Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry's Week 9 Plays (7 of 8 winning weeks)

Boyz,

Went to the pay window again last week, going 5-3 on this thread and bringing the season tally to a very profitable 41-21. Also had my fourth winning week in a row with my totals plays. Halloween weekend upon us.....don't be ascared to join me with the following plays.....

PURDUE +17 at ILLINOIS

The first order of business is to erase last week's 49-0 beatdown that Purdue took from Ohio State from our memories. The Boilermakers have suffered through a ton of injuries this season, but still stand 4-3....same record as the Illini. The total of this game is set at around 41, so the boys in Vegas are predicting a final of about 29-12. My numbers have Purdue scoring well more than 12 and keeping it within the generous spread.

WESTERN MICHIGAN +8 against NORTHERN ILLINOIS

The Huskies of Northern Illinois have been on a roll, covering 6 straight ATS. All good things must come to an end. This is a lot of points to lay on the road in a pivotal MAC showdown. Western finally returns home from a 3 game road trip. They looked good last week, whipping Akron 56-10. The Huskies will control the ground, but WMU should be able to move the ball through the air and keep this game interesting.

MISSISSIPPI +7 against AUBURN

If this college football season has taught us one thing, it's that it's tough to stay on top. Week after week, the number 1 team has fallen. Now it's the Tigers turn. They're fresh off two tough struggles against Arkansas and LSU. The Rebels have them in their crosshairs. Oxford will be rocking. I'll take the emotion and the points.

DUKE +13- at NAVY

Gotta believe the Middies are in for a bit of a letdown, coming off last week's demolition of Notre Dame. No question they'll run roughshod over this generous Blue Devils defense. Earlier this season Duke couldn't stop the similar spread attack af Army. But I see the Blue Devils staying in this one with their pass attack. They should be able to dent this Navy secondary and stay within the number.

OREGON STATE -3 against CALIFORNIA

The Bears have been a total Jeckyl and Hyde team, tough at home and pathetic on the road. That doesn't bode well when they have to travel to sloppy Corvallis. The rested Beavers are in desperate need of a win or they might not go bowling. OSU always plays tougher as the season progresses. Lay the small number.

HOUSTON -13- at MEMPHIS

Earlier this season the Cougars lost stud QB Keenum and then his backup to injuries. That's a tough setback. In steps freshman Piland. He has learned the system well and the team is starting to click on all cylinders again, as evidenced by last week's 45-20 dismantling of SMU (as an 8 point dog!) This week the Cougars face the 115th ranked pass defense in the country. Memphis could be the worst team in college football. Houston will put up close to 50 points in this one. Lay it.

WESTERN KENTUCKY -6 against NORTH TEXAS

Last week the Hilltoppers finally broke their 26 game losing streak. They did it in impressive fashion, beating La-Lafayette 54-21 on the road. This week they're gonna try to stretch their winning streak to 2. They want it for the long-suffering home fans. North Texas should oblige. They just fired their coach and are down to their 4th-string QB. Toppers roll again.

As always, best of luck,
    Harry

2010 college plays, 41-21
    2010 college totals, 30-26

jeeves
    jeeves's Avatar Become A Pro!

I always enjoy your write-ups, Harry.
    and
    Good luck, sir. We see eye to eye on Western Mich.

Mike9999
    Mike9999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 478

BOL this week Harry.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man I wish this forum had more insightful and honest threads like yours... this place is turning into a clown show.... Its nice to see someone talk seriously about games and cap spreads once in awhile... Solid record here...GL this weekend...

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

Quote Originally Posted by awhitejackson View Post
    Man I wish this forum had more insightful and honest threads like yours... this place is turning into a clown show.... Its nice to see someone talk seriously about games and cap spreads once in awhile... Solid record here...GL this weekend...
    I agree. Too many people posting "locks", no insight or information, and just fighting over things that don't matter. I am very interested in the houston and w. kent plays. will look into those

udlock4life
    udlock4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

BOL this weekend

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

thanks again as always and gl

manicart
    manicart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

Nice writeups I'd add Utah -7 over Air Force

DangerousOne
    DangerousOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Always great stuff!!! GL Harry

arizona22
    arizona22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice, especially like Oregon State.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Thanks Harry, you dug me out of a hole last week. I bet SBP early picks (lost) and finished up
    with yours. Will use all of yours today.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

with ya on Western Michigan +8

mojomaker11
    mojomaker11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love purdue today, can't lay that many points in the big ten.

fedtpels
    fedtpels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8416

rolling with you on the whole lot. I agree with the write ups - very good way to do it. BOL

theroos
    theroos's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue sux elephant C**K!

critical mass
    critical mass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Thanks for the easy Oregon St. winner! Spot on.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Thanks. Happy about the Beavers. Sorry about Pur-don't and the Hilltoppers. Need Houston to pull away to ensure a profitable day. A Mississippi comeback would also be nice.