rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

OHIO STATE IS 0-9 vs SEC IN BOWL GAMES.

So will they honestly get it done tonight? Big Game. Lots to overcome.
    I dont think that I can back Ohio State as favorites in this spot.
    Gonna be one helluva game, and Mallet is one dumb wigger, but gotta be on the 'dog here. i think.

Thoughts?

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know how far back that 0-9 in Bowl games against the SEC goes. Do know they shut down a high-powered (soon to be national champs this year) Ducks' team in last year's Rose Bowl. Also know that last year in the post season, Ark squeaked by E. Caro., and other than that has only won 2 other Bowl games out of their last 16. If you ride Petrino and his 3 years with Ark, over Tressel and his impeccable 10 years with State, I would have to say you'll lose.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Last year means absolutely nothing. It is all about this year, and with Pryor being in all kinds of trouble at Ohio State for his latest NCAA voilation (the loaner car fiasco) one has to wonder just where his questionable head will be in this game. There is no way I take Ohio State and give points.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Those who take Buckeyes are in for disappointment again.

4seasons

Ironically, in last year's Bowl game against a high-powered high-scoring Ducks team, OH ST only gives up 17 points and goes on to win roses is meaningless, while posting all over that they're 0-9 in Bowl games against the SEC dating back to how many decades ago is somehow meaningful.

As far as a star player facing NCAA allegations, the kid's play on the field can only be pumped up and extremely focused. The better he plays, the better his defense. Star players are in the game, and their off-the-field woes remain there. One way to block out and forget about the distraction, is to just play ball.

fishtot
    fishtot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4082

damn skippy

smarsh816
    smarsh816's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

idk this is just to close for me if ohio state plays like a number one team then them if not then arkansas

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

ohio state will be 1-10 tonite in sec bowl games mark my words!!!

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to go with Ohio St tonight for the win and cover ...

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I have been keeping up on this stat since S. Carolina beat them (the first time) and it dates back to Auburn 1989.. They did not play any SEC teams prior to that and IF Ark. beats them tonight then 8 out of the 12 SEC teams have beaten them in bowls since 1989...

I was waiting for someone to post the 0-9 stat and with all the neg. media attention I am going with O.S.U. here and I am a bucks hater and love the SEC but O.S.U. wins and covers tonight...

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

this really is a very interesting stat

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Don't know how far back that 0-9 in Bowl games against the SEC goes. Do know they shut down a high-powered (soon to be national champs this year) Ducks' team in last year's Rose Bowl. Also know that last year in the post season, Ark squeaked by E. Caro., and other than that has only won 2 other Bowl games out of their last 16. If you ride Petrino and his 3 years with Ark, over Tressel and his impeccable 10 years with State, I would have to say you'll lose.
    this is how amateurs think when looking at the game. do u even know anything about petrino? this guy is an offensive mastermind, he led a louisville team that had one of the best offensive units in college history and now has turned arkansas into a juggernaut. mallet will get his revenge on the buckeyes after having played for the declining michigan program few yrs back as a freshman. tressel is one of the most conservative game planners around, a big reason why ohio st havent been able to compete with SEC teams.

rthoughton

The problem gambling on sports is personal bias. Clearly, some of the people chiming in on this thread hold Ohio State dear, which is fine.
    There is a reason why you never bet on your own team, nor offer advice on the subject of gambling involving them (although i am wicked guilty of that)..2 reasons really. 1. You never root against your own team. 2. you're biased.
    Ohio State is 0-9 vs SEC teams because they are built to beat BIG10 teams and SEC schools match up well with the Buckeyes. Also, for some reason & Im not sure why, THEE Ohio State Fuckeyes are the media favorite year in and year out. They had no business playing some of that 1or2 loss SEC team talent, but were preseason top 10 and ran the table in a mediocre Big10.
    PLAYOFFS anyone?? haha!

You cannot back Ohio State with your money in this spot. You can justify backing the 'dog. Im not saying Ohio State will definitely lose. I just cant back them. Because of one gigantic stat. We talked about it.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post

Thoughts?

0 for 10 after tonight's game?

Tada
    Tada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

I am going with Under. I think both teams' D is being overlooked. Plus both teams will try to establish run game and that would eat up some clock.

zebra58
    zebra58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

tough game, sec tougher this year leaning to ark

Mr. Yo
    Mr. Yo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm praying Ohio St. get's smashed.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

i think ohio state is going to cream them

rthoughton

haha.
    I think I might go 7 point teaser, ARK +10 and u63.5
    I really like that.
    I am thinking about going small on ARK ml.

I agree that this will be a defensive-ish ball game. Id like to move it 7 and then play it.

