are the odds he will get pryor to broker out or ebay his sweater vest?

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Just tv media hype no way it will happen

Plus1
    Plus1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1385

Yes, IMO, it is very possible....maybe first quarter, maybe half....maybe the game.

Sitting these guys, especially Pryor, will give Vest a built in excuse as to why they lost (assuming they did). He is under tremendous pressure from alums to sit them. He also knows that Pryor is lying about coming back next year (TP admitted as much in presser). Vest will look foolish if he plays TP and then TP declares for NFL shortly after the game.

Also, the impending NCAA investigation surrounding the car deals with the players is looming. With the backlash the NCAA took from the media regarding the current "suspensions", they will not look the other way when these infractions are thoroughly investigated and brought to light. The Vest sitting these guys 'might' help to ease OSU's pain in the seasons to come.

Just my opinion, but wouldn't shock me if Tressel announces at gametime that players will sit. This way Arkansas will have had no time to prepare for back-up, and there will be no 'outside' pressure from OSU president, AD, Bowl Director, etc. This will be the only way Tressel can save face.....

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

They're definitely playing.