Las Vegas Tom
    Las Vegas Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Temple

I found this write-up for tonight's game at the Dual Threat Sports website. The guy has been doing well the past three weeks, though it looks like this line has gone up since he posted it earlier, sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

Temple -7 (-115)

Statistically I give Temple a slight edge in this game. They are the better running team with the better defense, always a good combination. Most of the “internal” numbers I like to look at are very close, but those numbers were compiled with Boo Jackson at QB for Ohio. According to Ohio coach Frank Solich, Jackson is doubtful for tonight’s game and leading rusher Phil Bates will be making the start at QB. Ohio has run off 6 straight wins, but those wins came against some very poor competition whose combined record is 13-46 (22.03%). Against the only two teams Ohio has faced with winning records the Bobcats have been beaten 20-13 at home against Toledo and 43-7 at Ohio State. In the same time period Temple has defeated Connecticut from the Big East, covered against Penn State from the Big 10, and lost to MAC front-runner NIU. Temple QB Mike Gerardi has been strong recently since taking over for Chester Stewart. He was named MAC Player of the week in the last Temple game throwing for 368 yards and two touchdowns in crushing Kent on the road 28-10. Gerardi is completing 66.7 percent averaging 10.7 yards per attempt. The Owls are #46 in the country in rushing averaging 165 yards a game. Bernard Pierce and Matt Brown have combined for over 1400 yards and 16 touchdowns. Temple's defense is #18 in the country and has yielded just 10 points in their last three games combined. They have 23 sacks on the season too. They are in the top 30 when it comes to passing, rushing, and scoring defense. Temple is also in revenge mode from a loss at Ohio University last year. This team is extremely HUNGRY and wants a shot at the MAC championship game.

dstewstar
    dstewstar's Avatar Become A Pro!

The line has moved to 8.5/9.0. Will rain make Ohio a good bet with the points?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

What the hell kind of officiating is going on in the KSU/VT Game?

not even mid way through the 1st half, Pullen with 3 fouls, 16 combined over all fouls. I guess they just want this to be a free throw shooting contest, where K St is already 1-8 , or 12.5%.

BAD basketball is unwatchable.

Las Vegas Tom
    Las Vegas Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dstewstar View Post
    The line has moved to 8.5/9.0. Will rain make Ohio a good bet with the points?
    I dunno. I sent him an email but I haven't received a reply yet. I took Temple -8, before it shot up to 10. I'm very tempted to take Ohio and the 10 now and see if I can middle it.