docbarnes
    docbarnes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vols +1

I have to lean on my volunteers here. A young team happy to be in a bowl today after a 2-6 start. NC with its two RBs out and several others not making the trip.

My only reservation is the caliber of teams that they played coming down the stretch.

GO VOLS!!

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is right. tenn has 4 game win streak against 3 teams w/ terrible records. the 4th, UK, went 6-6. Even w/ all the players out, i'm gonna play NC.

drgonzo111
    drgonzo111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

I wish you luck, but I'm taking the Heels

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

This should be a good game

I haven't looked into the game yet as far as numbers etc... go, but listening to the radio all week it seems that everyone who mentions the game says how the Vols are preparing well and are in the right state of mind, happy to be here etc...

It will also be 95% orange in the stands. Believe it or not, the fans seem to be pumped about being in the music city bowl and salvaging what everyone knew would be a rough season.

Not sure which is the right side yet, but the intangibles seem to be on the UT side

GO VOLS

MLM50
    MLM50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

doc,

I wouldn't read too much into White and Elzy being out for Carolina because Shaun Draughn would've been the starter to begin the season but he was held out early in the season and later cleared of any wrong doing. He was the starter last year and he's a senior so he's experienced. If Draughn can't run on Tennessee, there's no reason to think White or Elzy would've done better. UNC's running game is unpredictable.

The missing player for UNC that will hurt is linebacker Bruce Carter. He's one of the five potential NFL defensive first rounders at the start of the season. He had surgery for a torn ligament on December 13th. He's a really big loss that can't be replaced. Carolina's pass rush will suffer.

aufordboy
    aufordboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

This should be a good game but I think that Tennessee will get the job done. Go Vols!

Vortexx00
    Vortexx00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Best of luck..Im taking the Tar Heels

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

i agree with u on tennessee really looking to capitalize on that game. NC has yet more injury issues 2 RBs out white and draughn and LB carter out on defense. im not gonna discredit NC they have done an admirable job with all the scandals theyve had. but they take on a tennesse volunteer squad that has played well toward the back end of their season, with QB Bray coming on. this game just happens to be in nashville and tennessee will feel at home in this one. i also like how tennesses receivers match up against NCs corners they have an edge, and on the other side i think tennessee will have pressure packages dialed up and NCs O-line is gonna be tested without their starting guard Pelc. i like to ride teams coming from the SEC in bowls and love tennessee as a slight dog here. Ride the live dog here, volunteers +1 with the outrite win.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

I like the Tarheels here.
    only advantage the Vols have is it being almost a home game

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

wow no posts on this gamebut this, doesnt seem anyone knows anything

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Here's the stand point from the Vols side of things. This will be the healthiest the Vols have been all year and there were no academic casualties for this game. Tyler Bray has rejuvinated the Vols offense with his play against suspect defenses but he did play well after taking over for Matt Simms in the South Carolina game. The wide receivers are the shining stars for the Vols, Denarius Moore has been unstoppable at times recording two 200 yard receiving games. Gerald Jones benefits from the extra rest and is a good target on 3rd downs to keep the chains moving. Justin Hunter is a freshman, big play receiver who they expect great things from in the future. Da'Rick Rogers has shown glimpses of explosiveness in the kick return game and on the occasional jet sweep. The running game has flashes but lacks consistency especially in 3rd and short situations. This is due in part to an offensive line that starts one sophomore, one redshirt freshman and three true freshman. Luke Stocker is a future pro and is a quality blocking tight end to go along with his pass catching abilities.

Defensively the Vols are weak up the middle with undersized DT's and Nick Reveiz at MLB. Janzen Jackson and Prentiss Waggner have done well in the INT department which leads to Tennessee being ranked 13th in interceptions. Jackson missed most of bowl practice dealing with personal issues but I don't see that being much of a problem. They are average at rushing the passer but do not have a dominate player on the defensive line.

As stated before this is pretty much a home game in Nashville and the Vols come in riding a four game winning streak. This game is an unknown due to the fact that UNC has been an unknown most of the year with their various suspensions and now some of their best remaining players (LB Bruce Carter, G Alan Pelc) are on the shelf nursing injuries. Yates has improved this year and is a stable senior leader, they have a talented big receiver in Dwight Jones and are very thin at running back. Being a fan of the Vols I will stay away from this game betting wise and just enjoy rooting on Dooley's boys.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Really like Tenn here,think they may beat nc bad

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

well good win , unc played shety in 4q