nunny
    nunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 714

81% of the public is on Stanford

The line opened at 3.5, 80% of the public is on Stanford yet the line only moved .5? Im on VT +4

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I'm gonna say 81% of the public will be right. VT is horrible ATS with top 5 teams. 1-26, I think's what I saw somewhere.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Are you sure the line opened at 3.5?

I'm seeing 1.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

the ship has sailed. the only bet I see for that game is Stanford minus a field goal or less. Frank beamer is not a good big game coach. He lost in the Orange Bowl a couple years ago with a better team against (worse than Stanford) KU. The only way this is close is if the Vtech special teams scores or puts the Vtech offense around the 40 all night

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think if it goes back to 3 at sharp books, VT can be considered.

If the hook remains, I think oddsmakers are baiting you into taking the Hokies and Stanford is the play.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

the public isn't always wrong. that said, i like VT +3.5 / +4.0 too

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

I see 70% on Stanford at SI...I won't lay more than a fg. As long as it don't go to 80% then i still like Stanford. But if % goes down on Stanford & the line goes up on Stanford then that would be a strong play.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think if it goes back to 3 at sharp books, VT can be considered.

If the hook remains, I think oddsmakers are baiting you into taking the Hokies and Stanford is the play.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    I see 70% on Stanford at SI...I won't lay more than a fg. As long as it don't go to 80% then i still like Stanford. But if % goes down on Stanford & the line goes up on Stanford then that would be a strong play.
    Yeah my website says 70% on Stanford, but although the public is usually wrong, remember, this is a team that was up 21-3 vs Oregon vs a team who lost to a President of the United States...

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post

Yeah my website says 70% on Stanford, but although the public is usually wrong, remember, this is a team that was up 21-3 vs Oregon vs a team who lost to a President of the United States...
    A dead one, no less.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Tyrod is such a sketchy qb he's pretty inaccurate and chokes under pressure
    All he does great is run around against acc competition

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17680

VT ML.

Everyone wrote off VT at the beginning of the season. Everyone says this VT team isn't that good. Everyone just remembers the loss to Boise St and James Madison to start the season.

Here's what people forgot:
    VT was a pre-season top 10 team.
    VT played Boise St very hard, and was winning late in the 4th quarter.
    VT lost a trap "let down" game agaisnt JMU.
    VT hasn't lost since.
    VT has beaten 3 ranked teams this year.
    VT has worked their way back from being unranked and forgotten to the #13 team in the nation.

70% of the people on Standford probably don't realize that VT hasn't lost since JMU.

If Boise St didn't score the TD with 1:09 to go in the game, VT would not have lost to JMU and we'd be here arguing over who would be National Champions, Oregon or VT.

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

If my aunt had a package she be my uncle.... All these what if's.......... VTech is a good team, but I believe Stanford is taking this game wayyyy more serious than VaTech... Harbaugh is trying to parlay this win for future opportunities.

nunny
    nunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 714

i still see 79% on Stanford

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Seeing how good Stanford did against Oregon at the beginning the play may just be Stanford 1H -2!!!

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

VT +4, gonna be a good game....

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by InTheRed View Post
    VT ML.

Everyone wrote off VT at the beginning of the season. Everyone says this VT team isn't that good. Everyone just remembers the loss to Boise St and James Madison to start the season.

Here's what people forgot:
    VT was a pre-season top 10 team.
    VT played Boise St very hard, and was winning late in the 4th quarter.
    VT lost a trap "let down" game agaisnt JMU.
    VT hasn't lost since.
    VT has beaten 3 ranked teams this year.
    VT has worked their way back from being unranked and forgotten to the #13 team in the nation.

70% of the people on Standford probably don't realize that VT hasn't lost since JMU.

If Boise St didn't score the TD with 1:09 to go in the game, VT would not have lost to JMU and we'd be here arguing over who would be National Champions, Oregon or VT.
    You think Auburn would be the odd-man out if VT is undefeated? I think Tech is still OUT, but that's a mute point considered they have two losses. It's one thing to say "What if VT didn't lose ONE game..." but now we're saying "What if they didn't lose TWO games..."

InTheRed

I was saying that the JMU loss is 100% correlated to the tough last minute loss to Boise. They don't lose the first, they don't lose the 2nd. The heart and minds were not in the JMU game. A win over #3 to start the season doesn't take away their heart.

