LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Arkansas / South Carolina News

Junior WR Greg Childs will miss the rest of the season with a patella tendon injury (no ligament damage, but surgery required). Childs was Arkansas' leading receiver with 46 receptions for 659 yards and six touchdowns.

I see a lot of people quick to take this pick a lot of laughs and Locks
    you might wanna pay attention to the injury list

This is why good gamblers dont rush into their lines on Sunday night and start peeling off on a parlay.

Injuries happen during the week also
    Best of luck
    leaning South Carolina

sviking
    sviking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arkansas' WR depth is top in the country. Big loss, but shouldn't be the sole cause of the outcome. Arkansas' ability to stop Lattimore will be key.

PickCityz
    PickCityz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sviking View Post
    Arkansas' ability to stop Lattimore will be key.
    Arkansas' run defense isn't that good.

LINE-crush-ER

bigger game for south carolina than Ark
    South Carolina still in the head seat for Sec East
    i also read where Vandys main Rb is out also for the florida game

sviking
    sviking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PickCityz View Post
    Arkansas' run defense isn't that good.
    exactly, i guess i should have phrased that a bit differently.

PickCityz
    PickCityz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No rewording needed, I'm agreeing with you.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    bigger game for south carolina than Ark
    South Carolina still in the head seat for Sec East
    i also read where Vandys main Rb is out also for the florida game
    Not true, assuming Florida beats Vandy. Even if South Carolina loses this week, they still have to win @ Florida for the east. This game means nothing to South Carolina unless Vandy somehow beats Florida; then they can win the east at home vs Arkansas.

Edit- more injury news: Starting CB for South Carolina Chris Culliver is done for the year.

LINE-crush-ER

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Not true, assuming Florida beats Vandy. Even if South Carolina loses this week, they still have to win @ Florida for the east. This game means nothing to South Carolina unless Vandy somehow beats Florida; then they can win the east at home vs Arkansas.

Edit- more injury news: Starting CB for South Carolina Chris Culliver is done for the year.
    This game means nothing to South Carolina unless Vandy somehow beats Florida; then they can win the east at home vs Arkansas.

SO this game does have more meaning than given credit for
    you cant assume anything

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    This game means nothing to South Carolina unless Vandy somehow beats Florida; then they can win the east at home vs Arkansas.

SO this game does have more meaning than given credit for
    you cant assume anything
    Got that, just saying it may be wise to see how the Florida game plays out first given how much of an impact that game has on SC/Arky. Luckily Florida plays at 12 and this game isn't until Saturday night.

LINE-crush-ER

My bad
    I didnt even wanna cap this game
    I just thought it was odd that a lot of people had this as a lock , when in know way do I see a lock on either side
    one yes you can be guilty of looking past
    but Your still trying to get the best bowl game possible
    Arkansas Is out of contention having lost to Auburn in the west

there was a huge pick with Utah last week and they did not dress out their best receiver - and yes it made all the difference in the world last week against Air Force -
    thats all Im trying to say
    BOL

LINE-crush-ER

the best Article I was able to come up with
    Two of the better teams in the SEC and the country meet in Columbia as the South Carolina Gamecocks host the Arkansas Razorbacks.

This looks to be the best team the South Carolina Gamecocks have put together under coach Steve Spurrier and the big question is can South Carolina avoid the drop off they seem to suffer every year towards the end of their season. South Carolina has lost just twice this year, both tight ball games and of course they have the signature win handing Alabama their only loss in the last two years. Stephen Garcia has completed 70.6 percent of his passes for 1,904 yards with 13 touchdowns and seven interceptions while rushing for 86 yards and four touchdowns. The story in the backfield has been Freshman sensation Marcus Lattimore who is just a tough runner to bring down and he has gained 722 yards with 11 touchdowns as he's averaging 4.8 yards each time he carries the ball. Alshon Jeffrey has been sensational catching passes catching 52 balls for 935 yards and seven touchdowns though his dropped deflection against Kentucky may have cost the Gamecocks that ball game. Defense has been the trademark of South Carolina the past several years and while this unit is solid, they aren't quite the caliber of years past. For the season South Carolina is averaging 30.6 points and 407.9 yards per game while the defense is allowing 19.5 points and 360 yards a game.

The Arkansas Razorbacks are putting together a big year but as good as it's been, it's looking like fourth place in the SEC West if they stumble at all from here on in. Ryan Mallett is putting up huge numbers in the passing game completing 66 percent of his passes for 3,649 yards and 27 touchdowns with 10 interceptions. the Hogs are definitely running a pass first offense but Knile Davis has 609 rushing yards and six touchdowns and Broderick Green has 367 yards on the ground. Greg Childs is having a monster year catching the ball with 82 receptions for 1,097 yards and 12 touchdowns. Defensively Arkansas hasn't been bad at all as they are playing against teams always trying to keep up with their offense and only two have been able to do it, Alabama and Auburn. For the season Arkansas is averaging 35 points and 487.4 yards per game while the defense is allowing 22 points and 330.9 yards a game.

South Carolina is 6-2 against the spread when playing a team with a winning record, 3-7 against the spread in their last 10 as a favorite, and 0-4 against the spread following a straight up win. Arkansas is 7-1 against the spread in their last eight SEC games, 5-1 against the spread in their last six overall, and 8-3 against the spread in their last 11 games against a team with a winning record. Arkansas has covered in seven of the last nine meetings and the favorite has covered four in a row.

South Carolina will look to control the ball and keep the Arkansas offense off the field while Booby Petrino's Arkansas team will just try and continue to do what they do. While Arkansas' defense has been solid for the most part, they gave up yards and points in bunches in their loss to Auburn. While the Hogs aren't playing Auburn in this spot, I think the home team gets the cover.

Kubilak
    Kubilak's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the hogs for the upset, but I've watched almost every game Arkansas and SC has played and I'm not putting any money on the line for this one.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

like the hogs here.don't believe either team can stop one another,just think the hogs can out score them

LINE-crush-ER

Im off this game
    if anything
    With how Sc had tendencies to fade at the end of the year
    If I take this game , I will take Arkansas
    thanks everyone