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Ironically, in last year's Bowl game against a high-powered high-scoring Ducks team, OH ST only gives up 17 points and goes on to win roses is meaningless, while posting all over that they're 0-9 in Bowl games against the SEC dating back to how many decades ago is somehow meaningful.

As far as a star player facing NCAA allegations, the kid's play on the field can only be pumped up and extremely focused. The better he plays, the better his defense. Star players are in the game, and their off-the-field woes remain there. One way to block out and forget about the distraction, is to just play ball.
    well spoken and ARK WINS

BrandonBeatsOdds
    BrandonBeatsOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Parlay (2 Teams)01/04/11 19:34 ETbet 61.74 to win 160.52 Result: Pending1Arkansas
    1OhioSt 01/04/11(20:40 ET)
    1OhioSt -1.5 1Arkansas
    1OhioSt 01/04/11(20:40 ET)
    Over 29

4seasons

My personal bias is to Boston teams, so was 'capping completely neutral on this one.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I have been keeping up on this stat since S. Carolina beat them (the first time) and it dates back to Auburn 1989.. They did not play any SEC teams prior to that and IF Ark. beats them tonight then 8 out of the 12 SEC teams have beaten them in bowls since 1989...

I was waiting for someone to post the 0-9 stat and with all the neg. media attention I am going with O.S.U. here and I am a bucks hater and love the SEC but O.S.U. wins and covers tonight...

Thanks Shams and way to call it
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-06-11 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Reply was for a different quote

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    this is how amateurs think when looking at the game. do u even know anything about petrino? this guy is an offensive mastermind, he led a louisville team that had one of the best offensive units in college history and now has turned arkansas into a juggernaut. mallet will get his revenge on the buckeyes after having played for the declining michigan program few yrs back as a freshman. tressel is one of the most conservative game planners around, a big reason why ohio st havent been able to compete with SEC teams.
    With all the info I posted on Petrino, I obviously knew something. Our knowledge of the guy may be vastly different (I don't live with the guy), as well as for Tressel, as well as on everything else. Forgive me if I don't understand your definition of "amatuer" but I welcome other's points of views, and careful what you call someone, as if I'm an amatuer now then what are you? If you're like 70, and have like 55 years experience (I only got about 30), and so if everyone with less than 50 years is an amatuer, then I understand.

Tressel is class, and Petrino didn't show me anything that game, except the nice plays where his receivers couldn't catch the pigskin. You can't typically fault the coach on those plays, and Ark should've been up 7-0 on the first series, and then it's a whole different game. But still, there was nothing innovative in the play calling, and suspect at times. Also thought Ark unleashed some cheap shots, which may have helped cause injuries.

Tressel is the Shula of college football. Putting players in positions to win games, limiting mistakes, and executing the game plan. Simple X's & O's which a lot of times isn't pretty, or flashy, or with lots of razzle dazzle, but it works! He's like a Coach Tom Landry, who succeeds and does so in a graceful, brilliant way.

Let's try not to forget, that when you turn 22 college kids loose on a football field, how many years a coach has been with the school, and what a school has done in previous years against the SEC, etc., is only historical data. What 22 boys do for 60 minutes on the playing field in a brand new game, best of luck figuring that out.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-06-11 at 01:13 AM.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    The problem gambling on sports is personal bias. Clearly, some of the people chiming in on this thread hold Ohio State dear, which is fine.
    There is a reason why you never bet on your own team, nor offer advice on the subject of gambling involving them (although i am wicked guilty of that)..2 reasons really. 1. You never root against your own team. 2. you're biased.
    Ohio State is 0-9 vs SEC teams because they are built to beat BIG10 teams and SEC schools match up well with the Buckeyes. Also, for some reason & Im not sure why, THEE Ohio State Fuckeyes are the media favorite year in and year out. They had no business playing some of that 1or2 loss SEC team talent, but were preseason top 10 and ran the table in a mediocre Big10.
    PLAYOFFS anyone?? haha!

You cannot back Ohio State with your money in this spot. You can justify backing the 'dog. Im not saying Ohio State will definitely lose. I just cant back them. Because of one gigantic stat. We talked about it.
    My personal bias is to Boston teams, so my 'capping was completely neutral on this one.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Thanks Shams and way to call it
    You're welcome and I hope you capitalized on it
    With all the info I posted on Petrino, I obviously knew something.
    Your info. told you there would be so many dropped balls, a missed opportunity to run in a blocked punt for the potential winning score, and a recovered fumble for a TD by O.S.U. on Pryor's fumble?

He called the right plays and at times they didn't execute... The DB's played HORRIBLE in the first half as they couldn't cover a bed and when there was coverage they couldn't make a break on the ball...

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

GO BUCKEYES.....