ydaani
    ydaani's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 780

BSU -14. I'm loving it!

Big game tomorrow for a lot of teams. As a BSU fan, it is pivotal. Take into account that i am coming into this as a homer for sure, but I also have watched every game this year and I think I have a good feel for this game.

I don't have any detailed stats or anything to back my play up but I am completely going on the eye test and previous games.

I really, really like Boise to cover the -14. In fact, when I logged on I expected it to be 18 or more. Although that follows many of the previous spreads by Vegas for Boise State games. I'm not exactly sure but hasn't Boise almost covered spreads this year by halftime?

Another thing is that people might not take into account how mature this BSU team is. Yes, Nevada has given the Broncos some tough games in the past few years but if you notice, each year since Colin K's first season at Nevada, Boise has played them better and better(better than the last two matchup final scores showed).

Boise is currently making teams look silly. These teams like Hawaii and Fresno haven't beaten Boise in a while but neither have they been completely housed in every facet of the game by Boise either. This year they were. I expect a similar outcome. This is the year to bet big on any spread by BSU for in-conference games.

My first post(although I read the site every week) but I feel strongly enough about this to register and post it. Good Luck!

BSU -14 (and I would alternative spread it to -21 if the site I used offered it also, sadly they don't)

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Nevada all the way

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck with your play

ydaani

And just for the record, I respect the hell out of Nevada. Love watching them.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Nevada was a 13.5 dog @ Boise last year and covered. Don't see how Boise is so much better than last year to be favored by more on the road against a team that is significantly better.

Still not buying Boise. No road tests, joke conference, argueably outplayed by VT, 5-5 OSU competes with them in Boise. They're used to rolling teams in uncompetitive games for 2 months, and now they're in for a test on the road. Sometimes it is pretty hard to respond and adjust.

14 is A LOT in a game like this and books could get some of their losses back from Boise killing them all year.

ydaani

Interesting points. My only retort to Nevada getting better is that Boise has the same team intact (other than Kyle Wilson) from last year. In college that is pretty unheard of. And the fact that Boise has gotten better and better against Colin K. each year he's been the starter.

Nevada is in the same "joke conference" as Boise so that has nothing to do with the game this week.

rofacapper
    rofacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Guess Virginia Tech wasn't a road test. Sure it wasn't played on campus but I consider Virginia Tech/Boise St. @ Washington DC a road game for Boise.

Not sure why so many people go against Boise every week. Boise is in a class of their own, especially in that conference. Fresno St. and Hawaii had no shot against Boise, Nevada won't be any different. Boise rolls and wins by 28+. Boise TT, Boise game spread, Boise 1st half spread... They'll all be winners tomorrow night.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

OVER 68.5 total points is the play here fellas.

OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

If everyone on this thread would honestly say that they have seen all of the games Nevada has played this year. There would be NO!! discussion about the 14 point spread or that Nevada is going to keep this game close!! Nevada's defense is terrible!!! giving up 30 points to Utah St. in the second half(are you kidding me!!), and Fresno St. ran and passed the ball all night on them!! They looked no better than a good defense in high school.
    This again will be the best offense and defense that Nevada will ever face! The only way for Nevada to keep the game close or within the point spread is turnovers and mistakes by Boise St. On the flip side, if Nevada does'nt take care of the ball on offense, this game will get ugly fast!!!
    Good luck to everyone!!!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

boise only -14 they bury everyone by more than that simple bet squares are all over boise so get them now at -14, squares are cleaning up baby. will not change.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    OVER 68.5 total points is the play here fellas.
    I agree on this

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see a lot of people here talk about how good Boise Defense is this year ... I hope they are right cause I'm making a play on Boise -14 because of that ... although the over might be the best play here ...

eldoctord
    eldoctord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Boise St gave up a total of 7 points to Hawaii and Fresno St!!!! Nevada has a better offense on paper but Boise has been making teams look foolish. I didn't give them any credit last year and paid for it against TCU. They are a better team this year and expect that they will continue to roll today.....TCU and the under (Prediction 52-14)

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Don't forget Fresno St. was supposed to give them trouble last week, I got talked out of betting that game. We all saw what happened 51-0. Nevada gave up 34 to Fresno

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Nevada seems to be the play, but I just can't bring myself to take them. They could definitely cover, but they could also get blown out of the water. The over is another popular play, but Boise's defense is actually very good. Nevada will struggle to move the ball.

