bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

06/07 Notre Dame Football

Focusing on that 2006 Notre Dame football schedule, it once again looks like one of the most difficult in the country. The Fighting Irish play the Nittany Lions, the Wolverines, the Spartans, the Boilermakers, the Bruins, and of course the Trojans of Southern Cal. Lots of opportunities for either big wins or heartbreaking losses. So i doubt Charlie Weis does as good as he did last season

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Persoanlly, i always thought their schedule was a little overated. It seems they play a bunch of middle of the road teams in major conferences. It switches up from year-to year sometimes, but when you factor what I just said to their normal service acadamies they play every year which would basically be the bottom feeders if they played in a major conference. I think year in and year oput, their schedule is often the same as Oklahoma, Texas, or another big player. Not saying, they have a cake schedule, but I just don't see it being alot tougher tham most teams that are in the thick of it. Next year, they have USC and Michigan are the only tough teams they play next year, and possible Penn State. With regards to Penn State, I'm not completely sold on that team being that they've had 1 good year since what 1999. Other teams they play on a year in year out basis include Stanford, Washington, Pitt. Michigan State, Navy, Air Force, and Purdue. To me, all of those teams are either middle of the pack in their conference or lower than that. Some times they through in a wrinkle such as F$U or Tennessee. Of course, this past years Tennn. team can not be considered tough at all. They sucked.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I think they are plain stupid for scheduling all those good teams. Do like the rest of the top schools. Schedule in cupcakes to pad your record and play a few good schools to get the respect. Its their own fault for losing every year. I dont feel sorry for them.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think their schedule is locked up for the next few years. I have heard reports that they will start scheduling "cupcakes" once they start scheduling again.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

They do schedule cupcakes right now. Consider Ohio State's schedule. They'll play 2 local Ohio cupcakes plus play @Texas next year followed by the same Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue teams that ND will face.

Instead of Notre Dame playing the 2 local Ohio schools or whatever weak ass team Ohio State chooses to beat up on next year, ND will play Navy and Air Force. I consider those the same competition

EDIT: Add Penn Sate to the above schedule for both teams.