Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Boise St vs TCU National Championship Game

This seems realistic to me. There are 10 undefeated teams left in the country. Heres how I see it playing out

Oregon - Lose to USC or Oregon St
    Boise St. - Only team that has a prayer is Nevada. But I really doubt that since people were giving them hype about crushing Cal. After watching Cal this weekend they looked like one of the worst BCS schools in the country.
    TCU - Could lose at Utah, other then that, can't seem them losing
    Utah - They could lose to TCU as well, but TCU is the better team IMO
    Auburn - Think they probably beat LSU, but lose to Bama. There an average team if you figure out how to take Cam so maybe someone shocks them as well
    LSU - I think they lose to Auburn. If not, Alabama. I cant believe there undefeated
    MSU - I think they lose to Iowa
    Oklahoma/Mizzu/Okie St - I think they all end up knocking each other or maybe Texas jumps in and gives someone a loss. Could lose in the Big 12 Championship game too.

So in conclusion I see all of these teams losing other then Boise St and TCU. It looks realistic to me right now.

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

TCU will lose to Utah this year in Utah. Utah has a better offense than 08' and a better defense. Utah will win!

halofan
    halofan's Avatar Become A Pro!

bcs organization is rigged. they wont let boise play in the championship game. probably 1 loss alabama will catch up to them and oregon might go undefeated. funny that oregon is above them now in bcs standins...boise state beat oregon last two years. oklahoma...they lost to boise too in feista bowl and they are above boise in the bcs standings.

its bullshit because oregon's schedule and oklahoma's schedules arent that strong....big 12 and pac 10 are jokes this year and i am pretty sure boise would win those conference with the current teams and players. this year pac 10 and big 12 are not even close the the past. i would rank alabma over oregon and oklahoma even with alabama's 1 loss!

anyways....even if boise state finishes undefeated which they will, the rigged system will not allow them to play for the championshiop game.. the system is ran by the big conferences. whats going to be even worse is that they are going to pair them with either utah or tcu in one of the other bcs bowls instead of a team from bcs conference because they dont want to see boise state crushing the big conference team....that would bring lot of shit and criticism to the system.

i hope i made sense. i just got home hammered.

sooner13
    sooner13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

You're both nuts. Really? So we should take into consideration the wins and losses from 2-3 years ago to decide the standings today? Wtf? Tell me you are kidding. Name one undefeated team that has played a stronger schedule than OU. Oregons opponents (13-24) TCU (21-27) Boise (16-24) Each of those teams has played 1 ranked team and Oregon St. was 24th! OU's opponents are 23-16 and they play a 6-0 Mizzou next.
    The numbers don't lie, but if teams like Alabama, OU, Auburn....etc arent rewarded for playing the most difficult schedules in the nation then by your standard they should all play the New Mexico St teams of the nation and have 70 point blowouts every game. Wake up!

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by sooner13 View Post
    You're both nuts. Really? So we should take into consideration the wins and losses from 2-3 years ago to decide the standings today? Wtf? Tell me you are kidding. Name one undefeated team that has played a stronger schedule than OU. Oregons opponents (13-24) TCU (21-27) Boise (16-24) Each of those teams has played 1 ranked team and Oregon St. was 24th! OU's opponents are 23-16 and they play a 6-0 Mizzou next.
    The numbers don't lie, but if teams like Alabama, OU, Auburn....etc arent rewarded for playing the most difficult schedules in the nation then by your standard they should all play the New Mexico St teams of the nation and have 70 point blowouts every game. Wake up!
    No I never said anything about standings. If you read my post, I have every1 losing other then Boise St and TCU. Standings in Week 7 of the season with 2 months to go are irrelevant

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by sooner13 View Post
    Btw, the computers do take into account wins from years ago.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

There will be snow skiing in Hawaii before Boise and TCU play for the national title this year. TCU's strength of schedule just took a big hit with SMU, Oregon State and Air Force losing last week.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I don't know what the odds are but i would bet my car, my house and my 401 that this doesn't happen.

