ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blitz Pickz: Week 9 (63% for the year)

Mediocre Week 8, went (4-2). Motivation to kill it this week. The Oklahoma loss didn't bother me. It was the San Diego State 1H one that is still eating at me. Missed it by 6, namely b/c they simply couldn't punch it in the end zone. Massive yardage and no points.

Early looks:
    Boise State 1H (vs LaTech)
    Clemson (at Boston College)
    Hawaii (vs Idaho)
    Missouri (at Nebraska)
    Utah (at Air Force)
    UCF (vs East Carolina)

These lines are slightly off in my book right now, waiting to see which way they move there. I'm counting the days until I make the move to Greek or 5 Dimes.
    Last edited by ACCBlitz; 10-25-10 at 12:54 PM.

ACCBlitz

Play #1 tonight in the Boise State game. Worried me a little how they let off the gas in the 2nd half against San Jose State. 1st half much better play here.

Also eying Team Total of O28 in the first half. But, if you've followed me this year - I swore off TT. So no play, for me at least.

Week 9
    Boise State 1H (-23.5)

ACCBlitz

Well, first (0-1) start to a week in while (if ever for 2010). Big missed FG. It happens.

Get it back this weekend.

Week 9 (0-1)
    Boise State 1H (-23.5)
    Last edited by ACCBlitz; 10-26-10 at 08:27 PM.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Fckn kickers. I was on them 1st half as well

richporter
    richporter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

mee too =/ bad beat

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Impressive run Blitz... Good Luck this weekend!

ACCBlitz

Appreciate it. Still in a state of shock that a missed FG from that range is what cost me.

ACCBlitz

Utah is play #2. Bought the .5 point off. Likely to do the same for the Clemson line. There is some RLM on it (which makes no sense considering Clemson has won the last two and BC is now without it's best pass rusher), so I might possibly be able to grab it at (-6.5) without having to buy it down.
    Have a few dogs I'm eying but need to research a little more.

Week 9: (0-1)

Boise State 1H (-23.5)
    Utah (-6.5)
    Clemson (-6.5)
    Last edited by ACCBlitz; 10-28-10 at 01:53 PM.

ACCBlitz

fck BetUs pisses me off Didn't realize this until I actually LOGGED in and that the Utah and Clemson lines were over 8. Even Hawaii is 2 points higher when I log in.

I'll still say go for Utah (-6.5) if you can get it there. But paying -160 to get -6.5 is a little too much for me at this point.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

This here card looks pretty...bol

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

You talked about getting an account at 5Dimes. Well, the Boise first half is one reason why you should. The regular 5Dimes line was Boise 1H -22, but they offered the option of alternate lines at -21.5 and -21. I paid the -130 (or whatever it was) and at least got a push at -21.

I really like the Clemson play. Good luck this weekend.

ACCBlitz

Yeah. 5 Dimes will come soon. Long story, but I'm locked in BetUS for a bit longer.

ACCBlitz

Ok, so it's looking like the Hawaii line isn't budging from (-16.0) on there. Debating parlaying that game: Hawaii (-9.5) and OVER (58.5). Comes out to (-123). Not 100% on that one YET.

ACCBlitz

Pulling the trigger and eating the chalk from my book on Clemson (-6.5).

The Tigers are rolling in their last two games. Kyle Parker has finally found some receivers he can count on, and it has (slowly) started opening up the passing game, which in turn is creating ample opportunity for RB Andre Ellington who went off for 166 yards against Georgia Tech, and is now averaging 6.3 yards per carry.

True, Boston College does have the best rushing defense in the ACC, allowing only 83 yards a game. But they haven't faced an O-Line/RB combo like this. And DE Alex Albright is officially done for the year (he was their leading pass rusher and an anchor on that D-Line). FS Wes Davis is questionable, as is CB DeLeon Gause. All 3 are starters on defense, and believe you me - offensive coordinator Billy Napier will try to exploit the Eagles missing 2 key guys in the pass defense game.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

On Clemson with ya all the way. I see Andre having another hell of a game

ACCBlitz

Quote Originally Posted by caseyking2 View Post
    On Clemson with ya all the way. I see Andre having another hell of a game
    No doubt. There was a reason in my preseason write ups on my site that I had him pegged to be a better RB than Spiller. He runs with more power, down-hill if you will and possess' the same instant-score threat.

Every time I look at a BC game, I feel so bad for Montel Harris. He's another great great RB. Too bad he's stuck in that mess of an offense. He'll be playin' on Sundays though

udlock4life
    udlock4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

bol this weekend

ACCBlitz

Quote Originally Posted by udlock4life View Post
    bol this weekend
    Thanks.....right back at ya

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hope you avoid a Clemson letdown. Rettig looks alittle better for BC's attack (won heavy taking ND and NCSU, but lost FSU against them) but I think you can nail it.