Big Dave's Picks
    PASS OR FAIL, BIG WEEKEND
    Big Dave's Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Initially I would be careful with the total, it seems to me its either Boise -14 or nothing in this one for me. BOL guys, Big Dave

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like bsu here to. 14 seems low.

drgonzo111
    drgonzo111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

Nevada will definitely come out fired up, and will probably keep it close 1h, but its difficult to imagine boise st losing this one.

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12920

boise is the play

Punter4Life
    Punter4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Having seen Nevada play a few times this year and Bosie State some as well, it looks like the Broncos are the team to beat. Don't see how their head coach will let the players lose focus in a game that is so very important for them and remember the players will have either an ear or eye on the Auburn/Alabama game - guessing they will be rooting for Alabama since Auburn is ahead of them and if/when they win will move up to number two.

ninja33
    ninja33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

i was surprised that the line was 14 as well, and I'd really like to play boise but I just can't bring myself to do it. On top of the fact that Nevada always plays boise tough (past three meetings have been decided by 11 points or less), this is probably the biggest game that Nevada has ever hosted, and it's been circled on their calender from Day 1. It's not technically a "rivalry game", but these have been the two best teams in the WAC for the past few years and Nevada has been jacked up for this game for months. I know everyone knows all of that already, and I thought I could get past it, but what's getting me is the line movement (or lack thereof). The public has been POUNDING boise state all week and that line has just sat there at 14 (i think pinnacle even opened it up at 15 and moved it down quickly). Stuff like that never sits well with me, so I'm going to stay away. Might drop a small bet on the over, but that is a LARGE number. good luck to everyone.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Sure hope Nevada rolls. Like all the Boise talk to end immediately.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheLine1234 View Post
    If everyone on this thread would honestly say that they have seen all of the games Nevada has played this year. There would be NO!! discussion about the 14 point spread or that Nevada is going to keep this game close!! Nevada's defense is terrible!!! giving up 30 points to Utah St. in the second half(are you kidding me!!), and Fresno St. ran and passed the ball all night on them!! They looked no better than a good defense in high school. This again will be the best offense and defense that Nevada will ever face! The only way for Nevada to keep the game close or within the point spread is turnovers and mistakes by Boise St. On the flip side, if Nevada does'nt take care of the ball on offense, this game will get ugly fast!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
    I'm a Nevada fan I have seen everyone of Nevada's games this year and will be at this one tonight. There's so many things to say about this game and if you know anything about the history of Nev/Boise games you can throw all the stats out the window. If there's any team in the conference who has given Boise the most fits and has been the closest to beating them, it's us and they know it. Every single player on Nevada knows the importance of this game and the focus will be of the same for this one. They want nothing more than to spoil Boise's "magical" season and watch them leave Mackay with their tails between their legs. This is Nevada's Bowl Game/Championship whatever you want to say and they will approach it as such. Anyone who saw the CAL game knows what we're capable of at home when we're focused and playing the big underdog.

Sure, Utah st scored 35 pts in the 2H...you wanna bash them for giving up those points but no credit for building the lead to begin with. When you go up by that amount and have to come out and play another half the focus just isn't going to be there. They guys tried to coast and it cost them. This was more of an exception than the rule. Our defense isn't great but it's tons better than last year. We have some ability to stop the pass this year, which is a step up from none we had last year. It's obvious that the defense will need to have a bend don't break mentality.

