Pedro Hernandez
    Pedro Hernandez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

My Big Bet (small bankroll)....HELP

I have 100 dlls and I think the right bet for tomorrow is WEST VIRGINIA any thoughts?

really want to know what side to take

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I can't see UConn scoring more than 10 on WVU, but you'd be a fool to bet everything on one game. Learn patience and grind it out. You can easily triple $100 in a week or two just makimg $10 bets.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Dont put it all on one game... if it loses you done, just slowly grind it out...

ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good advice. A simple $15 bet pays $13.64. Say you have back to back (4-1) weekends, be it your picks or tailing someone, you'll be up $79.12 in just 2 weekends. You're only risking 15% of your bankroll (which is still high according to some standards).

[edit] Consecutive (4-1) weekends will be tough to do. But proper research (or tailing the right person) can make it happen.

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

my suggestion is play with the free betpoints here until you get a hang of what to look for while handicapping. It'll save you money now and make you more later when you pick up on some things.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

To answer your question........ yes, put whatever amount you decide on WV

bamastyle
    bamastyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

I like WV also, but I agree with not going all-in.

Take a peek at Michigan. Penn St. will more than likely start their backup QB. Trust me, Mich. D is horrible, but Robinson should be healthy and will score against Penn St. Mich. will score and I don't see the backup QB matching score for score no matter how bad Mich D is.

Arizona (UCLA 2-5 ATS and Arizona can score even without their starting QB)

(From Rivals.com) If Scott starts again this week, he’ll face a UCLA defense that’s yielded more than 300 passing yards in two of the past three games. The Bruins, though, have been hurt worse by opposing rushers who have gained a combined 574 yards during their back-to-back defeats.
    The Bruins (3-4, 1-3) have also been outscored 95-20 since a three-game win streak, which included victories over ranked Houston and Texas squads.
    UCLA is also dealing with its own injury problems at quarterback as starter Kevin Prince is out for the season after undergoing right knee surgery this past Saturday. Richard Brehaut is expected to again take Prince’s place for a passing attack that ranks 117th out of 120 FBS teams (104.6 yards per game) and is last in efficiency (86.19).
    The Bruins might not improve those numbers much this week against the Pac-10’s best defense, which is giving up 13.4 points and 285.1 yards per game.

BOL!

ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Completely skipped over your actual question.....I'm leaning WVU. They're coming off an embarrassing loss to Syracuse so the motivation is there.

WVU is 5-1 ATS in the last 6 against UConn
    WVU is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 conference games

And let's face it - UConn is a complete mess right now.

Clemson is probably a stronger play though. Utah is great as well.
    Last edited by ACCBlitz; 10-29-10 at 02:42 AM.

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

WVU, despite the matchup..is probably not the best bet to go big on.

Ill give you 2 reasons.. Marshall. Syracuse. Neither of those teams deserve to be on the same field with WVU, but thats two 'shitting the bed' games, and 1 being at home. They scare me.

HawaiiFan
    HawaiiFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3791

Quote Originally Posted by aznjeff07 View Post
    my suggestion is play with the free betpoints here until you get a hang of what to look for while handicapping. It'll save you money now and make you more later when you pick up on some things.
    And ... you can get a free pizza if you are successful!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Betting is all about money management.

I have actually made money playing online poker. Not a lot but it's in the thousands. When I first started I lost money because I would get unlucky and then try to win it all back by playing higher stake games. That got me no where. I actually made most of my profit from $6-$11 buy in sit n go games. It's a grind.

I've learned the same thing in sports betting. When I first started I did terrible because I didn't manage my money well. Sometimes you get unlucky, an injury happens, a team backdoors you, etc. I'm doing a lot better now that I'm betting fewer games and not chasing losses.

I really like WV here too. I want to put most of my bankroll on it but if I do that sure enough they'll blow it. WVU should have blown out Marshall and that didn't happen. Likewise, it's hard for me to put that much on a Bill Stewart coached team.

If you have $100 I wouldn't bet more than $25 on WV. While it's an easy way to double up, it's not worth the risk of losing it all. Betting 1/4 of your bankroll is probably a lot more than most people would recommend as well. You might want to think about that too.

gardner47
    gardner47's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing like going all in to make u feel alive. fire away

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I'm on WVA too Pedro

good luck to us (if you get on it)