Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

MUST READ!!Orange bowl line info

Submitted by nick on Mon, 2011-01-03 00:00
    DIRECT FROM NEVADA
    With Oddsmaker Nick Bogdanovich

WHAT SHARPS ARE THINKING ABOUT
    THIS WEEK'S BOWL SCHEDULE

The college football bowl schedule slows down quite a bit since we're past New Year's. There are still some great games to get excited about. But, we're talking about one game per night rather than four or six per day!

The sharps (professional wagerers) have pretty well established what they think about this week's games. I'm going to cover everything from Monday night through Sunday Night in this article. My next college football report will be just in time for the Auburn-Oregon game in the BCS Championship game scheduled for Monday Night January 13th. You NFL fans, note that my rundown of what the sharps are thinking about Wildcard Weekend will run Friday morning

There are some marquee matchups in the colleges this week. Let's see what the sharps think.

ORANGE BOWL
    Virginia Tech vs. Stanford: Oddsmakers opened this game at pick-em, and sharps POUNDED the line up to Stanford by a field goal very quickly. Some of that was support for the Pac 10, which is the local major conference for sharps out here in Nevada. Sharps really are impressed with this Stanford team. No doubt about that. Virginia Tech also has some injury issues. And, recent reports say they'll be shorthanded at running back because of a first quarter suspension. THAT news has moved the line to Stanford by 3.5 in some places. We may see some sharps come in on the dog close to kickoff. There's no reason for Virginia Tech money to hit the board until the number stops rising.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

lucky1g stanford lock right dude right andrew luck unstoppable no way they dont cover sharps all over them

Lucky1g

What im taking from this tho is that sharps pounded the OPENING line which was a PICKEM....as a result books moved the line with all that sharp early money coming in....The value in stanford -3.5 is way differant than what the professional wagers got it at...I think if u like stanford take the ML if u like VTECH buy the half up to 4....Also look for the sharps that origanlly bet stanford at a pick to move in on VTECH once the public is done driving the line up and buy back with Vtech in hopes of hitting the middle...clearly oddsmakers have much respect for VTECH to put out an opening line of PK...be careful of the QB darling and the "easy winner" w stanford tonite...should be a good game

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Where did this game open at a PK?? It was -3 everywhere I am looking. Thanks.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Where did this game open at a PK?? It was -3 everywhere I am looking. Thanks.
    Common misconception, lyon.

Actually, Covers.com has the opening number at -1. But either way, it did not open at -3 like most assume.

Early $$$ was definitely on Stanford.

shroomysoup
    shroomysoup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Good info. Is there a link so I can follow this guy's articles up until the national championship game? Or can you post his articles before each game?

Lucky1g

This info comes from Nick Bogdanovich i read these articles at vegassportsmasters.com...Nick is a solid and i love the free info he gives out..ive learned alot from him the past two years..if enough people are intrested i will post definitly try to post through superbowl

biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

im going to be playing the middle...stanford -2.5 AND VT +4.0... try to even it out as much as possible to see if i can get stanford by 3 or 4!

edit: locked in stan -2.5 but VT is getting pounded at my book..waiting to see if +4.0 will drop even more in my favour..
    Last edited by biggerleaffan; 01-03-11 at 04:37 PM.

MuchoPeso
    MuchoPeso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    lucky1g stanford lock right dude right andrew luck unstoppable no way they dont cover sharps all over them

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1g View Post
    What im taking from this tho is that sharps pounded the OPENING line which was a PICKEM....as a result books moved the line with all that sharp early money coming in....The value in stanford -3.5 is way differant than what the professional wagers got it at...I think if u like stanford take the ML if u like VTECH buy the half up to 4....Also look for the sharps that origanlly bet stanford at a pick to move in on VTECH once the public is done driving the line up and buy back with Vtech in hopes of hitting the middle...clearly oddsmakers have much respect for VTECH to put out an opening line of PK...be careful of the QB darling and the "easy winner" w stanford tonite...should be a good game
    That is not the way it works. It is impossible to get down huge money at the opening number for a bowl game. The big money is being bet now.

Lucky1g

How does it work then? the line came out at PK...pro betters and syndicates get on the "smart" side as soon as line comes out forcing the books to move the line in an attempt to equal out the action??help me understand what im missing here... majority of public wait till gameday to get down and they play mostly favorites anyways

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

I think this is true by today's line movement.

Today the percentage of bets moved at least ten percent in favor of Va Tech, but the line went from -3.5 to -4. If the trend is moving in favor of Va Tech, then what would cause the books to move the line in favor of Stanford....big money.
    I didn't see any movement in favor of Va tech today, but then again I don't use those pay best line services.

Any insight woudl be appreciated as I'll shoot for middle if persuaded.