WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Celebration Rule 2011

Pre-goal line celebrations will be huge next year especially early in the season. I can't wait for some "look at me showboat" to cost his team a touchdown and game with this new rule. Showing your ass will negate a touchdown with the new rule. In the past it was only a penalty.

Bear Bryant, former Alabama coach use to tell his players if you score a touchdown and think it's the last time you will ever score, then go ahead and celebrate. Otherwise, get your butt to the sideline and enjoy the score with the team.

Coaches better teach their "hotdogs" this is a team game and not about them or it will cost them a game. Wait and see....it will happen.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

I hate the "look at me celebrations" as much as the next guy but to penalize the team to negate the touchdown is just as excessive as the celebration in my eyes. As it stands now the penalty to be enforced on the kickoff is a hefty penalty as is since it improves the opposing teams field position on the following series and could be very costly to a team with a kicker who has a weak leg or some with a porus defense. These excessive celebration penalties have been very subjective in the past and this could open a door for more controversial calls.
    Last edited by utmoody10; 12-16-10 at 01:15 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Workhorse, I totally agree with you. These stupid college players can be down 70-0 and score a T.D. and they think that they have just won the championship. These guys are nothing but showboats. Kick their tales out of the game. They just show how illiterate and stupid they are. It is like these morons who celebrate every single tackle on defense. A team is down 56-3 and some showboat sacks the 3rd string QB of the team ahead by 53 points and this moron puts on a show. Trash like that does not belong in college at all, much less on a football field. It is time to start teaching these immature fools that enough is enough. Negating a touchdown is a very good start. Can you see some hothead coach going off on the sideline after some showboat costs his team a go-ahead touchdown. The showboat could get killed.