Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND/Michigan Opinions

When handicapping this game, I found it to be the most confusing on this week's card. Michigan is currently a 7-point favorite across the board, and the total is 58.

Why ND looks to be the right side:
    ND looked great in Week 1, and should exploit weak Michigan pass defense.
    Dog series - 18-3 last 21 meetings.

Why Michigan looks to be the right side:
    Michigan is a home team with revenge.
    The line would have been 15 if the game were played a week ago.

Why Over appears correct:
    From a personnel standpoint, both offenses should score on virtually every possession.

Why Under appears correct:
    This is generally not that high-scoring a series.
    Lloyd Carr is generally conservative in big games like this.

I am just interested in what side/total everyone likes, if any, and why they feel that way.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Taking Michigan in this one, not sure of how many units yet. I think ND's win over Pitt and that loser Wannstedt is not that good of an indicator of where this team is. I like Michigan at home with Henne and Hart.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Michigan showed nothing against a decent Northern Illionis team and had no problem pulling out the victory. I think they have far superior athletes and who wants to go into the Big House. Notre Dame showed a lot against Pittsburgh. For these reasons, I say Michigan is the way to go.

I pull to the rivalry theory with the over/under. It will be a ball control game where each team wants to win the time of possession battle, keeping the clock moving and hitting the under. (unless Weiss throws the ball 25 times straight).

Just my opinion, I am by no means as good of a handicapper as 90% of the people on this board.

newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

im a notre dame fan but I can think of plenty of reasons why michigan will win so i probably wont play this game gluck though

newb411breaker19
    newb411breaker19's Avatar Become A Pro!

one thing to note, Notre Dame's athleticism is underrated. i wouldn't be surprised to see either one winning, if that makes sense

Michael_G
    Michael_G's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame, which the public seems to forget, still recruits at a high level but had better athletes and recruited better than a lot of teams who beat them up the last few years. Coaching, offensive scheme, injuries, etc. all played a part but I felt they would be underrated coming into this season. You have to believe recruiting and talent will surface at some point. Michigan is Michigan and always has top notch athletes in spite of their coaching and conservative scheme weighing them down. Definitely better fights to pick than this one and it's no revelation to say turnovers will decide the game but in a game like this, knee jerk reaction would say take the points.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Hopefully there is a way both Notre Dame and scUM both loses this game but we all know, unfortunately, that can't happen.

Go with MICH here but I'll stay away from it unless it gets to -6.5. No way ND hangs around in this one.