utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

South Carolina -12.5 vs Vanderbilt

Like they say, nothing is certain in life but death, taxes and Vandy being terrible at football. The Commodores are heading back to Nashville after being trounced by Georgia in Athens. The Gamecocks are limping to into the Volunteer state themselves after a disappointing loss to Kentucky. South Carolina Freshman RB Marcus Lattimore is banged up so Sophomore Kenny Miles will take over the role of feature RB. Lattimore will suit up but will more than likely play sparingly if at all. Last year Miles ran for over 100 yards in a close victory over Vandy.

Vandy has covered the last three years against the Cocks, winning straight up twice. That being said this South Carolina team must prove they will not be susceptible to their usual second half of the season swoon and take a stranglehold on the SEC East race.

Look for S. Carolina to bounce back even without Lattimore. Stephen Garcia has had a better year (minus the late bad decision against UK) completing 70% of his passes and Alshon Jeffery is arguably the most talented WR in the SEC. Kenny Miles will be effective enough filling in due to the fact Vandy is allowing 192 yards a game on the ground. I see the Cocks bouncing back after a tough loss and cruising their way to a 31-13 type of victory.

South Carolina -12.5

countryboy34
    countryboy34's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this one, also.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yep. like sc by 30 they are way better

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

I like Vandy in this spot. They were embarrassed last week and will bounce back this week and defend the run well. Can USCe and Garcia throw down field? Who knows as he's inconsistent. Too many points...

09Gamecock
    09Gamecock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys, as a Gamecock fan I may have a little bias, but I also have a very inside perspective here. DO NOT bet Vandy. If you don't like South Carolina, that's fine. Stay away from the game in that case. But you would have to be crazy to bet Vandy here.

I will be surprised if USC's defense gives up more than 10 points to Vandy (and maybe not even a TD). There are some real studs in the secondary. It is absolutely unfathomable and inexplicable how poor the pass defense has been with this terrible zone scheme, but let me assure you, they will be playing up close on Vandy's WRs. After having their asses chewed all week, these guys will be ready to play. The Gamecock defense is also second in the country in sacks (with 22).

Vandy's offense will be shut down while you can expect a HUGE game out of Stephen Garcia, Alshon Jeffrey, and the rest of the USC offense. I am on record as saying South Carolina puts up 40+ points (HINT: take the USC team total OVER), but either way, I think we will definitely win this game by 25+ points. It's a very important statement game for a team that usually f*cks around way too much with Vandy.

Take my advice, or leave it if you wish, but I'm just saying don't blow your money on Vandy!

JMF2479
    JMF2479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I def like SC

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

SC is a dangerous square play. Be careful! Sooo much money on the Gamecocks.

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Without Lattimore, they really are a different team. Garcia on the road.. man be careful

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy is just terible...Cocks or no play

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10272

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy34 View Post
    I like this one, also.
    glad you here with us on this game countryboy gl.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Quote Originally Posted by 09Gamecock View Post
    Guys, as a Gamecock fan I may have a little bias, but I also have a very inside perspective here. DO NOT bet Vandy. If you don't like South Carolina, that's fine. Stay away from the game in that case. But you would have to be crazy to bet Vandy here.

I will be surprised if USC's defense gives up more than 10 points to Vandy (and maybe not even a TD). There are some real studs in the secondary. It is absolutely unfathomable and inexplicable how poor the pass defense has been with this terrible zone scheme, but let me assure you, they will be playing up close on Vandy's WRs. After having their asses chewed all week, these guys will be ready to play. The Gamecock defense is also second in the country in sacks (with 22).

Vandy's offense will be shut down while you can expect a HUGE game out of Stephen Garcia, Alshon Jeffrey, and the rest of the USC offense. I am on record as saying South Carolina puts up 40+ points (HINT: take the USC team total OVER), but either way, I think we will definitely win this game by 25+ points. It's a very important statement game for a team that usually f*cks around way too much with Vandy.

Take my advice, or leave it if you wish, but I'm just saying don't blow your money on Vandy!
    agree with Vandy not scoring much but doubt SC puts up 40.

kboiler
    kboiler's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys all love the cocks. I'm just saying....

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I like Vandy in this spot. They were embarrassed last week and will bounce back this week and defend the run well. Can USCe and Garcia throw down field? Who knows as he's inconsistent. Too many points...
    Vandy ranks 97th in rushing defense, giving up nearly 200 yds or more to UGA, UCONN, LSU and Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive_Edge View Post
    Without Lattimore, they really are a different team. Garcia on the road.. man be careful
    Played pretty well this year on the road as long as hes not looking over his shoulder for Spurrier to yank him. 35-53 (66%) 5 TDs/2 INTS 667 yards against UK and Auburn on the road.