WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Tulsa's Secondary Ranks 119th

Two of the nations highest scoring offenses square off tonight in what should be a passing game track meet. Both teams have pretty good quarterbacks with Hawaii's Bryant Moniz passing for 4,629 yards and 36 touchdowns and Tulsa's G.J. Kinne throwing for 3,307 yards and 28 touchdowns. The Rainbows also have a pretty good little runningback in Alex Green (1,168 yards, 17 TDs, 8.8 ypc) to compliment Moniz passing.

For Tulsa to win this game, the defense will have to put pressure on Moniz and disrupt the passing game. With a secondary that ranks 119th out of 120 schools, getting to the QB will be a necessity. Hawaii has given up 34 sacks this season so the O-line can be had. Unless this happens, Moniz should be able to pick Tulsa's back seven apart.

I like Hawaii -10 (11-2 ATS) playing on their home turf tonight.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Im sure the secondary will get some help because Tulsa dont have to worry about the rushing attack

hoku808pc
    hoku808pc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

I agree bro...

Hawaii plays really good at home (7-0 ATS this year) ... They come out with a lot of heart and emotion for every game...

Moniz should be able to hook up with #1 ranked receiver Salas and #6 ranked receiver Pilares for long yardages tonight... And Greene is small, but puts up yards, averaging 8.8 yds per rush...

Hawaii is ranked #1 in passing yards putting up 387.8 yds per game and Tulsa gives up 305.7 passing yds per game...

Hawaii should have no problem putting up a lot of points here... Question is does Tulsa???

I'm gonna go with Hawaii -10... making them 8-0 ATS this year at home, 12-2 ATS for the year...

BTW... I am from Hawaii and watched every game... I have no idea about Tulsa, except their stats...

hoku808pc
    hoku808pc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    Im sure the secondary will get some help because Tulsa dont have to worry about the rushing attack

Kc...

Hawaii has Alex Green, who runs for an average of 8.8 yds per carry... He's small, but is fast and explosive, and can get long runs...

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

tulsa? no ******* way imho

hawaii is the way to go

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Aloha. I got the Rainbows -10.

infospy
    infospy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like tulsa and the +, i guess it's one of those plays and i don't got that many choices tonight!

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Quote Originally Posted by infospy View Post
    I like tulsa and the +, i guess it's one of those plays and i don't got that many choices tonight!
    I have liked the over since early on but changed my mind at the last minute when I was given 75 as the total. Have just seen too many plays on the under total and the total keeps going up and up. Seems like all the heavy leans have been wrong on the bowls thus far so I am going under against my better judgment. I am going against what looks like the public play on the side and will stay with my gut play on Hawaii.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

[quote=WorkHorse;8061206]Two of the nations highest scoring offenses square off tonight in what should be a passing game track meet. Both teams have pretty good quarterbacks with Hawaii's Bryant Moniz passing for 4,629 yards and 36 touchdowns and Tulsa's G.J. Kinne throwing for 3,307 yards and 28 touchdowns. The Rainbows also have a pretty good little runningback in Alex Green (1,168 yards, 17 TDs, 8.8 ypc) to compliment Moniz passing.

For Tulsa to win this game, the defense will have to put pressure on Moniz and disrupt the passing game. With a secondary that ranks 119th out of 120 schools, getting to the QB will be a necessity. Hawaii has given up 34 sacks this season so the O-line can be had. Unless this happens, Moniz should be able to pick Tulsa's back seven apart.

I like Hawaii -10 (11-2 ATS) playing on their home turf tonight.

Secondary ranks 119th? You cannot look at it that way.
    Actually, Tulsa is a good match up for Hawaii.
    Tulsa plays in pass happy Conf USA: Houston, E Carolina, So Miss, UAB, several teams like that skew the numbers.
    So Tulsa is used to facing squads like this, which is a benefit.
    Hawaii has some OL injuries... the kiss of death. Tulsa can run the ball AND pass: balanced.
    Unless Tulsa goes out there to play on the beach... too many points: take Tulsa + 10!
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-24-10 at 06:00 PM.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17288

took tulsa +11 and under 74........

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Fan View Post
    I have liked the over since early on but changed my mind at the last minute when I was given 75 as the total. Have just seen too many plays on the under total and the total keeps going up and up. Seems like all the heavy leans have been wrong on the bowls thus far so I am going under against my better judgment. I am going against what looks like the public play on the side and will stay with my gut play on Hawaii.
    Read too many crappy opinions. This one had Over written all over from the word go. This may go over 100!

JackHorner
    JackHorner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Fan View Post
    Read too many crappy opinions. This one had Over written all over from the word go. This may go over 100!
    It happens. If you notice people overflowing the threads with one opinion, it might be a good idea to either not play or fade. I've had some good luck playing that way.

infospy
    infospy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cashed! tulsa and the over

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Serbone is the only SOB not making noise here that makes any sense. He pegged this game and the rest of you rubberneckers are just along for the ride.

I lost this game...won't be the last. Right on Mr. S., nice information.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

nice play time for make more this weekend