fballfan
    fballfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is the Auburn spread only -3?

Am I missing something? Can Oregon really play with Auburn?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by fballfan View Post
    Am I missing something? Can Oregon really play with Auburn?
    yeah oregon can score and play a little D

where the hell have you been all year?

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Oregon ML ftw

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Auburn rolls, spread should be 5 to 7 range although Auburn wins by at least 2 TDs.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I hate auburn but I think their D line is playing like one of the best in the country right now, I am not so certain that oregon has seen a Dline like auburn's. Now given that their (au)secondary is weak, if they can contain and pressure constantly and consistently auburn rolls in this one, because they can score just as quick as any team in college football. I can assure you it will take a great defense to beat a team like auburn, and I just dont see oregon bringing that style of D to the game. SEC wins 5th straight.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Auburn is going to kill Oregon.... Oregon is the most overrated team in the country. They have played NOBODY all year. The PAC10 is pathetic.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

this reminds me of the oklahoma vs florida game of a couple years ago when oklahoma was putting up 60 on everyone

bt253
    bt253's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wookieehumper View Post
    Auburn is going to kill Oregon.... Oregon is the most overrated team in the country. They have played NOBODY all year. The PAC10 is pathetic.
    Your smoking some good stuff dude. The pac10 this years isnt all that to talk about but they beat a VERY good Stanford team no problem. Stanford will go on to blow out VT. Oregon is a very fast team at every position on offense. I dont beleive the offense is going to have any problems putting up points. The problem I see is that there offense is soooo fast there "D" is on the field the majority of the time. Cam should be able to wear out the Oregon defense. Im calling it a toss up, no play for me but should be a great one to watch.

DblDeuce
    DblDeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!

It should be a good game. I like Oregon

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Yes, Oregon can win this.

RonMexico
    RonMexico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

SEC makes it 5 straight

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah should be a pick em game

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spongerat View Post
    this reminds me of the oklahoma vs florida game of a couple years ago when oklahoma was putting up 60 on everyone
    People lose sight of how close that game really was... Stoops chose to go for 4th and 1s in Florida territory twice and failed... he scores 1 and kicks a FG in the other and the ball game could have been very different...

People are fooling themselves if they think Oregon has no chance in this one...

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

oregon will bring it home with ease...Cam WHO????

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Heisman trophy = no national championship

Derek2408
    Derek2408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I'm really torn on this one.. leaning Oregon

CaptJames05
    CaptJames05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Are you kidding me???? Oregon's gonna take this one... i'm real sorry to tell ya this

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Oregon is the better team....would rather play the over

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Heisman trophy = no national championship
    last year

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

Oregon ML for me.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

every year they bring a team to play the SEC champion from another conference, and every year some people say the SEC is going to lose this time. What happens when you bet against the SEC? You lose your bankroll. Bet on the ducks and you will lose. Everyone is talking about stats. Let's look at the stats of people who bet against the SEC in the national title for once. I think that speaks volumes about over analyzing this game. It is going to be another SEC title game, where people thought south carolina had a chance, but Auburn is going to get stops on defense, and then they are going to score on every single possession. Look at Oregons schedule prior to using stats to evaluate this game. Oregon has played a bunch of .500 teams or worse to pad those stats. Auburn is going to win this game by 14 or more and everyone will still doubt the SEC when it is all said and done. I will keep betting on the SEC until they lose.

New mexico-
    Overall: 1-11 (1-7)
    vs Top 25: 0-3

Tennessee
    Overall: 6-6 (3-5)
    vs SEC East: 2-3
    vs Top 25: 0-5

Portland St.
    Overall: 2-9 (1-7)
    vs Top 25: 0-1

Arizona St.
    Overall: 6-6 (4-5)
    vs Top 25: 1-3

Stanford *Go back and look at stanfords schedule and you will find out how funny this is.*
    Overall: 11-1 (8-1)
    vs Top 25: 1-1

Washington St.
    Overall: 2-10 (1-8)
    vs Top 25: 0-4

UCLA
    Overall: 4-8 (2-7)
    vs Top 25: 2-3

USC
    Overall: 8-5 (5-4)
    vs Top 25: 1-2

Washington
    Overall: 6-6 (5-4)
    vs Top 25: 2-4

Cal
    Overall: 5-7 (3-6)

Arizona
    Overall: 7-5 (4-5)
    vs Top 25: 1-2

Oregon St.
    Overall: 5-7 (4-5)
    vs Top 25: 2-4

63-81 opponent record.
    This game isn't even going to be close.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 12-11-10 at 07:58 PM.