3PtShooter
    3PtShooter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16261

frnch toast ,,bacon,,coffee

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

No way these two schools play. You would have to have Bama and Oklahoma and all the others lose 2 games for this to be a shot and rightfully so. Most people would agree that you stick Boise St in a big conference and they lose 2-3 per year. Its easy when you only have to get up for a couple of games. Try getting up for a game week in and week out. That is what championship teams do

BetThemDogs
    BetThemDogs's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're sorta right--- Boise will play TCU/Utah winner (again) in a bowl game-- just not Championship game. The major conferences run this-- ever notice how they change their formulas every few years in attempt to keep from being the butt of too many jokes? Utah/Pitt. Last years TCU/Boise. If there's a bad team available that's the matchup the little guy gets. Or make them play each other. No wonder it's named the BS system. The powers that be will do everything they can to keep from another Boise beating Okla, or Utah over Ala.

Show of hands--- PLAYOFFS?

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

If Boise gets to the big game and loses, then Boise can hang it up because the haters will say, "see, they really are a second rate school" and never give them a chance again.

Alexgurv

Yeah but what you guys are missing is my point.

As I've mentioned, I think Boise St and TCU/Utah will go undefeated. I believe all the other schools will have at least 1 win, again in my opinion. The BCS has never left any undefeated schools out of the championship like you guys are suggesting. Also the difference between the BCS this year and before is that Boise and TCU were never ranked so high in the preseason. I'm almost 100% positive Boise St is going, its just a matter if they **** over TCU or not

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    No way these two schools play. You would have to have Bama and Oklahoma and all the others lose 2 games for this to be a shot and rightfully so. Most people would agree that you stick Boise St in a big conference and they lose 2-3 per year. Its easy when you only have to get up for a couple of games. Try getting up for a game week in and week out. That is what championship teams do
    I'm so tired of this argument. They can only play who is on there schedule. Boise plays a BCS opponent every pre conference. They played V. Tech on the road (it was neutral but might as well be the road) who IMO is gonna end up running thru the BCS. They played Oregon St who recently beat Arizona who was a top 10 team at the time. The AD of Boise has said numerous times they try to schedule big games like these ones but they don't get the calls back. If Boise St goes undefeated this year and dont make the championship , the BCS proves that every1 outside of the BCS might as well stop playing because they have ZERO chance of winning a championship. And if they have zero chance, and every1 is trying to win a championship, whats the point of even playing (other then the obvious of making millions of dollars for your school ).

Not to mention that how do people just look at a team and just say they would have 2 or 3 losses if they play in a certain conference. I don't know about the SEC but I think Boise would run thru the Pac-10

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by halofan View Post
    bcs organization is rigged. they wont let boise play in the championship game. probably 1 loss alabama will catch up to them and oregon might go undefeated. funny that oregon is above them now in bcs standins...boise state beat oregon last two years. oklahoma...they lost to boise too in feista bowl and they are above boise in the bcs standings.

its bullshit because oregon's schedule and oklahoma's schedules arent that strong....big 12 and pac 10 are jokes this year and i am pretty sure boise would win those conference with the current teams and players. this year pac 10 and big 12 are not even close the the past. i would rank alabma over oregon and oklahoma even with alabama's 1 loss!

anyways....even if boise state finishes undefeated which they will, the rigged system will not allow them to play for the championshiop game.. the system is ran by the big conferences. whats going to be even worse is that they are going to pair them with either utah or tcu in one of the other bcs bowls instead of a team from bcs conference because they dont want to see boise state crushing the big conference team....that would bring lot of shit and criticism to the system.

i hope i made sense. i just got home hammered.
    There is a CHANCE Boise State could make it. No way in hell both teams make it. Boise State's problem is that they dont play ANYBODY in their conference. Their non conference schedule no longer looks as impressive since VTech isnt as good as they had hoped. They really needed Nevada to be undefeated but that didnt happen.