ACCBlitz

BC lacks any major WR threat, and has the nations leading sack man in DaQuan Bowers. Also, the early losses to UNC and Miami happened b/c of an inexperienced LB corp that was causing the safties to play up (like an additional LB). They have grown up a lot and quit overplaying. I don't see BC getting more than a little over 300 yards of offense and *maybe* 14-17 points if they're lucky.

Clemson 30, BC 17

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Gl bro.

ACCBlitz

Boston College now without starting DE Brad Newman. Two starting D-Linemen out; starting FS and CB questionable. Injuries are piling up on the Eagles defense.

ACCBlitz

Yet ANOTHER injury update on BC. Few more have been added on by Coach Spaz in the last few hours.

OUT
    S Wes Davis (Starter)
    CB DeLeon Glaus (Starter)
    DE Alex Albright (Starter)

QUESTIONABLE
    DT Conor O’Neal (leg)
    DE Brad Newman (leg)
    WR Billy Flutie has a hamstring pull and may see action only as a holder on placekicks
    WR Shakim Phillips (shoulder) is out, and wide receiver Clyde Lee (leg) is probable
    WR Clyde Lee (shoulder)

Also, RB Sterlin Phifer left the team. He played a limited role behind starter Montel Harris but was the only legit RB they had behind Harris.

Might be bumping this bet up to 2 Units.
    Last edited by ACCBlitz; 10-29-10 at 07:11 PM.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Seems like you are all over this one-GL I'll be tailing you on this-I don't think BC could hang if they were healthy

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

love this play.

ACCBlitz

Toying with another play here.....

Hawaii/Idaho OVER 59 and ECU/UCF OVER 49. Parlayed pays slightly over even money.

Hawaii and Idaho might hit that over in the first half. Both have explosive passing offenses and no passing defense. Hawaii is a scoring machine at home this year. And ECU/UCF - both teams have shown they can drop points. True, UCF has a seriously LEGIT defense, but ECU will still score. A 28-21 score would push on this game. I just don't see it being that low, especially considering ECU has NO defense.

You could even throw in Ohio State (-17) to allow some more breathing room, and make those 58 and 48. Pays $1.25 for every $1.00.

Not 100% yet though.

SoCalFisher
    SoCalFisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3141

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBlitz View Post
    Toying with another play here..... Hawaii/Idaho OVER 59 and ECU/UCF OVER 49. Parlayed pays slightly over even money. Hawaii and Idaho might hit that over in the first half. Both have explosive passing offenses and no passing defense. Hawaii is a scoring machine at home this year. And ECU/UCF - both teams have shown they can drop points. True, UCF has a seriously LEGIT defense, but ECU will still score. A 28-21 score would push on this game. I just don't see it being that low, especially considering ECU has NO defense. You could even throw in Ohio State (-17) to allow some more breathing room, and make those 58 and 48. Pays $1.25 for every $1.00. Not 100% yet though.
    Is that a 6.5 point teaser Blitz?

Nice thread, Im with you on Clemson (-6 -130).

ACCBlitz

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFisher View Post
    Is that a 6.5 point teaser Blitz?

Nice thread, Im with you on Clemson (-6 -130).
    Yeah, I took each one down a few. I like the OVER on both games, and tossed in Ohio State and brought it down to at least create some value in a bet like that. Still not sure if I'm pulling the trigger though.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I like the Clemson game myself. Will take them for $75.

ACCBlitz

One final play: Temple -28.

I caught BetUS sleeping and bought it from -29 to -28 before they upped the line to -29.5. This could wind up being 63-10. Ugly fast.

There were a few dogs I liked this week, but didn't fit with me too play. Not well enough to drop a minimum half unit on.

Also, was really digging the OVERs in the UCF and Hawaii games. Might do a 2-play parlay and tease it down a few points for fun, no where close to unit plays.

Week 9: (0-1)
    Boise State 1H (-23.5)
    Utah (-6.5)
    Clemson (-6.5)
    Temple (-28.0)

GL

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lot of chalk

SoCalFisher
    SoCalFisher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3141

Bol today Blitz!!!

sammy85
    sammy85's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in Boston and let me tell you there is NO and I mean NO Buzz about this team around the city. Early game will even have those alcoholic BC undergrads in bed at half time. A little chilly now will have those boys from the south a bit stiff ear;y but the sun is up and by the end of the 1st half there will be blood in the water seeping onto the field from the BC sidelines. Stadium will have MANY empty seats and once Tigers get running downhill it will look like a jail break. Taking Clemson in a rout.

Joe Sharp

There is NEVER any "buzz" for the BC Eagles! N-E-V-E-R!! This is coming from an Alum.

Joe Sharp

I was on Clemson as well Blitz, but it's looking more and more square. Something just doesn't add up. All those injuries, 75% on the Tigers (on the road) and that line isn't budging.... It's making me a bit nervous.

12 Last