Rob7168
    Rob7168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3944

Something Smells................

Virginia Tech and Pts. mmmm,,, I guess Vegas wants you to think Stanford will come in and shoot all over the place keeping it close,Im not buying it,NO Im Not a VT fan or a Stan fan just someone that thinks VT will Open this game up in the 4th and pull it off(without the points) remember,,time and time again,,what happens when a Pac 10 team facing a team out of the PAC yeah,,you know............Im sure Mr. Luck will have a great game,Exellent Defense,Etc,etc,etc, BUT,,,VT is WELL balanced on Both sides of the ball,and usually the BALANCED team pulls it off. Hey,,good luck to Stanford,but my $$$$$ is on V.T. (Dont over think this game) and youll be just fine.....................Rob my 2cents..

naturalwin
    naturalwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I m on Tech

sterling111
    sterling111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couldnt agree more.

yogohama
    yogohama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1370

every tout seems to be on tech....

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I agree that the line does seem alittle funny..VT plus points seems enticing especially since they have been favored in every game so far this year...rattled off a record breaking 11 straight wins etc..etc.. but why do you think the lines makers made the line 3.5 pts?? Why didnt they make it a PK.. they want money to come in on VT and thats exactly what people are going to be looking at. VT is balanced on both sides of the ball, Ill give you that. Tyrod Taylor has the ability to extend plays not only through the air but with his feet. Stanford is also quite balanced on both sides of the ball. Stanford shutout oregon state, UCLA and Washington this year while putting up 40 points on each. I think Stanford had played the tougher schedule this year and I think it will show during the game. The game is going to come down to QB play and I think hands down Andrew Luck wins that battle. I think Stanford wins this by 6 or 7

TodaysLocks
    TodaysLocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Big $$$ on Stanford and Over guys.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy8199 View Post
    I agree that the line does seem alittle funny..VT plus points seems enticing especially since they have been favored in every game so far this year...rattled off a record breaking 11 straight wins etc..etc.. but why do you think the lines makers made the line 3.5 pts?? Why didnt they make it a PK.. they want money to come in on VT and thats exactly what people are going to be looking at. VT is balanced on both sides of the ball, Ill give you that. Tyrod Taylor has the ability to extend plays not only through the air but with his feet. Stanford is also quite balanced on both sides of the ball. Stanford shutout oregon state, UCLA and Washington this year while putting up 40 points on each. I think Stanford had played the tougher schedule this year and I think it will show during the game. The game is going to come down to QB play and I think hands down Andrew Luck wins that battle. I think Stanford wins this by 6 or 7
    stanford could very well win and you are right if luck gets loose its over for tech but oregon state and washington are average teams and ucla flat out stunk for most of this year tech would have beat the hell out of them also

Rob7168
    Rob7168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3944

What happens to a Pac team when out of the PAC,laid over rest,and traveling to a Bowl,???? You know..................dont Run from that,,and theres a flip side to your analizing thing,,, your answering exactly how Vegas wants you too,,,stop OVER thinking this game,Ill end it there...G L rob

TheProdigy8199

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmillion View Post
    stanford could very well win and you are right if luck gets loose its over for tech but oregon state and washington are average teams and ucla flat out stunk for most of this year tech would have beat the hell out of them also
    True, the teams Stanford did shut out are no championship teams by any stretch of the imagination, but they did show flashes of potential this year, Washington beating Nebraska in the bowl game, UCLA dismantling Texas on their home turf, Oregon State beating both USC and Arizona and putting up a fight in Oregon...my point was just that Stanford beat these teams handily, as in did not allow them to score a single point. I'm not saying that VT wouldn't have beat them because they probably would have but who has VT beaten this year? They have faced 3 teams that have an above .500 record this year. Florida State, Miami and Boise.. Miami just flat out sucked this year, and they lost to Boise.

$4nothing
    $4nothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1487

Liked Va Tech all along, but this warrants notice:

Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer told reporters Sunday that he sent six players who aren’t on the two-deep roster back to Blacksburg on a bus Saturday because of violations of team rules.

Beamer declined to name the players and he didn’t disclose the rules that were broken. He said none of the violations were serious.

“We told them when we came down here, ‘We’ll fly you down, but if you mess up, you’re going to take a bus back to Blacksburg,” Beamer told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. “I want to say none of these guys was just a total out-there thing. But we got the ground rules when we got down here — Let’s do what we’re supposed to be doing each and every time. And if it’s not, you’re going to take the bus home. That’s the way it is.” Beamer had already suspended sophomore tailback David Wilson and redshirt freshman free safety Antone Exum for the first quarter of Monday’s Orange Bowl against No. 5 Stanford for violating the team’s 1 a.m. curfew Saturday morning.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

love VTech tonight

TheProdigy8199

Quote Originally Posted by Rob7168 View Post
    What happens to a Pac team when out of the PAC,laid over rest,and traveling to a Bowl,???? You know..................dont Run from that,,and theres a flip side to your analizing thing,,, your answering exactly how Vegas wants you too,,,stop OVER thinking this game,Ill end it there...G L rob
    You do make some good points Rob, trends and history are hard things to go against. But if you are laying money on a game based soley on the fact of " what happens to a PAC 10 team when given rest and travelling to a bowl" What happens if that trend doesn't effect Stanford?? Trends said that Navy never beats Notre Dame...50 years straight, and they lost the last 2. Trends eventually break.
    I followed both teams this year and both made me some money...I have no preference to which team wins, I just want to be on the right side, and I think Stanford is the right play. Im just laying out my opinion to give people something else to think about, thats what this site is about, what people choose to do with the information is up to them.

