HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Houli's Bowl Plays: Just Do It

The Bowl season is upon us. It serves pro, and rec gamblers alike as the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year".

For an Amatuer gambler like myself, bowl games are a chance to replenish the bankroll after buying Christmas gifts for my family.

I recommend for those who are trying to turn a small profit, dont bet every game. Do your research on a select few, and fire away. For many games the outcome has been decided B4 a team even walks on the field. I'm not talking about games being rigged, but teams being unmotivated to perform. I find that the holy grail of all bowl game betting angles. Here is a list of potential teams playing without needed motivation to perform:

• Illinois(another disappointing season for Zook. After losing his last game to Fresno I don't see much for Zook to gain in this game)
    • Arizona( They folded their tents last year against Nebraska, and are in the same situation this year. After losing a close game to Arizona St. in their last game of the season.)
    • Nebraska(lost in the Big 12 game again, and is facing a team they know they are far superior too.)
    • South Carolina( Steve Spurrier doesn't care. He was gunning for a BCS bowl game. His team quit in the 3rd quarter of the SEC championship, and I don't see them recovering.

Here is a list of potential teams playing with the motivation to perform:

• TCU( They are getting their first chance at a big time school on a big stage) They are very good. I have them as 7.5 point favs. Call me crazy
    • Florida( Playing their last game with Meyer as the coach. Have them as a 9 point fav.
    • Maryland(Playing their last game as Ralph Friedgen as their coach.. Have them as 12 point favs.

With all that said. Those are not good enough reasons alone to bet a game, but its a start.

I have 8 Plays so far. All ranging from $500 to $2000

TCU -2.5
    --- I have them as 7.5 point favs.

FSU +3
    --- I feel that S. Caro is not going to show up. I have FSU as 2.5 point dogs.

Arkansas +3.5
    --- I have them as -1 favs. Compare Ohio St.'s strength of schedule with Arkansas. You will laugh.

Boston College +9.5
    --- My line is +4.5. Taking the value here.

Alabama -10

--- Nick Saban used to coach Michigan St. He would love to rail them here. My line is -16.

Maryland -7
    --- Final game for their coach, and a much better team. ECU offers no defense. My line is -12

Baylor -1

--- I expect Illinois to come to TX disinterested with the game at hand. Besides I have Baylor as a 7 point fav.

Oregon +3
    --- My line -3.
    Points Awarded:

gtitus gave HoulihansTX 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

GL HTX!

I like the picks. Only disagree with Oregon.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im with you on TCU, and Oregon. Baylor/Illinois has over written all over it. Good luck with the plays

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I think Arky will throttle Ohio State. I was pretty hesitant with Bama as I havent seen the passion this season that they played with the previous two. Maybe its the homer in me or maybe its pretty good logic but I think that Saban will have this team ready to kick the crap out of Sparty. So many story lines and connections in this game I cant see Bama taking it lightly. Hopefully they finally play the full game and if they do they will beat Michigan State by 17+.

LBDT168
    LBDT168's Avatar Become A Pro!

so is the Under in the So Miss @ Louisville game a play ?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by LBDT168 View Post
    so is the Under in the So Miss @ Louisville game a play ?
    Yes, but its not a big play.

ALL THE GAMES LISTED HERE ARE BIG PLAYS OF MINE.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

My first big play of the bowl season.

Maryland -7
    --- Final game for their coach, and a much better team. ECU offers no defense. My line is -12

My own handicap on the game.
    East Carolina vs. Maryland (-12) 62
    ---- ECU's defense is terrible by any teams, or leagues standards. They want to outscore you, but their offense is all based on their scheme. The players who run the scheme are not the most talented sqaud. Maryland has an above average defense, and a competent offense. ECU's defense will make Maryland's offense look like the Oregon Ducks.
    Last edited by HoulihansTX; 12-29-10 at 12:50 AM.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna play maryland as well. Glad to see you on the ducks houli, I thought I was one of the only people on em, seems a lot of people liking auburn. Thoughts on the ecu over?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    Thoughts on the ecu over?
    I only made the game 62 so I wouldn't touch the over

jspectyper

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I only made the game 62 so I wouldn't touch the over
    I saw that next to your predicted line also, my bad. Thoughts on the cowboys tomorrow night?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I saw that next to your predicted line also, my bad. Thoughts on the cowboys tomorrow night?
    I would lay the points. I think Arizoan is cooked, and not motivated to play in the same bowl game again. Hell they laid down in their bowl game last year to Nebraska.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I think Arizoan is cooked, and not motivated to play in the same bowl game again.
    I'm confused. Arizona played in the Holiday Bowl last year and this year they are playing in the Alamo bowl.

jspectyper

Agreed, blackmon goes off

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Agreed, blackmon goes off
    I'm pretty confident in OSU winning but I might bye it down to 3 just in case Zona is down 10 late and gets a late bs TD or something.....Not sure yet.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Nice work Houli... Good Luck

gambling_man777
    gambling_man777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like maryland and oklahoma state alot. I still have to do my research on illinois/baylor game. As always good luck!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

good luck buddy, not betting on all of these (bc, oregon, maryland, tcu for sure) but no disagreements either.

