playit
    playit's Avatar Become A Pro!

So for the people backing Iowa in this game, what big 10 school did you grow up rooting for? It happens every year... a big 10 team faces a team that spreads them way out on defense and they get exposed. And their gameplan to run the ball and control the clock goes out the window as they need to score points to catch up. I can't figure out how the line is this low in the game...
    Last edited by playit; 12-28-10 at 02:45 PM.

JMF2479
    JMF2479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by raiders510 View Post
    dude, mizzou backers are being led to a slaughter
    Are you sure? Favorites have covered every game except two. One loss and a tie.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by jml7z2 View Post
    I don't think West Virginia sucks, but I do think they are pretty average. You throw them in a real conference like the SEC, Big 10, or Big 12 and they probably only go 7-5.

Another reason I don't think BCS conferences should have auto qualifiers. I think the winner of the conference should get an auto bid only if they rank in the top 15 of the final BCS poll. UConn is very undeserving of the fiesta this year.

Give me a break, the ACC is just as bad.

jml7z2
    jml7z2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Oh the ACC is awful, I know. Just not as bad as the Big East. VA Tech is the only legit team in either conference and at least they're top 15 in the BCS. I have no problem with a conference like the Big East having an auto bid, but there wasn't one team that deserved a BCS bid this year in that conference. West Virginia and UConn were the best teams in the Big East this year, but if you stick them in say the Big 12 they would fall behind OU, Nebraska, Okie St, Mizzou, and A&M.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    About 3/4ths of the bets are on WVU and Missouri. Either Iowa (+3) or NC State (+3) cover -- if not both -- and maybe even win outright. However, I'd take the points just to be sure, because they're trendy ML plays. I have a feeling one of the two loses by a point or two.
    I love the guys who just faithfully and blindly fade the public. Like every day in every situation. Try capping a game guy.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Fading the public on plays that the public is all over is a form of capping. It works more often than not, looking at stats and schedule results an eighth grader can make a decision from is not always the best way.

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

big public plays hit at a rate of 50%

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Quote Originally Posted by JMF2479 View Post
    What does that have to do with the game playing tonight?

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

And that has nothing to do with tonight's game. It's like saying black has hit 5 of the last 7 rounds and black will hit the next round. Because that is your reasoning.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Huh??

And that has nothing to do with tonight's game. It's like saying black has hit 5 of the last 7 rounds and black will hit the next round. Because that is your reasoning.

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info. GL with your wagers

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    I love the guys who just faithfully and blindly fade the public. Like every day in every situation. Try capping a game guy.
    Who said that's all I'm doing here?

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

About 3/4ths of the bets are on WVU and Missouri.

Either Iowa (+3) or NC State (+3) cover -- if not both -- and maybe even win outright. However, I'd take the points just to be sure, because they're trendy ML plays.

I have a feeling one of the two loses by a point or two.
    No Coin . You are master of these situation... and I think Iowa have a chance to win out right

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Late money on WVU so far.

If you take them, take the ML or buy down to 2.5. Otherwise, I'd still roll with NC State at +3.

Just my opinion.

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Late money on WVU so far.

If you take them, take the ML or buy down to 2.5. Otherwise, I'd still roll with NC State at +3.

Just my opinion.
    At <1 minute before kickoff, there was nothing I could discern as to late money coming in using live odds at SBR and showmetheodds. Perhaps I missed something or am not reading things correctly. Also I am unclear as to how much lag time is involved. The last movement I saw was either none or a very slight movement of money on Pinny, going from -109 to -108 on WV. Maybe it occurred after I began watching game?

BOL

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    these two games are stressing me the F*** out. During the regular season I would have easily bet Mizzou and NCState here. Now im on a horrible losing streak in these bowls and dont trust myself. I have a feeling if I place a wager on Mizzou then Iowa will kick their ass. I feel if I place a wager on Iowa I will walk around kicking myself all nite. I disagree about the low scoring. I think this game will go over. Mizzou will start with a lead and Stanzi will be tossing the ball around all evening. You have to respect what Ferentz has done in the bowl games though. His teams come ready to play. As for the NC State WV game. I will keep this simple. WV sucks and I dont believe they have any chance here. I could see a 28-7 NC State win. Just my two cents and Im called as ICE right now so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    close enough

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

2-0.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

2-0.

These two seemed easy. Why weren't WVU and Iowa favorites to begin with? Iowa was a pretty decent favorite imo and with the suspensions I still had them slightly favored. As for WVU, are you really going to put your money on Bill Stewart against a decent ACC team???

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Nice call No coin, I wish I'd listen to your advice .

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Facepunch View Post

WVU sucks??
    Maybe that Is why you are losing bowl games.

A team that has not lost a game all season by more than 6 points does not suck.
    A team that has not given up more than 21ts THE ENTIRE SEASON does not suck.
    I do not care how you feel about the Big East WVU is one of the best Defenses in college football right now.

I guess it doesn't take much of a defense to stop Big East offenses. Maybe WVU should have scored more than 7 points too.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

2-0.

nice call

Man, that WVU game was boring. I could only watch a few minutes at a time. I am ready for a good stretch of games from now until the end of the weekend.

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

2-0.

judging by the threads today....Dec 29 will also be an ugly day for the public

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    I guess it doesn't take much of a defense to stop Big East offenses. Maybe WVU should have scored more than 7 points too.

I got a text from my buddy that said
    "hey man, it is a wonder they are scraping the offensive coaching staff when they average a whole 1.5 points a quarter"

He was exactly right.

This game went down the way I thought it might. We gave up the ball 4 times. WVU has one of the best Defenses in football but it is hard when the Wolfpack starts off a fumble close to the red zone every other series. At half time I was actually feeling good about WVU.

Either way, it was an awful showing by WVU's offense (which is not shocking).

Congrats to those that won on this one.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

These two seemed easy. Why weren't WVU and Iowa favorites to begin with? Iowa was a pretty decent favorite imo and with the suspensions I still had them slightly favored. As for WVU, are you really going to put your money on Bill Stewart against a decent ACC team???

Wait...why did Iowa seem easy? They needed a giftwrapped pick 6 to cover the spread.
    Still unsure as to what Gabbert was thinking, but Iowa had no business cashing

Wolf40
    Wolf40's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree but the way everyone here was talking I think they thought Mizz was going to win by 40

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

no coin nice work, that interception by iowa
    put the icing on the cake

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

where did all the doubters go?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    where did all the doubters go?
    Congrats on the win but to sit and talk about the doubters is dumb. Do you realize how many more ways that 1 play could of have gone down and you wouldnt be sitting here talking about the doubters. Gabbert doesnt have a brain fart and you go 1-1. I took NC State and Mizzou and anyone watching that Mizzou game knows that Iowa is extremely lucky to have left that stadium with a W. Again congrats on the win but dont come here talking about doubters when luck and good fortune fell into Iowas lap.......or arms.

First 12