WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Alabama Reloads 2011

Alabama is having a recruiting class that we Bama homers have come to expect under Saban. The Tide is rated #2 at this time behind Texas. Three 5 star defensive players along with 11 or 12 4 star players have committed. Saban reloads on defense with three 5 star recruits in LB Brent Callaway (AL), LB Trey DePriest (OH) and DB Hasean Clinton-Dix (FL). Bama has also added a key QB recruit in 4 star Phillip Ely (FL). If the Tide can land one of two RB's they are after, they will probably move to number one.

Rated Teams as of December.

1. Texas
    2. Alabama
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Florida State
    5. Southern Cal
    6. Clemson
    7. LSU
    8. Nebraska
    9. Ohio State
    10. Florida
    11. Stanford
    12. Ole Miss
    13. North Carolina
    14. Notre Dame
    15. Texas Tech
    16. Georgia
    17. Oregon
    18. South Carolina
    19. Oklahoma State
    20. California

Comment and welcome yours:

* New head coach Jimbo Fisher and staff doing a fine job at FSU without Bobby.
    * Dabo trying to save his job at Clemson.
    * LSU strong as usual.
    * Tubbs doing a great job at Texas Tech.
    * Georgia a disappointment so far compared to past years.
    * Stanford just outside the top 10, damn strong.
    * I'm surprised that USC with their problems are doing so well at #5.
    * Remember back when Notre Dame was a top 5 recruiting class.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

It's sad that a program with as much tradition as Michigan is no longer on the list for top recruiting classes.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

SEC pays for their players....

WorkHorse

Mr. H, I'm sure glad USC doesn't PAY parents or players.

I forgot.....P R O B A T I O N.

WorkHorse

Wookiee, you are right on my friend. Imagine if Michigan happens to dump Rods and bring in that Stanford coach. He has the Cardinals almost in the top 10 this year and with Michigan...look out.

Michigan has lost it's toughness and needs a coach to bring back the tradition of hard nose football of the past. A good coach and staff at Michigan should be in the top 10 in recruiting every year.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Lots of time left for this board to change. USC given their scholarship reduction should be close to finished with their class and leave opportunity for other schools to jump over them when they complete their class. With all of the coaching changes at big time schools it isnt out of the question for some kids to look around even after being committed. These are 18 year old kids and inothing is final until February and those LOI's are signed.

One team left off the list are the Vols, I expect a strong closing and a final ranking somewhere in between 10-15. It isnt a sexy class but theyve built depth in the offensive and defensive lines and have a few skill position guys like Justin Worley (Gatorade National Player of the Year) and DeAnthony Arnett already comitted. Its all about adding depth at this point for the Vols as they look to get their scholarship numbers back up to 85 after all the attrition theyve had due to discipline problems and coaching changes.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Florida at 10 and Miami not listed shows ou how far football has sunk at those Universities. USC's being in the Top 5 shows that many people think they may get a break from the NCAA. Texas at #1 is not going to last very long, now that Brown has lost most of his assistants.

Ole Miss at #12 is surprising, considering who the HC is. I count 6 SEC teams, 4 Big 12-2 teams, and 4 Pac 10 teams in the top 20. To show you how tough it is to recruit in the Northeast and Midwest, only three teams made the top 20. Nebraska at 8, Ohio State at 9, and Notre Dame at 14. Only two Big 10+2 teams, and no Big East teams.

WorkHorse

BigDaddy, did you notice that Auburn (top 5 last year) is not even on the list. That's surprising to me. Also, notice Oregon is sitting at #18.

One of these teams will be national champion so should move up.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

familiar names at the top. glad to see fsu recruiting like they should. jimbo is now the top coach in the state.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

These star ratings are the biggest joke ever. Mean nothing.

WorkHorse

If that's the case Omar, why don't NAIA and Division III teams play Division I teams. The smaller division teams don't get the rated star players....using your logic, makes no difference.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Out of the 25 players on the Football Writers All American team, 14 of the players were 3 stars, 8 were 4 stars and only 3 were 5 star players (rivals rankings). The truth lies somewhere in the middle, these star rankings are somewhat overblown but on the other hand the teams that rank high in recruiting more times than not perform well on a consistent basis on the field.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Workhorse, Im pretty nervous about Bama next season. McElroy gone is gonna be a huge blow. People can say whatever they want but the kid made very few mistakes and was very smart. I do think we will have the horses to compete but I wonder if McCarron can handle the work load without F***ing up. I spoke last week with a former Bama QB who is still very involved in the program and attends alot of practices and almost every game. He said McCarron will make throws we havent seen since Brodie left but he will piss Saban off more than anyone else. If he can develop to be smart player we will be ok. Then of course you have Ely and Sims who could potentially win the job.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    If that's the case Omar, why don't NAIA and Division III teams play Division I teams. The smaller division teams don't get the rated star players....using your logic, makes no difference.
    Thats quite the hyperbole.

What I'm saying, is that if a QB commits to UF, he usually becomes a 4 or 5-star recruit, just because he was pursued by big schools. The rankings usually change to fit where the players are going.

Anyone remember Arthur Brown? Perfect example of a 3-star player becoming a 5-star player just because he was pursued by big name schools. Just like there are plenty of players that are 5-star caliber, but aren't recruited by big schools, and only end up being rated 3-star players. The rankings usually change to fit which schools are recruiting the players.

cjewell83
    cjewell83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roll Tide want to see how the new qb is before i get to excited about the future

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

So far Mclwain has opened up the offense a little more with each QB he has had. I liked the stability Mcelroy let the offense have but his physical ability limited the O at times we needed to open it up. I believe Mclwain has optimised his QB's abilities to the utmost thus far. I hope to see even more as Mcaron or whom ever the QB is. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!