supergo523
    supergo523's Avatar Become A Pro!

2010 Bowls

1H BYU -6.5

Teams with same record but BYU has played tougher competitions. BYU shouldn't have much problem scoring against the soft UTEP defense. Looking forward to BYU to come out strong. UTEP may be able to come back in the 4th quarter for a backdoor cover, as a trend shown during the past two New Mexico bowls.

1H N. Ill -0.5

Teams without their regular season HC haven't done well in postseason games in general, but expect N. Ill to come out strong in the first half on both sides of the ball. Fresno may be able to come back in the second half but that depends on how big a lead N. Ill has. First half N. Ill is the best play for this game.

No play for Ohio/Troy game

Troy with better offense but worse defense; Ohio the exact opposite. Tough call. Will pass this game.

BOL everyone!

supergo523

2-0 to start this 2010 bowl season. More to come next Tue.

Viperpiper
    Viperpiper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

so if your 2-0 troy or ohio

supergo523

2-0 doesn't mean anything. Let's hope the winning continues....

1H UNDER 30 UTA/BST

Needless to say about the Boist offense. They are explosive, period. On the other side, the Utah defense is not too bad on their own. Utah offense will need to establish their running game early in order to find a rthym to stay in the game and I expect them to run, run, and run (but perhaps without too much of success against the Boist defense). Boist should be able to score 13-20 on their own and I expect Utah not to score more than 10.

Giving up 17 against a ranked team is never easy, especially when it's not their home game. On the other side, Boise has always found ways to blow out their opponents, so the side and total are definitely a toss-up. I am only confident about how the first half of this game is shaping up. Let's keep cashing in!

BOL!

supergo523

Quote Originally Posted by Viperpiper View Post
    so if your 2-0 troy or ohio
    Sorry. Haven't come back to this thread until today. As mentioned in post #1, there was a NO PLAY for that game. If you are aiming for making profits, it is not necessary to play every game on the board. Perhaps do 2H; like yesterday. I had no play for the LOU/SMISS game but leaning towards the UNDER. I saw a 21-21 1H and the 2H line was at 30.5. There was lots of value for the 2H UNDER and I jumped on it (primarily because I leaned the UNDER to begin with for the whole game). Ended up making a little money, not as much as my regular bet size, but still.

FeelinJuiced
    FeelinJuiced's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice start... BOL to you!

supergo523

hope my streak would continue! Same to you, GL!

supergo523

3-0 now so far in this bowl season

Adding a small play for

2H OVER 28 UTA/BST

UTAH defense starts to break down and BOIST offense will score more than 3 TDs more. UTAH should be getting 10-14 back to make this 2H OVER.

BOL!

supergo523

3-1 now after losing the small play last night with 2H UTA/BST producing only 10 points.

1H OVER 30 NAVY/SDST
    OVER 58 NAVY/SDST

Two plays for this game for me. SDST has shown good defense numbers against the run; however, they've not seen a triple option attack as potent as NAVY yet. There's no way they could shut the NAVY offense down (perhaps slowing them a little bit). NAVY defense against the pass was bad (giving up 35 against ECAR and 37 against CMICH). SDST passing offense is comparable to the ECAR passing one, if not better, and should be able to score on quick strikes.

I expect the first half to be like a 28-21 kind of game and the final should be about 41-35 going either way.

BOL!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

agree with your analysis and like your over picks for the Poinsettia Bowl. like that we're getting some value thanks to weather and public betting the under. BOL to you.

supergo523

Split last night as NAVY offense was stalled in the 2H and turnover in the red zone. 4-2 this bowl season so far.

1H OVER TULSA/HAWAII 37

Needless to say about both offenses; either side is capable to score quickly and in bunches. The focus on the game will be defense, no kidding. TULSA has given up 51 to ECAR, 65 to OKST, and 50 to SMISS, all good passing teams. HAWAII is better than these three teams in terms of passing offense and should be lighting up the scoreboard as expected. I expect at least 28 from HAWAII by the half.

Looking at numbers alone, HAWAII defense did allow single-digit a few times this season, but they were all against teams with no offense. HAWAII's defense hasn't faced a potent passing team this season (49 to USC and 42 to BOISE, but both are not truly a passing team). Their defense will be tested. With adjustments may not be made until halftime, I expect TULSA to put up at least 24 in 1H.

Just a heads up for 2H. If 1H goes as expected (a high scoring passing-happy affair), there should be value for the UNDER in the 2H as I am looking forward for HAWAII to make adjustments during halftime. TULSA secondary is so bad that I don't think there's anything they can do except for hoping that Moniz's, HAWAII QB, arm gets tired.

BOL!

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Supergo........Do you ever check weather before capping your games???

How's the weather in Hawaii this time of year???

supergo523

I do look at weather but I never account for it heavily. Bad weather (snow or heavy rain) may slow the offense down but at the same time create more turnover, which led to scores. I believe the plus and minus are not significant and give or take 3 to 7 point differentials. Wind, however, is a bigger factor in my opinion because it turns a passing game into a running one, which kills more clock obviously and it takes away longer FG attempts (again, plus and minus as a team may turn a 4th-and-5 at the 30-something from a FG to an eventual TD). So if wind is a factor, I will definitely more concerned about any OVER play. It doesn't turn out to be the case in Hawaii tonight (or late afternoon local time). My prediction of 28-24 at 1H is 2 TD beyond the posted total of 37 so I am playing this very comfortably. Of course not saying any guarantee or anything, as there's no such thing as a guarantee in sports betting (except for eventually most of us will end up on the negative side due to the juice), but this play does provide us with a higher percentage of winning.

supergo523

5-2 this bowl season so far.

1H AF -1.5

GT starting QB out; I am looking for AF to jump into a quick start of this game. GT defense is not good enough to stop the AF run. GT may be able to adjust at halftime, but as far as 1H goes, I expect this to be all AF.

BOL!

supergo523

5-3 this bowl season so far. Looking to get back on track today with 3 games going.

1H ILL/BAY OVER 31
    1H OKST -3

1H OKST/ARI OVER 33.5

Both ILL and BAY are showing great offenses. I don't see either defense has the ability to stop their opposition. Looking like a 27-24 kind of 1H. Will be glad to take it at 31.

Needless to say about the OKST offense, which ranks No. 1 in the country scoring well over 40 ppg. ARI offense is not bad on its own but it is definitely has not been consistent through the season. I see OKST score at least 28 in 1H while ARI may be able to put up 17 or so. OKST -3 and OVER 33.5 should both cash in easily.

BOL!