pdprodigy
    pdprodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Virginia Tech Hokies versus Georgeia Tech Yellow Jackets

Virginia Tech -12.5 and over 56

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Like GA tech and over at this point. VA tech has played some weak teams of late. Think it will be explosive but close.

keith22
    keith22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Georgia Tech has shown nothing this year after being hyped as a preaseason powerhouse.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

Va Tech has been heating up ever since there early losses this season. G Tech is in a must win game, in my opinion any team in a must win situation is not a good team ...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

This game boils down to a few things in my opinion.

1. Line opened over two touchdowns which looks like a total joke in favor of G.Tech.
    2. V.Tech started out 0-2 but are on a mission now and control their own destiny for a BCS bowl.
    3. This game is at home on Thursday night where they absolutely bury teams traditionally no matter what.

Tech will have at least one special teams or defensive touchdown and covers this number that looks high.

kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Both teams are off a little break and should be well rested. Va tech on a 6-0 ATS run and QB Taylor has been on fire:15tds vs 3 ints and still sits as #3QB in nation...not to mention a great complementary ground game

Georgia tech is no slouch either w the #1 rushing offense as of late...but I don't see them keeping it within 2 touchdowns

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

The Hokies should have no problem containing the option. Ga Tech is just short on playmakers this season on both sdes of the ball.

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The problem with ga tech is when they get down a lot, they dont have a passing game to get the quick scores. Va tech defense will contain the rushing attack of ga tech and cover.

Sportsnut1968
    Sportsnut1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Va Tech playing better as of late...I look for them to get ahead early and control this game Va Tech rolls in this one

zanman822
    zanman822's Avatar Become A Pro!

Much agreed fellas Ga Tech has nothing for Va Tech in this game

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

One stat that stands out to me in any VT game is the punting unit. VT ranks 9th nationally in punt returns and GT is ranked 113th in net punting. When on the road with a one dimensional offense your special teams has to be sharp. As well as VT has been playing lately on offense, short fields could make them even more explosive.

DIESELHEEL
    DIESELHEEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you guys think about the over, how has GA Tech's games fared points wise ?

LTCOL27
    LTCOL27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by shade3599 View Post
    The problem with ga tech is when they get down a lot, they dont have a passing game to get the quick scores. Va tech defense will contain the rushing attack of ga tech and cover.
    This, in my opinion, is right on the money. If the Hokies get up 2 touchdowns or more, I don't think we need to worry about a backdoor cover with GA Tech's lack of a passing game.

DangerousOne
    DangerousOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by shade3599 View Post
    I agree that VA Tech rolls, but why do you think that VA Tech contains the triple option? They haven't played a team that can run (BC, NC St, Duke, James Madison, ECU, C Michigan, Wake). The only team they played w/ a rushing game was Boise (who rolled up 170 yards on them). Hard to say if Va Tech can contain. Over may be the play. GL

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

VT for me...bol to all

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Weather looks terrible, I'm leaning under but have been burned twice this week on under plays .

Good info: http://hamptonroads.com/2010/11/geor...d-qb?cid=poblg

thebestthereis

You do not bet against V.Tech at home on Thursday Night ESPN football, period end of story. Pass or V.Tech.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

after watching falconticket video going with the over

falconticket

These are about these same teams as the last couple of games they played each other. One was a 5 point win for GT at home one was 3 point win for VT at home.

falconticket

Not much to go on by blowing out Duke, Wake, And central Michigan back to back to back. Those teams suck ass. Either see a close shootout if ga comes to play. Just hope ga doesnt lay an egg. then Im screwed both ways.

jscott1586
    jscott1586's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

VA Tech for me tn. BOL

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

VA to win and GT to cover.

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Game looks like a tough one to call. I think taking the points is the right play!

thebestthereis

funny stat that may or may not mean much but........ v.tech is 18-7 ATS last 20 years on thursday night football. they are also 18-7 straight up in those same games. i have made a ton of money backing them in these spots over the years and it is one of the situations (v.tech at home thursday night espn football) that i will always remember. not sure how young people in here are, but i have been wagering on thursday night football every since in started. two words, frank beamer. good luck!

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    These are about these same teams as the last couple of games they played each other. One was a 5 point win for GT at home one was 3 point win for VT at home.
    GT is a much different team, Nesbit is playing worse in terms of throwing the ball. Dwyer is no longer at RB but his replacement has played well, Demaryius Thomas is gone and so is any deep threat. On the defensive side Morgan Burnette and Derrick Morgan were both key contributors that are no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Not much to go on by blowing out Duke, Wake, And central Michigan back to back to back. Those teams suck ass. Either see a close shootout if ga comes to play. Just hope ga doesnt lay an egg. then Im screwed both ways.
    Wake lost to GT by only 4 and speaking of teams who suck, Kansas is pretty bad and they werent impressed by the Jackets either.

Maybe they keep it close but Im not seeing much in the Jackets favor to place any type of substantial finances on their chances.

thebestthereis

stop handicapping this game, the spread opened at -15.5 and is too high and came down obviously. this is a situational spot for v.tech to cover and they will more than 70% of the time. if you are comparing games, looking at stats and over-thinking this you don't know what you are doing and wasting time. you cannot take g.tech in this game. if you want to stop now and pass.

falconticket

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    GT is a much different team, Nesbit is playing worse in terms of throwing the ball. Dwyer is no longer at RB but his replacement has played well, Demaryius Thomas is gone and so is any deep threat. On the defensive side Morgan Burnette and Derrick Morgan were both key contributors that are no longer there.

Wake lost to GT by only 4 and speaking of teams who suck, Kansas is pretty bad and they werent impressed by the Jackets either.

Maybe they keep it close but Im not seeing much in the Jackets favor to place any type of substantial finances on their chances.
    I agree small play for me. GA tech has been inconsistent at best. I just like some action on the home team here. Don't make a lot about my opinion. VA tech could easily blow em out.

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

The under is the play for me. Two run oriented teams and good defense. tick tock tick tock.

jarrod
    jarrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's all aout who wants it more.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I loved Ga tech @ 14.5
    Not sure @ 12.
    The difference in home field for Va Tech vs. South Florida will be laughable...

I remember last year in a DRIVING RAIN they had the place packed vs. Miami. Then went on to blow them out.

Andy Chloe
    i am ready
    Andy Chloe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

i like VT and ov on this game. Vt are not going stop scoring at home. gl

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousOne View Post
    I agree that VA Tech rolls, but why do you think that VA Tech contains the triple option? They haven't played a team that can run (BC, NC St, Duke, James Madison, ECU, C Michigan, Wake). The only team they played w/ a rushing game was Boise (who rolled up 170 yards on them). Hard to say if Va Tech can contain. Over may be the play. GL

Your 100% right. But Va tech has had almost 2 weeks to prepare for the triple option. They really have turned it around in the last month. They were just too overhyped in the beginning of the year. Plus Boise is two dimensional so they couldn't stack the box like they will tonight. Va tech rolls. BOL all