Live4Saturday
    Live4Saturday's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT v. GT Analysis

Lets just take a moment to look at a few facts here. The line is Va Tech -13, which seems to be because GT lost by more than that to Clemson in their last game, and because Va Tech has recently been blowing teams out, but really who have they blown out? Duke, BC, Wake Forest, ECU, and Central Michigan. Not exactly the cream of the crop. They lost by 3, to Boise, lost an emotional game to James Madison, and their only quality ACC win was to NC State, which was only by 11 points!

Both teams are coming off of by weeks, so neither team has had more time to prepare, or rest up so thats a wash.

The game is in Blacksburg Va, which is without a doubt one of the hardest places to play. Edge Va Tech.

Georgia Tech has yet to blow a real team, only beating South Carolina State and Middle Tennsesse Soundly. Yes they beat UNC early in the year but it was by 6 and UNC was playing short handed.

Georgia Techs two ACC loses were by more than tonights spread of -13.

Georgia Tech has a flat out horrible rushing D.

Georgia Tech is 119th in the country in passing, yards, AKA no passing game.

So Georgia Tech keeps the ball on the ground. They will score because the triple option threat is tough to play D against and will get the yellow jackets into the end zone.

The smart play is the over with both teams able to put points up on the board.

As far as the spread goes, even playing at home, 13 points is a lot of points in an important ACC game for both teams.

My picks. Give me the points. GT +13, Over 56.5.

Prediction: Va Tech 38 GT 28...... Va Tech gets it done in 4th quarter with home crowd rocking to Enter Sandman.

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Nice analysis sir. I, however will take VT -13 at home. This is a bad Ga Tech team & Beamer has had a week to get his boys ready for the triple option. I watched the Boise St game 3 times & feel that Va Tech really should have won. I throw the JMU game out simply because that team must have been crushed after such a difficult loss. Va Tech will do whatever they want on offense tonight and Ga Tech will struggle to get anything done on offense. Tonight my play is Va Tech -13 for .5 units. Good luck buddy, keep bringing this kind of analysis & you'll have a very successful thread here.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

after reading this i want to tease this to gt 20 over 49.5

Live4Saturday
    Live4Saturday's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Sargeanthooker. Good Luck to you tonight.

Onetrickpony, I would never tell anyone how to bet, but the tease seems like a wise play tonight.

fults400
    fults400's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like the tease. Seems like a great play.

the h man
    the h man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Tease does sound good

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

teasers are sucker bets...just take georgia tech +13.

ATLien
    ATLien's Avatar Become A Pro!

tease GT with the over?

wandalsh84
    wandalsh84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

The one thing that I think of when i see this spread however is that if VT didn't lose to James Madison, they might be a top 10 team and this line is probably more like 17.

I think 13 pts is a ton to give the defending ACC champ, but I can't help but see the opposite way these teams are going. I will also mention that Va Tech has not only won 6 straight, they have covered in every win.

I really am torn on this one and would have a small lean towards VT, but just wanted to give my two cents.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

i know common opponents isnt everything but it is a variable to think about

gt lost at home to nc state by 17
    vt beat nc state on the road by 11

gt beat wake forest on the road by 4
    vt beat them at home by 31

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Good call man, Congrats on the win