masontnk
    masontnk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii +21 and Write Up

Okay I am from the island of oahu but currently go to school in the rainy state of Washington.

As we have all season no one has been really able to stop the prolific Kellen Moore and the Boise State Broncos. But 21 points is a lot to win by for Boise. Boise is one of the most public betted teams in NCAAF today.

So far Boise State has been able to blow out teams not because there offense is ridiculous good (they are good though), but rather because they have not played anybody that has had an offense that could match them. Hawaii comes into the game as one of the best offenses in the Nation. With Moniz looking like a real passer this year, signs of the prolific 07 Hawaii team are there. Moniz has lots of talented recievers to sling the ball around too in Salas and Pilares.

Hawaii also comes into this game with a lot pressure of there shoulders after locking up their Hawaii Bowl bid last week with convincing win over Idaho. They know that they arent going anywhere else but all they have left to do is beat Boise in there last meeting as a WAC member.

Take the Warriors and the points

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

The public will be all over Hawaii in this one, I'd be shocked if Boise doesn't cover...Hawaii is 8-1 ATS, time for that bank to dry up. gl

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

56% of bets on Boise State.

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Recent Hawaii grad here! Yeah I think that the public will still be on Boise with this one. IMHO this could go either way. A squeezer or a blowout. I'd give Hawaii a 10% chance of winning SU, but I would say 70% chance of covering the spread. They are playing high right now and would love nothing more than to give Boise a goodbye **** You present for leaving the WAC.

I'm not going large on this game, but maybe a couple bills.

head_strong

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    56% of bets on Boise State.
    I hope you don't believe those numbers, even if you do percentages mean nothing total dollars means everything...Boise St wins this game by 35

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

I think Hawaii will come into this game loose. Hawaii already locked up a bowl bid, so no pressure to win. I don't know how healthy kealoha pilares is. He left the game last week with a hammy problem. Hope he's ready to go. Strong safety spencer smith is returning for this game, but Richard torres that took his place is playing lights out right now. I dont know if DT Geordon Hanohano made the trip cause of injury.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I would take BSU to cover

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

good luck..I'm on the other side, also liking the 1st half OVER..

ger25pic25
    ger25pic25's Avatar Become A Pro!

great play man! with you on this one!

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii has the offensive power to cover ... and with +21 there's always a possibility for a backdoor cover ... also playing without pressure after having the bowl locked last week may be in Hawaii's favor ... I think there is value in +21 ... Hawaii FTW

aufordboy
    aufordboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

I see lots of value getting 21 points. I'm taking HI +21

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Hawaii lost to Colorado in Colorado, and barely got past Army. I think that they are overrated. Go with Boise State if you must wager on this game.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Guys can someone explain to me this Hawaii Bowl Bid that Hawaii already accepted. Your telling me Hawaii football has already said no matter what happens the rest of the season they will play in the Hawaii bowl? Is that true?

Just say they win out, hypothetically, become ranked an receive a bowl invitation, they cannot accept?

nvirish
    nvirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

BOL! With you on this at +22

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Rule #97 never bet on Hawaii coming to the mainland....

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Rule #97 never bet on Hawaii coming to the mainland....
    Is that why they only have 1 loss against the spread this year?

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Last week La Tech had more yards rushing, more first downs, and more time of possession than Boise State. Boise State's defense is not impenetrable. And, despite some of what is written here, I think Hawaii is going to show up. They've played two good games on the mainland (Utah State and Fresno State). I like getting three touchdowns with an offense like Hawaii's against a defense that can give up a few points. I'm leaning toward a play on Hawaii.

masontnk
    masontnk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Guys can someone explain to me this Hawaii Bowl Bid that Hawaii already accepted. Your telling me Hawaii football has already said no matter what happens the rest of the season they will play in the Hawaii bowl? Is that true?

Just say they win out, hypothetically, become ranked an receive a bowl invitation, they cannot accept?

Yeah Hawaii always plays in the Hawaii unless they make it to a BCS bowl. University of Hawaii realises that unless they play in the Hawaii Bowl, the game doesnt sell well. They also save a lot of money due to the fact that they dont have to travel. Being that they loss already and are eliminated from the BCS picture there only option is the Hawaii Bowl.

head_strong

[quote=head_strong;7239663]I hope you don't believe those numbers, even if you do percentages mean nothing total dollars means everything...Boise St wins this game by 35[/quote]

hmmm...I'm bad with math what is 42-7?

JMUplayer
    Update your status

Keep playing for peanuts son.....

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Is that why they only have 1 loss against the spread this year?

JMUplayer
    Update your status

Go into hiding like Z boiz.... with your laughing icon