Boise State MUST schedule a tougher non conference schedule to be taken serious. Or move to a real conference. I'm sure the Pac 10 would take them. If they joined the Pac 10 they would make more money and have a schedule people could take seriously. Otherwise why doesnt Notre Dame just make a schedule like that and go undefeated? Think about it.

Boise State MIGHT be able to hang in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, or Pac 10. But we'll never know as long as they are playing wyoming (2-5), New Mexico State (1-5), Toledo (4-3 and they play nobodys), San Jose State (1-6), L Tech (3-4), etc etc etc. The problem is that they are EXPECTED to win out. With Nevada losing.... there is no longer ONE game that you can look at and say they will be challenged.

I'm not a hater. (I'm a little bitter that they didnt score more than 7 in the 2nd half on Saturday... some of us had the over!! ) Nebraska tried to schedule Boise State in 2 years.... but Boise State demands $1,000,000 to play. THAT'S why the big dogs wont schedule them. It not that they are SCARED.

Oklahoma plays 5 ranked teams this year. Looks like Boise State will have 1 left on their schedule. That hurts them.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ryen Rasillo mentioned this on ESPN radio yesterday and I laughed because hearing someone say it was funny...however, it could happen but it won't. The powers that be won't allow it in a million years. Too much money at stake and you won't make any money when you have to "small-time" schools playing. CFF is a money driven sport and until they focus on becoming more equal nothing will ever change.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgurv View Post
    Not to mention that how do people just look at a team and just say they would have 2 or 3 losses if they play in a certain conference. I don't know about the SEC but I think Boise would run thru the Pac-10
    Then why dont they join the Pac 10? Seriously! Utah woke up and is doing it. There is not ONE reason for Boise State to join a real conference. The money alone should be enough motive.

ManBearPig

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Then why dont they join the Pac 10? Seriously! Utah woke up and is doing it. There is not ONE reason for Boise State to join a real conference. The money alone should be enough motive.
    Boise doesn't meet the standards academically that the Pac-10 requires among other reasons, but that's a big one. Just having a great football program doesn't get you an auto-invite.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Ryen Rasillo mentioned this on ESPN radio yesterday and I laughed because hearing someone say it was funny...however, it could happen but it won't. The powers that be won't allow it in a million years. Too much money at stake and you won't make any money when you have to "small-time" schools playing. CFF is a money driven sport and until they focus on becoming more equal nothing will ever change.
    Ok.... seriously.... if this was Notre Dame's 2011 scedule and results would you put them in the Championship game? Or are you all just loving the story of the little guy winning one?

NOTRE DAME 2011
    Michigan State W 30-24
    Wyoming W 41-6
    Louisianna Tech W 45-30
    Toledo W 42-14
    New Mexico W 56-21
    Utah State W 24-7
    Idaho W 38-17
    San Jose State W 48-0
    Nevada W 27-14
    New Mexico State W 52-3
    Fresno State 49-17

Or would you all complain about the quality of this schedule? Think about it....

BetThemDogs
    BetThemDogs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alexgurv said
    The BCS has never left any undefeated schools out of the championship like you guys are suggesting.

Wrong. Off the top of my head-- Auburn and Utah both undefeated (04?) and they didn't even match them against each other. Utah-- 1st time outsider made BCS-- had to play a 4 loss Pitt team.

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    People all ways say if TCU, Utah, or Boise St. were in a big conference they wouldnt be that good. These teams are taken talent that all the big schools pass up on and make a great team. If they were in those big confrences they would get the better players and they would be that much better.

ManBearPig

I'm not as much of a proponent of BSU or TCU making it to the title game as much as I am a proponent for equality. The BCS was setup for the big boys to stay big and make the most money...they don't care about anything else but fattening their wallets.