gambling_man777
    gambling_man777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take the points...VT is a much better team than stanford. Good luck all!

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Wow! You're saying VT only played 4 teams with a winning record and one of those was Boise State?!? I don't see how anyone could put $ on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProdigy8199 View Post
    True, the teams Stanford did shut out are no championship teams by any stretch of the imagination, but they did show flashes of potential this year, Washington beating Nebraska in the bowl game, UCLA dismantling Texas on their home turf, Oregon State beating both USC and Arizona and putting up a fight in Oregon...my point was just that Stanford beat these teams handily, as in did not allow them to score a single point. I'm not saying that VT wouldn't have beat them because they probably would have but who has VT beaten this year? They have faced 3 teams that have an above .500 record this year. Florida State, Miami and Boise.. Miami just flat out sucked this year, and they lost to Boise.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by TodaysLocks View Post

The +3.5/4 is bait.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Was gonna be on Tech, but this one smells... with 3 and hook for Tech, on fire winning 11 in a row, sorry not biting. Tech is gonna bury people tonight, just my opinion and gut feeling.

Jcows
    Jcows's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gambling_man777 View Post
    I'll take the points...VT is a much better team than stanford. Good luck all!
    are you on coke?

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Stanford is a my play for tonight

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

ok im gonna clear sumthing up for people in this thread that think vegas wants money coming in on VT, no they have already swung the publics money toward stanford both spread and ML currently well over 80% on the cardinal by opening the line at pk. Im not surprised people jumped all over stanford considering they have a heisman finalist in luck and their rampage thru the Pac-10. then of course some mite remember VT losing to james madison early and say this one is a no brainer. however there are advantages that VT has here that i will point out. despite stanford trampling through much of the competition in the pac-10 it is a down year for the league with USC under penalties and a number of flat-out bad teams. however i cant say the same of VT and their schedule theyve faced teams with talent week in and week out and that game against boise was a great experience for them because they wont be fazed by seeing a quality opponent out there in stanford. that being said stanford i think is the team that will need to adjust to facing the kind of athleticism, speed, and tenacity they have not consistently seen in league play. yes they played oregon and they struggled to defend against the lateral, spread you out type attack oregon employed. this is concerning because tyrod taylor is one of the most dangerous dual threat QBs out there and he makes very sound decisions with the ball and can make defenses pay if they over-pursue. teams that have struggled vs stanford have had trouble slowing the physical ground game stanford brings to the table and i assure you VT def. coordinator bud foster will employ schemes to try and take away their success here with relentless defensive play. lot of people forget how good VTs group of RBs are, all three are NFL prospects and these are the type of runners stanford could struggle to contain. i see VT coming in sky high after beating FSU in the ACC championship and will play with a chip on their shoulder knowing they are the underdog. Look for VT to rely on t.taylor and their explosive RB tandem and a relentless defense along with dangerous special teams return personnel to come out on top in this game. many will find out this game wont be a picnic like most of the public think it will be. VT +3 is the call.

orangeheaven
    orangeheaven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playing VT ML BIG. Score will be 14-0 vt by halftime.

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

im on stanford. Andrew Luck will show why he is a number one draft pick. She should be able to put up some good numbers against this defense. good luck all

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

on the over

ringemup

everyone that backs stanford seems like they are betting them based on perception and not the matchup, this is why vegas wins big time. they know who the public likes they aint stupid.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    ok im gonna clear sumthing up for people in this thread that think vegas wants money coming in on VT, no they have already swung the publics money toward stanford both spread and ML currently well over 80% on the cardinal by opening the line at pk. Im not surprised people jumped all over stanford considering they have a heisman finalist in luck and their rampage thru the Pac-10. then of course some mite remember VT losing to james madison early and say this one is a no brainer. however there are advantages that VT has here that i will point out. despite stanford trampling through much of the competition in the pac-10 it is a down year for the league with USC under penalties and a number of flat-out bad teams. however i cant say the same of VT and their schedule theyve faced teams with talent week in and week out and that game against boise was a great experience for them because they wont be fazed by seeing a quality opponent out there in stanford. that being said stanford i think is the team that will need to adjust to facing the kind of athleticism, speed, and tenacity they have not consistently seen in league play. yes they played oregon and they struggled to defend against the lateral, spread you out type attack oregon employed. this is concerning because tyrod taylor is one of the most dangerous dual threat QBs out there and he makes very sound decisions with the ball and can make defenses pay if they over-pursue. teams that have struggled vs stanford have had trouble slowing the physical ground game stanford brings to the table and i assure you VT def. coordinator bud foster will employ schemes to try and take away their success here with relentless defensive play. lot of people forget how good VTs group of RBs are, all three are NFL prospects and these are the type of runners stanford could struggle to contain. i see VT coming in sky high after beating FSU in the ACC championship and will play with a chip on their shoulder knowing they are the underdog. Look for VT to rely on t.taylor and their explosive RB tandem and a relentless defense along with dangerous special teams return personnel to come out on top in this game. many will find out this game wont be a picnic like most of the public think it will be. VT +3 is the call.

