CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

I'm going to start by saying that Boise State is a great team. They may be the #1 team. The problem with them playing for a National Championship is:

1. About 20 other teams (if not more) could accomplish the same undefeated record with their schedule.

2. What happens if Boise State does play in the National Championship game and wins. Then they come out the following year (ranked in the top 3) and run through their soft schedule again enabling them to have a chance to win another. Before you know it, they could win 5 titles in a row while only having to knock off a total of maybe 7 or 8 ranked teams in the process. That is 7-8 ranked teams in 5 years! Most teams in BCS conferences play that many in 2 seasons.

I agree that there seems to be no solution to this, however, Boise State had a chance to move to the PAC-10 and chose not to. They conveniently joined another lower tier conference while proclaiming that it was a nice step up. Really?

Tmack
    Tmack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    there is no doubt in my mind that if alabama had boise or tcu's schedule they would go undefeated but if they had alabamas schedule they would have a couple losses i dont want to say that boise or tcu are not great teams, they are both great the big problem is their conferences are so weak that they will never play enuff ranked teams to get to the top of the BCS. this is why there needs to be a playoff system. BCS is the stupidest thing ever in sports.
    Um...TCU plays at Utah this year. You think Alabama vs. Utah in Utah is a guaranteed win for Alabama??? Wow, for your own sake please find another hobby besides betting. You suck at it.

Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Oregon
    Boise St
    TCU
    Utah
    Mizzu
    Michigan St
    Auburn

3 of the 7 undefeated are non-BCS, Oregon the only one I would consider real good out of the BCS

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

We need Oregon,Mizzou,Michigan St, & Auburn to all go undefeated just to make the BCS look stupid. 4 teams from AQ conferences and they have no argument that it works.

Alexgurv

Kirk Herbstreit giving my theory some thought tonight on Sportscenter saying that Boise can play with anyone. He's right in this respect, the quality if football is not that good this year

masontnk
    masontnk's Avatar Become A Pro!

This should be the Game, but we all know it wont happen

Alexgurv

Well boys and girls its time to update. Heres what the BCS Standings will likely be as of tomorrow

1. Auburn - I'm convinced they are going down to Alabama. Alabama has the defense to hold Cam. They have a somewhat decent offense to contain possession in this game. Auburn could easily have 2 or 3 losses anyway, there not as unbeatable as they look right now.

2. Oregon - Unfortunately the more I watch them the more I think they are going to lose. But I have faith, since they are playing the Civil War game on the road. Rodgers might be able to pull of an upset for the Beavers

3. Boise St - They aren't losing

4. TCU - They aren't losing

5. Alabama - They probably wont lose either

6. Utah - They are going to lose to TCU.

First 12