broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Coming from a Diehard VA TECH FAN

play UNC on the money line. Va Tech has trouble with UNC every year. Tech would win by 10 at home, but they lose outright at UNC. Watch out for a game winning field goal by UNC.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16209

thanks for the heads up

jtarbear
    jtarbear's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the info

broadway6
    on to the next one

i hope it doesn't happen, but Tech is going to have a let down today. They had one at home against Ga Tech and barely won. They always struggle at UNC and UNC is playing with some momentum. The injury bug has also hit Blacksburg and if Ryan William is not 100% (he is not) then that makes Tech 1 dimensional today. That's not good for Tech.

LTCOL27
    LTCOL27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    i hope it doesn't happen, but Tech is going to have a let down today. They had one at home against Ga Tech and barely won. They always struggle at UNC and UNC is playing with some momentum. The injury bug has also hit Blacksburg and if Ryan William is not 100% (he is not) then that makes Tech 1 dimensional today. That's not good for Tech.
    Man, this is so true Braodway. This is what the Hokies always seem to do against Carolina. My wife is a Virginia Tech grad, so we watch all of their games, and I have seen them struggle every time they play Carolina. They were only 3 point games the last two years, with UNC pulling off the upset last year, so I am grabbing the 3.5 points, and pulling for a Hokie win for my marriage, but a Carolina cover for my bankroll.

Thanks for the great insight, and good luck on your wagers today.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

UNC 1st quarter and 1st half is solid..

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by LTCOL27 View Post

Man, this is so true Braodway. This is what the Hokies always seem to do against Carolina. My wife is a Virginia Tech grad, so we watch all of their games, and I have seen them struggle every time they play Carolina. They were only 3 point games the last two years, with UNC pulling off the upset last year, so I am grabbing the 3.5 points, and pulling for a Hokie win for my marriage, but a Carolina cover for my bankroll.

Thanks for the great insight, and good luck on your wagers today.

the only thing i'm worried about is Tech opened up at 5.5 favs at pinny. If UNC opens up as a fav, i drop a dime on UNC. Hopefully Tech wins by 1.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ummm.

Virginia Tech has won 6 of the last 7 against UNC, and they have covered in 5 of those 7.

Are you sure you are a VT fan? Just kidding, but man-----VT lost once in the last 7 years to UNC.

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Ummm.

Virginia Tech has won 6 of the last 7 against UNC, and they have covered in 5 of those 7.

Are you sure you are a VT fan? Just kidding, but man-----VT lost once in the last 7 years to UNC.

Tech has won 5 out of 7. Tech won 2 games by 3. They lost 1 game by 39 (bowl game) and lost last year at home by 3.

Tech does have a 7 point winner and two huge winners.

I'm not really basing my pick on history though. Tech doesn't cover today

phLLyphan11
    phLLyphan11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah as a VTech alum...this game has me worried....BUT I really think the team is focused right now and Tyrod Taylor will hands down be the best athlete on the field Saturday. That goes a long way for me. I see it being close, but I think our Hokies pull it out in the end.

Besides, if they fall behind early, I still have tremendous faith in this team. They have been extremely resilient all year long. They have come back in 3 out of the 4 games they have been trailing and went on to win the game (the 1 loss being to Boise St where they DID retake the lead only to lose it on the final drive). This team never packs it in and I love that about them.

GO HOKIES!

broadway6
    on to the next one

field goals = a loss on the road..it's early, but it looks good for unc backers