FindTheLock

Arkansas St.
    Overall: 4-8 (4-4)

Mississippi St.
    Overall: 8-4 (4-4)
    vs SEC West: 1-4
    vs Top 25: 1-4

Clemson
    Overall: 6-6 (4-4)
    vs ACC Atlantic: 3-2

South Carolina
    Overall: 9-4 (5-3)
    vs SEC East: 4-1
    vs Top 25: 3-3

Lousianna monroe
    Overall: 5-7 (4-4)

kentucky

Overall: 6-6 (2-6)
    vs SEC East: 2-3

Arkansas
    Overall: 10-2 (6-2)
    vs SEC West: 3-2
    vs Top 25: 3-2

LSU
    Overall: 10-2 (6-2)
    vs Top 25: 4-2

Ole Miss
    Overall: 4-8 (1-7)
    vs SEC West: 0-5
    vs Top 25: 0-5

Chattanooga
    Overall: 6-5 (5-3)

Georgia
    Overall: 6-6 (3-5)
    vs SEC East: 3-2

Alabama
    Overall: 9-3 (5-3)
    vs Top 25: 4-3

South Carolina again since they played them twice i am adding them twice.
    Overall: 9-4 (5-3)
    vs SEC East: 4-1
    vs Top 25: 3-3

92-65 opponent record. That is plus 45 in favor of auburn. Give me a break and lay off the crack pipe. Oregon is going to lose by a lot.
    Last edited by FindTheLock; 12-12-10 at 12:18 AM.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

all you gotta do is watch games from both teams and you can see auburn is better..

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

line isn't moving so it seems accurate.

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Oregon could definitely play with Auburn, lots of points in this one..

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do find it laughable at how myopic people are when it comes to looking at high profile teams... I am from the south and I recognize that Auburn is a special special offense because of Newton... there are maybe 3 teams in the country that could possibly shut him down for a few drives in a row... Oregon does not fall into that category....HOWEVER... Auburn is not nearly as good as you people want to make them out to be... this is the same team that could have lost to Clemson, Kentucky and gave up over 400 yards to the only spread offense it actually faced this year in Arkansas St...

Oregon is going to score plenty of points against Auburn so if you are taking the Tigers you better hope that they will outscore the Ducks... It is completely plausible but not nearly the lock some of you think... Spread offenses with big enough talent in the trenches to go along with skilled players have always given SEC teams trouble... Utah brought a much better line on both side of the ball when they played Bame in the Sugar Bowl.. we all know how that turned out (and yes it was a letdown on Bamas part but still) whereas Hawaii did not have the offensive line to handle UGA and thus got blown out... Oregon runs at a tempo that Auburn will not be able to simulate and they they can hang with Auburn in the trenches... BE PREPARED with your wagers...

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    I do find it laughable at how myopic people are when it comes to looking at high profile teams... I am from the south and I recognize that Auburn is a special special offense because of Newton... there are maybe 3 teams in the country that could possibly shut him down for a few drives in a row... Oregon does not fall into that category....HOWEVER... Auburn is not nearly as good as you people want to make them out to be... this is the same team that could have lost to Clemson, Kentucky and gave up over 400 yards to the only spread offense it actually faced this year in Arkansas St...

Oregon is going to score plenty of points against Auburn so if you are taking the Tigers you better hope that they will outscore the Ducks... It is completely plausible but not nearly the lock some of you think... Spread offenses with big enough talent in the trenches to go along with skilled players have always given SEC teams trouble... Utah brought a much better line on both side of the ball when they played Bame in the Sugar Bowl.. we all know how that turned out (and yes it was a letdown on Bamas part but still) whereas Hawaii did not have the offensive line to handle UGA and thus got blown out... Oregon runs at a tempo that Auburn will not be able to simulate and they they can hang with Auburn in the trenches... BE PREPARED with your wagers...
    You act as though the teams that nearly beat Auburn were bad teams. Look at the records of the teams Oregon played and barely beat. they almost lost to Cal. A 5 yard missed FG was the difference in that game. CAL is TERRIBLE. Oregon will get mopped plain and simple. there is no way anyone can convince me to buy the oregon hype. That is all oregon is a bunch of hype. They beat JV football teams all year and now I am suppose to believe that they can hang with Auburns TD machine? Watch oregon get waxed and people will start making excuses. The PAC 10 is a joke plain and simple.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Oregon hasnt played any SEC caliber teams. I don't see it being a defensive battle but whoever has the ball last will win. It'll be an offensive shoot-out for sure.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

+3 is a gimme

auburn is gonna roll here and take it for the sec