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

rolling with you on Maryland -7

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

2nd Big Play

Baylor -1
    --- I expect Illinois to come to TX disinterested with [COLOR=#000000 ! important]the game at hand. Besides I have Baylor as a 7 point fav.[/color]

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

love baylor but can't do it, i'll be rootin' for ya

SwisherSweet420
    SwisherSweet420's Avatar Become A Pro!

with baylor also. great call on the maryland -12 line should have been more

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Awesome job on Maryland. I was with you.

I'm rolling with OK State for the same reason you have. Arizona will come out flat I think.

For some reason I can't pull the trigger on Baylor. I did however take the over at 62

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Nice work, Houli.

I had Baylor down as a big play as well, but the line movement has me spooked.

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

anyone worried about the line movement in the OK vs AZ game??

maxcraft
    maxcraft's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice work on Maryland brotha

Do you have a pick for tomorrow's game?

Armed Forces Bowl
    Army
    SMU

Pinstripe Bowl
    Kansas St
    Syracuse

Music City Bowl
    UNC
    Tennessee

Holiday Bowl
    Nebraska
    Washington

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by maxcraft View Post
    Nice work on Maryland brotha Do you have a pick for tomorrow's game? Armed Forces Bowl Army SMU Pinstripe Bowl Kansas St Syracuse Music City Bowl UNC Tennessee Holiday Bowl Nebraska Washington
    I have Cuse, and Tennesse as contest picks. Thats all

Baylor couldnt look worse.
    Points Awarded:

maxcraft gave HoulihansTX 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baylor costed me big time today. My estimate was Baylor -6.5, loved them at -1, the late line movement shocked me (could get Baylor +3 near kickoff), and that late movement was correct.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

cuse baby. couldn't love that line movement any more. seriously.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

houli, you're a better cfb capper than i, but i'm just gonna say, auburn will be a big play for me. it's a no-chance-in-hell kinda play as far as i'm concerned. we who have grown up on this stupid website as sports gamblers will be opposing one another on the biggest day of the cfb season.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Nice thread Houli.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    houli, you're a better cfb capper than i, but i'm just gonna say, auburn will be a big play for me. it's a no-chance-in-hell kinda play as far as i'm concerned. we who have grown up on this stupid website as sports gamblers will be opposing one another on the biggest day of the cfb season.
    GL. I've seen Auburn struggle many times on defense. They have escaped defeat so many time is ridiculous. Oregon will put numbers on the board, and Chip Kelly's creativity should get his team the win. Lets make some money.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Nice thread Houli.
    Your input is welcome brother.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Big Play #3

FSU +3

--- I feel that S. Caro is not going to show up. I have FSU as 2.5 point dogs.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

hmm, you like FSU that much, huh? have FSU winning, 28-24, but i'm a little concerned about Ponder's injuries (two surgeries in the last month on his elbow and shoulder, i hear?) and the coaching disparity between Spurrier and Fisher. maybe i'm over-thinking it....

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

nice work man , bol

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Your input is welcome brother.[/quote]

If I had any, I would give it. I like your opinions and you have been right a good bit. Like you figured Nebraska did not show and from a fan's perspective it looked like the wrong team favored by -13..

Tell me about Oregon....

I am scared to bet against Auburn. I have been bit too many times doing so. Cameron Newton is obviously the difference maker, he is having the best season ever in college football imo.

Auburn's defense...while being very bad statistically, especailly in the 1H should have an effect on Oregon's small skill players. I expect Oregon to get large chunks of yards, but they will be hit hard at times... That's the thing about Auburn, there defense is weak, but they lay the lumber and that has a major effect in the 2H.

Cameron Newton just finds ways to win... I already knew he was good, but when he went into Bryant-Denny down 24-7 at half in arguably the most hostile environment in college football and brought his team back against a team that is very good and just 1 yr removed from Champs.... That's saying something.
    Last edited by lyon804; 12-31-10 at 12:37 AM.

1234 Last