WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

High School Game Outdraws Bowl Games

The Texas 5A State Championship game played at Cowboy Stadium had a crowd of 43,321.

The three bowl games Saturday averaged 28,344.

They love there High School Football in Texas.....43,321.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

We had buses from Houston to go see Pearland bring home the crown. HS football rules down here, I'm amazed at the crowds for football games. I was at 2 games this year where they had to turn people away because the couldn't fit more in stadiums. That's crazy.

scott
    scott's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had to be more there.We went to the game at Rice stadium to watch Katy and Pearland and there was 41,000

WorkHorse

Mac and Scott, sounds like you guys understand how much high school football means in Texas. I'm from Alabama and we have bigtime interest in football in the towns across the state, but nothing like Texas.

Compare the players that Texas (84) and Texas A&M (91) have on their roster from the state of Texas. Hell, add Texas Tech, SMU, Baylor, Rice, Houston and all the other schools that draw from the state, especially outside schools like Oklahoma.

Pretty good high school ball you guys have in the state.

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

them dang ole high school games

WorkHorse

Everyone, please mark cookie jar as one of the sharp posters on the forum.

I know I will.

(Stupid is as Stupid does)

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I am glad to see such a great interenst in High School Football. The NCAA should be ashamed of itself for cheapening the bowl season by having so many bowl games.

playit
    playit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm more surprised that they got 28,000 people for the terrible bowlgames already played. Who would pay money to watch that?

scott
    scott's Avatar Become A Pro!

WorkHorse we play some good ball down here.My buddy and me allways talk how good all the teams in Texas would be if they all stayed in state and didn't leave to play ball.

masontnk
    masontnk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some of these Texas teams may be better then some NCAA teams. I am serious about this and not DII teams D I teams

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

That is crazy. Just shows how much football is king. I hope the owners and players realize how much we like football before they strike.