spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

U Guys R Crazy! Boise OVER?? Check the forecast->

... 34 degrees with wind, rain, and sleet!? No way they cover -37.5 and the over is questionable. A little nicer and maybe the OVER but this cold will f up gd ole Louisiana Tech. I would be surprised if they score at all and Boise putting up 65 on their own, get real! I love the broncs but they wont run it that high.

MnyMkr
    MnyMkr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I completely agree. The precipitation isn't supposed to start until later in the evening - I'm taking Boise 1H and LT game.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Louisiana Tech is not use to that weather

spankmythighs

Here is what I think. The only way that Boise covers -37.5 is if the weather holds up till the 4th and they don't turnover the ball and they don't sit starters. If the weather is the shitz, than expect them to turn the ball over more often than usual and not score as often. My prediction: 38-10 Boise. Honestly though, this has the makings of the San Jose game with the starters sitting early if they r up considerably. Cold weather and rain equal greater chance for injuries. Man this would be an easy game to throw. If u know what I mean.

doc1439
    doc1439's Avatar Become A Pro!

just checked out the boise st local news station page and took a look at the skycam for the area and it looks pretty nasty there. radar shows rain currently in the area with additional fronts building up and moving into the area round halftime. could be a great play for the under here.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

This makes me glad I'm staying away from the game totals/side. Personally I think if Boise's going to have a chance to to cover for the game, it will happen by the half. If they don't do it then it prob won't happen as they won't be running up a ton more pts in the 3rd and 4th qtrs. I don't know if this is the right way to play it but it's the way I'm playing it.

LastSonKal-El
    LastSonKal-El's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is a screen capture from the weather channel for boise
    Attached Images  

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

i got boise 1H got a feeling they will put the brakes on like they did two weeks ago

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

I don't buy into the "bad weather" equal low scoring argument. I remember the Patriots beating the hell out of the Titans last year 59-0 and the Cardinals 49-7 (or something like that) the year before. I know there are other examples but those two are the first that come to mind.

IMO bad weather favors the offense (unless its a mudder, which this isn't because its on turf), they know where they are going and the defense doesn't. In this situation Boise will not be affected by the cold and the LA boys most likely will be.

I took Boise for 2 units in the 1H and 1 unit on the game. The game spread doesn't leave a lot of room for mistakes for Boise. I red zone turnover could allow LA Tech to cover if they show up and ignore the cold.

Just my 2cents

mgcolby

Quote Originally Posted by docvinny View Post
    i got boise 1H got a feeling they will put the brakes on like they did two weeks ago
    That scares me too. If they go up by 30+ in the 1H I can see them doing what they did a few weeks ago and take it easy in the 2H.

One angle that play into that decision is the fact that Boise is coming off a bye/long week and then don't play until next Friday. They may not want to only play 1 half of solid football in a two week span.

Mac9
    Mac9's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    I don't buy into the "bad weather" equal low scoring argument. I remember the Patriots beating the hell out of the Titans last year 59-0 and the Cardinals 49-7 (or something like that) the year before. I know there are other examples but those two are the first that come to mind.

IMO bad weather favors the offense (unless its a mudder, which this isn't because its on turf), they know where they are going and the defense doesn't. In this situation Boise will not be affected by the cold and the LA boys most likely will be.

I took Boise for 2 units in the 1H and 1 unit on the game. The game spread doesn't leave a lot of room for mistakes for Boise. I red zone turnover could allow LA Tech to cover if they show up and ignore the cold.

Just my 2cents
    It affects different teams in different ways. Weather didn't affect the Titans Pats game last year because it was just a snow shower, no wind or sleet or rain, just slowly falling snowflakes. Also, the Titans SUCKED the first half of the season. They went 0-6 to start before they got things together.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18727

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post

Just my 2cents

I agree with everything you said. I personally took the over 65. BTW, that Cardinals/Patriots final in '08 was 47-7....close enough

spankmythighs

Please enlighten me on when the last time the Broncs played in bad weather and LA aswell. None this year.

spankmythighs

Anyone want to bet 100 betpoints? I'll take the under. Half of the pts up front.

mgcolby

Quote Originally Posted by Mac9 View Post
    It affects different teams in different ways. Weather didn't affect the Titans Pats game last year because it was just a snow shower, no wind or sleet or rain, just slowly falling snowflakes. Also, the Titans SUCKED the first half of the season. They went 0-6 to start before they got things together.
    I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain it was sleet. But either way you are correct they sucked ass.

mgcolby

Quote Originally Posted by spankmythighs View Post
    Anyone want to bet 100 betpoints? I'll take the under. Half of the pts up front.
    I would but LA Tech not scoring scares me to much. Bad weather or no bad weather, I don't think they score a lot. I don't think the over covers unless Boise drops 52+.

mgcolby

Quote Originally Posted by spankmythighs View Post
    Please enlighten me on when the last time the Broncs played in bad weather and LA aswell. None this year.
    And this matters how? One team lives and recruites players that have grown up the great north west where it is cold and rainy. The other lives and recruits in the south central Us where it is hot and humid.

Who do you think will be better adjusted for the cold?

And this doesn't even touch on the obvious talent difference.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

good call man

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36