jas19illini
    jas19illini's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 715

I should also mention that Illinois has 2-3 good rbs with different skill sets. So if Baylor slows the option then Illinois can use their bruisers to pound the rock on draws. Also, Illinois' qb can throw the ball well enough, especially against a porous Baylor defense. No doubt points will be scored, but I think Illinois pulls out the win.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    what did home field advantage mean to hawaii
    Homefield advantage isn't everything but I don't know how you can disagree that it is an advantage. Every team tends to play better in front of it's own fans. While Baylor doesn't have a huge fanbase, they should have more fans in the stand for this game. That doesn't mean they'll win just because they have more fans in the stands, but it definitely doesn't hurt.

the12thman
    the12thman's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol at Art Briles being a good coach

diaboliquesaint
    diaboliquesaint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

I hate it when they do this. If it was Baylor -3.5 or something then everyone here would be on them but -1 is just weird. Now I think I will stay away and then Baylor will win by 8 or something, like they really should.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by the12thman View Post
    lol at Art Briles being a good coach
    I don't think anyone ever said he was a great coach but he has turned around a horrible program and put them in a bowl in a relatively quick time.

As for the game, I think Illinois IS the correct play. The Big 12 is down and Baylor hasn't really beaten anyone all season. When Baylor played a decent team they were destroyed. See TCU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State.

Baylor has lost its last three games by scores of

58-28
    42-30
    53-24

The OU and OSU games were a lot worse but Baylor scored some meaningless second half TDS.

Here are Baylor's wins.

Sam Houston State
    Buffalo
    Rice
    Kansas
    Colorado
    K-State
    Texas (too much credit for beating a horrible Texas team!)

So Baylor has only beaten one team with a winning record. Griffin is a flashy player but other than that this team really isn't that good. At first glance I like Baylor but after seeing the fishy line and analyzing the game more I think Illinois is the right side to be on. Baylor can't stop anyone on defense. The over might also be worth a play as well.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jagaf22 View Post
    I really like the over. Think both offenses score big!
    Big mistake...Illinois has a very underrated defense

Avon Barksdale
    Avon Barksdale's Avatar Become A Pro!

As someone who is a Baylor alum, I have to warn everyone that the Baylor defense is terrible. They literally cannot stop anyone and they make no adjustments.

The game will be a shootout with Robert Griffin and I think that Baylor will pull out of a victory, but the Bears defense gets little turnovers and little stops, so it would not at all be surprising to see them upset.

First 12