TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Ole Miss (+7) vs Auburn?

Anybody else like Ole Miss? Masoli has played much better lately and Auburn is OVER.....RATED. These guys can't stop anybody. On the road this year Auburn beat Miss State and Kentucky by 3 points. They really only have a couple good wins this year. They beat a DECENT LSU team who most everyone knew was also overrated. The GOOD win was at home against South Carolina, who is very sporatic. They beat Arkansas, but Mallett went down in the 3rd quarter and basically gave them the game. IMO, Jeremiah Masoli has WAITED for a chance against a top tier team at home like Auburn. Masoli should be able to throw the football against Auburn's weak defense. Anybody agree?

Ole Miss (+7)

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

All sounds plausible. I have seen Ole Miss on T.V. and there body language sucks. Don't look like they think they can win or something. Asking Auburn to beat anbody by a touch on the road is a tall order though.

Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Anybody else like Ole Miss? Masoli has played much better lately and Auburn is OVER.....RATED. These guys can't stop anybody. On the road this year Auburn beat Miss State and Kentucky by 3 points. They really only have a couple good wins this year. They beat a DECENT LSU team who most everyone knew was also overrated. The GOOD win was at home against South Carolina, who is very sporatic. They beat Arkansas, but Mallett went down in the 3rd quarter and basically gave them the game. IMO, Jeremiah Masoli has WAITED for a chance against a top tier team at home like Auburn. Masoli should be able to throw the football against Auburn's weak defense. Anybody agree?

Ole Miss (+7)
    I love Ole Miss in this spot. I think that Masoli could steal the spotlight here.

Good luck.

TPowell

anybody else? Will Ferrell picked Ole Miss SU..... wonder if this guy is sharp?

TPowell

never mind, guy said he liked Iowa to upset MSU

RLM_Tracker
    RLM_Tracker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houston Nutt seems to pull out an improbable win out of his ass every year. Hopefully, today's the day

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

terrible pick. auburn is a Great team with a good defense and the most potent weapon in the game today. its a stayaway at best.

ninja33
    ninja33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    terrible pick. auburn is a Great team with a good defense and the most potent weapon in the game today. its a stayaway at best.
    auburn does not have a good defense.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by ninja33 View Post
    auburn does not have a good defense.
    sure they do. just hasnt looked that way the last 2 weeks.

they're a middle of the pack defense top 50 percent. 53rd ranked i think. and thats good enough for the sort of offense they have. they tackle well and do some other things...the defense is not their bread and butter obviously but they are legit and have some athletes.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like OLE MISS +7 too but there will be no spotlight stealing here... Newton will make up for any defensive fault that auburn has... Plays like tebow played at florida

Glitch

they gave up apparently 43 against arkansas and mallet, 34 against kentucky. everyone else has been held to at max mid 20-something points.

little iffy
    little iffy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ole Miss 3-4 overall and 1-3 in the SEC. I'm staying away but like your pick in this spot. Good luck, will be pulling for you...

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I think this is a toss up game. I like Auburn to win and they have the horses to route a very up and down ole miss team.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

you cannot bet auburn here

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Auburn plays against a good QB their D sucks..... Massoli.... good QB

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Like Miss on ML...gl

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

I make the line Ole Miss +10

I do not see an edge on Ole Miss like you do, Auburn is too strong at this point in the season.

Here are some numbers:
    Auburn gains 7.4 YPP on offense, allowing 5.0 YPP on defense, for a net of 2.4 YPP (a well-above average team)
    Mississippi gains 6.0 YPP on offense, allowing 5.7 YPP on defense for a net of 0.3 YPP (an average team)

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I think it is a very good bet.

Auburn may be a more overrated #1 BCS fraud than Oklahoma. They've played an overall shit schedule with a ridiculous 8 total home games to shelter them from some tougher tests. Their only 2 road games so far were against decent MSU and below average UK, both beaten by just 3. They are absurdly overhyped and Cam Newton is praised as Jesus, but now they're on the road laying 7 against a Miss that is not as bad as people think and will be hyping this as their make or break game of the year for both rep and to get bowl eligible. They also have a pretty good run Defense ranked #34th that could contain Newton. Massoli could give Auburn's D problems too.

Auburn is also a huge public played pounded from the start and yet the line has moved to +6.5 in some places, and where it's +7, it's getting gouged -110/100 at Pinny, -108/+105 at Matchbook, and -113/+103 at 5Dimes. So "sharps" keeping it in place counteracting public money or books confident not to move and roll with Miss.

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

auburn is overrated. ole miss is the play