wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

forget oregon,Tcu should be second

I was thinking about schedules so I went and looked up Oregon's schedule. It is terrible. They have only beaten 2 teams with winning records and one of them is a overated usc team. Tcu has played a better schedule, so I wish all these people would get off the non bcs crap, because schedule is schedule right? Tcu should be number two. You have to tell these pac 10 teams to play better people you know, like we tell boise and tcu to do every year. I am venting here but Tcu should be in title game and they proved that yesterday. Utah is not a easy place to play Go look up both schedules and you will see what i mean.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

PLAYOFFS!!!! 8 teamer at least.

Will stop useless arguments like this.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

plus-one playoff could address this. no reason to blow up the best regular season in sports to allow teams like Nebraska, Wisky, Ohio State, Iowa and LSU back into the national title conversation (much less those closer to #16, like Oklahoma and VT). keep CFB elite, and keep games like Bama-LSU as elimination games during the regular season. they're too much fun, and i can never remember a season where more than 4 teams had a legit argument at the end that they were the best team in CFB.

as for the core of your argument, i don't think that i can make a convincing argument that Oregon is better than TCU, nor that they have played a better schedule. i also don't think that i can definitively say that TCU is more worthy than Oregon or Auburn, either. we didn't need a plus-one last year, but as in 2004, this might be a season where an optional plus-one at the end would make a lot of sense and answer a lot of questions. importantly, there's no argument to be made that an optional plus-one (used when needed, not not used when not needed) would foul up the regular season or bowls. everything would continue to look much as it does now. university presidents and conf commissioners are uniformly against any playoff bigger than plus-one, as it would have a much bigger impact on rest of season plus bowls. a plus-one literally adds only one game a week after new year's, which we already have.

the hard part is constructing an objective system to determine when to use it (i.e., no need when top 2 teams are far and away better than rest, as with last year, but it would be triggered when it's too difficult to parse the final 3-4 teams). another problem is how to deal with teams like last year's Cincy team, undefeated but clearly a pretender relative to Bama and Texas, and i think a cut below TCU and Boise last year (and thoroughly pasted by Florida in the bowl game).