It's become bigger than the sport and the fact that they are in the conversation means there was a hole that has been exploited and they are up in arms about it. This has nothing to do with who they play or whether they have to play up every week as much as it is about the $$$. CFB is a constant ego-trip and unless your conference is identified by the almighty BCS, you don't matter. The BCS system leaves more questions asked than answered and you don't even have to have a team like Boise or TCU included in the conversation to see that.

Like that of the Gaza strip this argument will never be settled and it will just be a back and forth and regurgitation of the same arguments over and over...now that's what I call good ol' American progress. Just talk about it to death while doing nothing about it.

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Wow. Is this post real?

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by BetThemDogs View Post
    Alexgurv said
    The BCS has never left any undefeated schools out of the championship like you guys are suggesting.

Wrong. Off the top of my head-- Auburn and Utah both undefeated (04?) and they didn't even match them against each other. Utah-- 1st time outsider made BCS-- had to play a 4 loss Pitt team.
    Thats because other teams were undefeated. The BCS has never left out an undefeated team in a championship when every1 else has a loss, to my knowledge anyway

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Boise will never beat hawaii at home
    Tcu will never beat Utah at Home
    if they do so
    maybe one gets a look
    IF Oklahoma / Missouri / Utah/Auburn /Lsu all lose
    best of luck with that theory
    TCU sucks

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgurv View Post
    Thats because other teams were undefeated. The BCS has never left out an undefeated team in a championship when every1 else has a loss, to my knowledge anyway
    dude that is already wrong........

-2008-09, the year utah beat alabama, utah was undefeated. 12-1 florida vs 12-1 OU for the BCS title
    -2007-08 hawaii was undefeated, 11-2 lsu vs 11-1 ohio st. for the BCS championship

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

there is no doubt in my mind that if alabama had boise or tcu's schedule they would go undefeated
    but if they had alabamas schedule they would have a couple losses
    i dont want to say that boise or tcu are not great teams, they are both great
    the big problem is their conferences are so weak that they will never play enuff ranked teams to get to the top of the BCS. this is why there needs to be a playoff system. BCS is the stupidest thing ever in sports.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

In case you haven't noticed, TCU is undefeated...... and have dropped in the AP and Coaches for the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Oregon, Auburn, and Oklahoma have all surpassed them. Boise needs help, TCU's title hopes are basically impossible. You'll need more than one loss to get your dream non-AQ national championship.

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

I would not mind a TCU and BSU championchip game.

LINE-crush-ER

the big Money schools would mind that big time
    it will never happen
    mark my words
    BIG MONEY SCHOOLS WILL NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN
    GIVE THIS A REST
    and yes Schools can leave the ncaa and make their own rules

LINE-crush-ER

the biggest thing
    how this person can go through the schedule this early and determine that each school will not lose
    is enough evidence /proof that having either one of these schools in the Bcs championship would be a grand joke

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Frankly, I hope Boise goes undefeated and everyone else has a loss AND Boise not get invited to the championship, as I'd like to see the "system" come under extreme fire.

We need a freaking playoff system (8 games at least) and get the computer ass-holes out of the biz of running a rigged system.

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    dude that is already wrong........

-2008-09, the year utah beat alabama, utah was undefeated. 12-1 florida vs 12-1 OU for the BCS title
    -2007-08 hawaii was undefeated, 11-2 lsu vs 11-1 ohio st. for the BCS championship
    my bad you are correct

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    the biggest thing
    how this person can go through the schedule this early and determine that each school will not lose
    is enough evidence /proof that having either one of these schools in the Bcs championship would be a grand joke
    Took me about 10 minutes to do while I was bored at like 2 AM

And obviously these are just my predictions, whats me going thru the schedule having to do with who's gonna play in the BCS Championship lol
    Last edited by Alexgurv; 10-20-10 at 10:33 AM.

Alexgurv

Double post

12 Last