They key will be the offense and getting going early. The games the last couple years have been close and this is after going down early and having to claw our way back. We must get on the scoreboard early and see that we can move the ball on them and get some stops on defense. We can't watch them score on every possession like they usually do and expect to keep it close. Boise's front line on D is killer and will cause problems with the pistol because the pistol is predicated on down hill running, which is right at that line. This is how we open things up elsewhere and I'm just not sure how we can rely on this the whole game. I'm curious to see how we react if it doesn't work. Hawaii did the same and we didn't make the proper adjustments until the 2H.

We are a much much better team than last year, but unfortunately so is Boise, I don't look at stats for this one because I know the emotion of this game will have a larger affect. To people on the outside 14 seems easy, and it could be, but don't think we won't keep this close. Don't underestimate the situation and what it means to Nevada. This isn't your typical sat afternoon game and I expect the best game of the year out of the guys.

I won't play anything on this, because I can't bet with my heart, but the total looks like the most promising bet. It's going to be cold but not as cold as it's been lately so scoring will occur.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Nevada is the play here.

KC Needs Hockey
    KC Needs Hockey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

I hit Boise hard but have you guys watch the line movement I am thinking about buying back the juice or even completely switching sides.
    11/21 20:10 -14½ -110
    11/21 21:05 -14½ -110
    11/21 22:19 -14 -110
    11/22 01:19 -14½ -110
    11/22 11:15 -14 -110
    11/26 02:10 -14 -104

And the public is hitting Boise hard at 68% anything thoughts? I normally dont care about the line movement but all the games today the public is getting killed dont want to be part of the trend tonight.

OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I'm a Nevada fan I have seen everyone of Nevada's games this year and will be at this one tonight. There's so many things to say about this game and if you know anything about the history of Nev/Boise games you can throw all the stats out the window. If there's any team in the conference who has given Boise the most fits and has been the closest to beating them, it's us and they know it. Every single player on Nevada knows the importance of this game and the focus will be of the same for this one. They want nothing more than to spoil Boise's "magical" season and watch them leave Mackay with their tails between their legs. This is Nevada's Bowl Game/Championship whatever you want to say and they will approach it as such. Anyone who saw the CAL game knows what we're capable of at home when we're focused and playing the big underdog.

Sure, Utah st scored 35 pts in the 2H...you wanna bash them for giving up those points but no credit for building the lead to begin with. When you go up by that amount and have to come out and play another half the focus just isn't going to be there. They guys tried to coast and it cost them. This was more of an exception than the rule. Our defense isn't great but it's tons better than last year. We have some ability to stop the pass this year, which is a step up from none we had last year. It's obvious that the defense will need to have a bend don't break mentality.

They key will be the offense and getting going early. The games the last couple years have been close and this is after going down early and having to claw our way back. We must get on the scoreboard early and see that we can move the ball on them and get some stops on defense. We can't watch them score on every possession like they usually do and expect to keep it close. Boise's front line on D is killer and will cause problems with the pistol because the pistol is predicated on down hill running, which is right at that line. This is how we open things up elsewhere and I'm just not sure how we can rely on this the whole game. I'm curious to see how we react if it doesn't work. Hawaii did the same and we didn't make the proper adjustments until the 2H.

We are a much much better team than last year, but unfortunately so is Boise, I don't look at stats for this one because I know the emotion of this game will have a larger affect. To people on the outside 14 seems easy, and it could be, but don't think we won't keep this close. Don't underestimate the situation and what it means to Nevada. This isn't your typical sat afternoon game and I expect the best game of the year out of the guys.

I won't play anything on this, because I can't bet with my heart, but the total looks like the most promising bet. It's going to be cold but not as cold as it's been lately so scoring will occur.
    See you at the game!!!!!

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Nevada wins.
    Heard it here first

fults400
    fults400's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think over is the play here. can easily see boise getting close to 50 on their own.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Nevada wins.
    Heard it here first