JohnnyD4916
    JohnnyD4916's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 731

I'm on stanford

TodaysLocks

everyone that backs stanford seems like they are betting them based on perception and not the matchup, this is why vegas wins big time. they know who the public likes they aint stupid.
    The best, most efficient, most profitable way to wager is with an OBJECTIVE system. Too many people in this particular thread and on this site go with "I think this, I think that."

THAT is why Vegas makes money.

Step back, use some power rankings, analyze some stats, and make the selection.

"I think vtech will have a chip on their shoulder" is meaningless 3 minutes into the game.

What you said above is true, but OBJECTIVELY, Stanford and the OVER are the plays tonight in my book.

If I lose, at least I made an educated wager and didn't base it on "rah rah" stuff that truly has no bearing on the outcome, but only on the pregame hype.

ringemup

The best, most efficient, most profitable way to wager is with an OBJECTIVE system. Too many people in this particular thread and on this site go with "I think this, I think that."

THAT is why Vegas makes money.

Step back, use some power rankings, analyze some stats, and make the selection.

"I think vtech will have a chip on their shoulder" is meaningless 3 minutes into the game.

What you said above is true, but OBJECTIVELY, Stanford and the OVER are the plays tonight in my book.

If I lose, at least I made an educated wager and didn't base it on "rah rah" stuff that truly has no bearing on the outcome, but only on the pregame hype.

i jus broke down the matchup so u like stanford based on numbers? ive made 6 figures on breaking matchups down like this.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Rob7168 View Post
    What does the past have to do with this game? VTech is 0-22 all time against top 5 teams away from home. They are 1-26 if you include the home games. Who cares??? That is past history. Those past teams have nothing to do with these teams.

Why would you be down on the Pac-10 this year? They were the second best conference in the nation. ACC has been bad for several years running, although they were somewhat better this year. Everyone rips on the Big East, but the Big East has outperformed the ACC over the last several years (obviously not this year). The ACC is not one of the top 3 conferences. The Pac-10 is.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

VT has the most team speed Stanford has faced since Oregon.. Oregon didn't work out to well for them.. Neither team actually beat anybody I would call a good team. Tough call. Lean VT, but not sold yet.

Speed vs. Brains??

TodaysLocks

i jus broke down the matchup so u like stanford based on numbers? ive made 6 figures on breaking matchups down like this.
    Okay you win, and are superior to me. Goodbye.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

well seriously todayslocks....ill be honest i look for your posts and fade them. step back, analyze stats, make a selection, and fade it, and you will make money

TodaysLocks

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    well seriously todayslocks....ill be honest i look for your posts and fade them. step back, analyze stats, make a selection, and fade it, and you will make money
    This post means you are trying to justify your vtech selection. No need to. Good luck.

This coming from the guy down 171 units since June. I know all...

TodaysLocks

I'm not referring to you chargers. When I reread it seemed that way.

Although you haven't been fading me, I'm sure of it. Nice try at humor and wit. Maybe next time bud...

Good luck...

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

The best, most efficient, most profitable way to wager is with an OBJECTIVE system. Too many people in this particular thread and on this site go with "I think this, I think that." THAT is why Vegas makes money. Step back, use some power rankings, analyze some stats, and make the selection. "I think vtech will have a chip on their shoulder" is meaningless 3 minutes into the game. What you said above is true, but OBJECTIVELY, Stanford and the OVER are the plays tonight in my book. If I lose, at least I made an educated wager and didn't base it on "rah rah" stuff that truly has no bearing on the outcome, but only on the pregame hype.

ehh, I disagree. So much of gambling is luck its crazy. I cap my games based on matchups, and it works for me.....but a lot of the times it just comes down to a few lucky bounces here and there....

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'm not referring to you chargers. When I reread it seemed that way.

Although you haven't been fading me, I'm sure of it. Nice try at humor and wit. Maybe next time bud...

Good luck...
    Hey Lock, squares are gonna square. You can't stop them.

Let them think they can just watch the games and come up with profitable bets against a line derived by objectively crunching numbers with the best tools available.

12 Last