70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Maryland / Miami Under 46 is a strong play

Maryland have a very good rush defense, and Miami's top back is out. So I don't see Miami being able to run the ball very well.

Miami also have a pretty good rush defense, and Maryland's running game is weak. So I don't see Maryland being able to run the ball too well either.

Both teams pass defense are in the top 10 in all of college football in completion % against.

No Jacory Harris for Miami. Their back-up QB's don't seem too impressive.

Both teams are in the top 20 in all of college football in offensive penalty yards.

The expected 17mph winds can only help by limiting the field goal kickers.

Bottom line, I don't see much offense coming for either side in this game. And the clock should be moving a lot with what should be a lack of a running game for both sides.

s00tedpair
    s00tedpair's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

70kg-- love the write up-- devils advocate here... if both teams know the running game is weak, wouldn't they throw it more, thus stopping the clock more often? I'm gonna tail ya on this... i think. BOL!
    Points Awarded:

ramones951 gave s00tedpair 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Quote Originally Posted by s00tedpair View Post
    70kg-- love the write up-- devils advocate here... if both teams know the running game is weak, wouldn't they throw it more, thus stopping the clock more often? I'm gonna tail ya on this... i think. BOL!
    I also pointed out both teams are in the top 10 in completion percentage against. So I don't see much success in the passing game either. And with Miami using one of their back-up QB's, I am guessing you will see Miami run the ball more than usual which will favor the under a bit.

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the over can be had pretty easy here, a couple mistakes by the Canes' QB and there could be short fields for the Terps. I think the better bet is to take the number (would have been a hell of lot better at the open of 12.5, I know), but think the Terps can win this outright, but taking 8 seems like the bet.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

17 mph winds, that's tough to kick in coaches may go for the 6 more too though