Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

How could they call an unsportsmanlike penatly on K-State?

He didn't even do anything.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

worst penalty I have seen. To let a penatly like that to decide a game is bs. I also bet syracuse. I wonder if the guy said something besides the salute. I just can't believe that was called.

Austin103
    Austin103's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by notsosharp View Post
    worst penalty I have seen. To let a penatly like that to decide a game is bs. I also bet syracuse. I wonder if the guy said something besides the salute. I just can't believe that was called.
    Yeah, terrible call, he didn't show anyone up.

csm506
    csm506's Avatar Become A Pro!

GAMBLING If they tell you other wise it is a lie, people have to be kidding themselves if they do not think Refs do not bet on these games through 2nd and 3rd party people, please the line was PK or -1 on Syracuse depending where you went

jwbjwbjwb12
    jwbjwbjwb12's Avatar Become A Pro!

such bullshit he didnt even do anything so gay and cost them the game

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

are there any replays of this anywhere?

raiders32
    raiders32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should not have been called.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    are there any replays of this anywhere?
    He did a minor version of Terrell Davis salute when he was with the Broncos.

Name:  salute.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  10.6 KB

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

because this is PINSTRIPE bowl.

Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

the QB from Tennessee did alot worse after every score.. and it reminds me of the call on Locker against BYU years ago. You can't call that at that time

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Every player should do a salute after a TD and see what the officials do.

Maybe they took it as a sign of disrespect to the flag or something crazy like that.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

UT was doing way worse, when i say worse I dont mean it in a bad way, saluting or throwing your hands up or fist pumping is not "excessive".

Both games were BIG10 crews, so it just shows how fukin crooked this shit really is.

If thats the case I would just pull my cok out & wave it at the crowd. Penalty is the same as clapping or saluting so why not get your moneys worth

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

probaly a muslim so he threw the penalty, u know how they feel about salutes

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

wow, just saw it on espn, refs are fukkin morons if that a penalty theres been way worse shit before.

and even worse explanation too.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I'm angry about this and I didn't even have a play on this game either way. Sad when common sense does not prevail, it is not like he did a nazi salute or anything, jesus christ.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    wow, just saw it on espn, refs are fukkin morons if that a penalty theres been way worse shit before.

and even worse explanation too.
    did you hear what the boy said the ref said to him??? Its a true crok-o-shit that makes me not want to watch college football, better yet bet on it knowing that the refs will make shit up to make it go the way it needs to go

THE PROFIT

Im so sick of these fukin rules & especially all these NCAA violations. Let the kids be kids & let them celebrate.

I especially hate NFL celebration rules, fans want to see wild & crazy shit. Fans pay those salaries, when it no longer interests the fans theres no longer an NFL

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

yeah, something like wrong move kid, what a fukkin douche.

when people go to a game they wanna see the teams, not the refs.

they ruined the end to a very good, competitive game.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Game was clearly fixed.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Hat McCulloch View Post
    the QB from Tennessee did alot worse after every score.. and it reminds me of the call on Locker against BYU years ago. You can't call that at that time

I don't think they were anything alike. Locker actually threw the ball 30ft in the air which is, in essence the same as spiking it, which is obviously illegal in college. Saluting isn't even illegal in YMCA.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25004

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    I don't think they were anything alike. Locker actually threw the ball 30ft in the air which is, in essence the same as spiking it, which is obviously illegal in college. Saluting isn't even illegal in YMCA.
    Terrible call; what a way to have a bowl win jerked away by the refs.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

replay's on espnu right now.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Name the ref? anybody got his name? ref should be suspended for a full year and investigated--no way was that not a "my bro-in-law has 5k on the game" call

Just remember how long it took the NBA to investigate refs--took the DOJ to instigate that.

nobodyukno
    nobodyukno's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont see how you cant think this game was fixed. If it clearly comes across many peoples minds it has to be addressed with some sort of action taken by the NCAA

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16173

cant beleive K St coach (James) didnt go crazy,,,he just stood there,,something was up

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hat McCulloch View Post
    This was my first thought as well.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

i heard one of the refs name was b. link which is brandon lang's real last name. lol

but lang was on k state.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pathetic call, glad I didn't have money on this

djm134
    djm134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

It was awful, and the NCAA has to fix that.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

had bill snyder kicked the fg instead of trying a fake with 5 min left, the penalty wouldve been moot.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

the "crime of the century" about to come on in a few mins on espnu.

WrEkkED
    WrEkkED's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

You know what. It was a bad call, but there were two worse calls. The fake fg attempt, which would have won them the game if they made it, and second was doing the saulte in the first place. Bad call or not, it is a rule, they know the rules, and these players all have a hard time turning off the cockyness for 60 mins. He should have just celebrated slightly with his team and gone back to the bench. He has no one to blame but his own lack of self discipline.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by WrEkkED View Post
    You know what. It was a bad call, but there were two worse calls. The fake fg attempt, which would have won them the game if they made it, and second was doing the saulte in the first place. Bad call or not, it is a rule, they know the rules, and these players all have a hard time turning off the cockyness for 60 mins. He should have just celebrated slightly with his team and gone back to the bench. He has no one to blame but his own lack of self discipline.
    very sharp post -- a rule is a rule, even though they obviously did not enforce it in the Tenn game.

I lost money on K State, but more so because of the fake fg attempt than the salute.

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I lost a chunk. Not saying they would have got the 2 pts but guess we'll never know.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

i think what people are upset with are the spirit of the rule and the inconsistencies. why is saluting for a second a penalty but not for the loco sign and raising your arms? had they been reffing the army-smu game and an army player did the salute would they have penalized him? hell no.

i think the whole "bringing attention to oneself" is ridiculous to begin with. i mean he brought attention to himself by scoring a dramatic fuking touchdown not some little salute that the first 2 rows in the corner of the stadium saw.

i had syracuse so i was glad they threw the flag but it was completely bs nonetheless like many of the calls in the rams-49ers game.

i think refs need to swallow the whistle late in games like they do in basketball unless it is so blatant that you havr no choice. let the players decide the outcome, not you.

12 Last