Agree its a moot point. But VT would be 13-0 and not 11-2 in that scenerio.

The point of everything was, VT is not this awful team everyone is thinking they are. They are 1:09 away from being an elite team in the top 5 heading into this game.

With a win over Boise, VT would have been a favorite in this game.

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena69ers View Post
    If my aunt had a package she be my uncle.... All these what if's.......... VTech is a good team, but I believe Stanford is taking this game wayyyy more serious than VaTech... Harbaugh is trying to parlay this win for future opportunities.
    wow u r one stupid fukkk, VT has had an inspirational comeback since starting 0-2 they were the only undefeated ACC team since 2000. its similar to the 1995 team beamer had, that started out 0-2 and never lost again that season. they are rite now as close a team as any team out there and will play their hearts out to finish on a winning note. false insight given here.

InTheRed

Quote Originally Posted by Pasadena69ers View Post
    Harbaugh is trying to parlay this win for future opportunities.
    This game means absolutely nothing to Harbaugh's future.

He is already the top name for Michigan. He's already a top name for San Fran.

One loss is not going to have this profound effect on those two organizations. They've already made up their minds that they want a guy to turn around a program in only a couple of years. That's what they are judging him on. Not some stupid Orange bowl game.

Further, if this game weren't tonight or if Mich didn't play on Sat and played last week as they were expecting, or if the NFL ended last week, there would be talks of Harbaugh leaving. He would probably have to make a comment about the rumors and whatnot.

He's just lucky about the timing of everything where we won't have to answer a question about SF or Mich until the post game on field interview.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

go with higher team IQ

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    go with higher team IQ
    hahaha wut the fukk do u think this is the spelling bee contest?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

yes the teem that can spel bettir winns

the h man
    the h man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    I'm gonna say 81% of the public will be right. VT is horrible ATS with top 5 teams. 1-26, I think's what I saw somewhere.

Yesterday the public was big on Wisconsin and Oklahoma and they both won. Does Vegas want a win tonight?

cobeez
    cobeez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Man I think I am going to have to stay away from a side and look at the total.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tyrod gets exposed tonight. Stanford will blitz and have him running for his life. I anticipate Tyrod coughing it up at least twice, and a lot of 3 and outs for Virginia Tech. Stanford rolls.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

VTU blocks 2 punts and a field goal and wins 21-17

ringemup

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bay Player View Post
    Tyrod gets exposed tonight. Stanford will blitz and have him running for his life. I anticipate Tyrod coughing it up at least twice, and a lot of 3 and outs for Virginia Tech. Stanford rolls.
    be careful with ur anaylsis, did u notice who VT played in the ACC title game? FSU, they blitz as much as anyone in the country and are faster than stanford on that side of the ball. did that work against VT? 44 pts they put up in that game im sorry bud its not that easy to break down VTs offense has learned to adapt they r an efficient unit that can break defenses down because of tyrod taylors dual threat ability and a great set of NFL-bound running backs.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Public is exactly right Stanford wins big

Numenor80
    Numenor80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Stanford by 10

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    be careful with ur anaylsis, did u notice who VT played in the ACC title game? FSU, they blitz as much as anyone in the country and are faster than stanford on that side of the ball. did that work against VT? 44 pts they put up in that game im sorry bud its not that easy to break down VTs offense has learned to adapt they r an efficient unit that can break defenses down because of tyrod taylors dual threat ability and a great set of NFL-bound running backs.
    You mean, FSU, who ranked just behind Toledo and Indiana in passing yards surrendered this year? My mistake - if Tyrod cracked that safe he'll put up 400 yards and 7 td's against Stanford tonight.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    This is exactly what happened. Went from 80-70 percent on stanford, yet line moved in favor of stanford.
    Seems like the bait is on Va tech then?

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

I'm gonna say 81% of the public will be right.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I still think Under is the play here! I got 59(-105)...I've even seen some 59.5s? I don't think Stanford has seen a defense as good as VTs and Stanford allowed less than 15 ppg if you throw out Oregon! Stanford also runs the ball over 60% of the time despite how good Luck is!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Virginia Tech will win tonight. Luck and Harbaugh both are looking forward to greener pastures. I expect Luck to have a bad night which will lead to a last minute VaTech win. Stanford comes out and covers the 1st quarter and 1st half but VaTech will pound them in the 2nd half. Bet accordingly...

12 Last