Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Nebraska -9.5 vs Texas +9.5

I was extremely confident that Nebraska would blow out Kansas State. What is everyone's take on the Nebraska/Texas game?

Nebraska has played EXTREMELY well in their "big games" this year. (Washington and Kansas State) This game is the BIGGEST so far. This is the one game that all Nebraska fans marked on their calendar back in June. Nebraska wants to end the Big 12 with a victory against Texas. We want revenge on last year. We want revenge on 8 of the last 9 games. (in 7 of those games Nebraska had a chance to win at the end but came up short)

After losing 2 games in a row, all of the big dreams for Texas are pretty much gone. No National Championship possibility. A Big 12 Championship is pretty much gone now too. All they are really playing for now is pride. And that makes me think this game might not go the way everyone is predicting.

It's easy to say Nebraska will win by 21+ after losing by 22 to UCLA and by 8 to OU (where they were down 28-10 at one point).

BUT..... Texas is still Texas. They still have a ton of talent. I know the Huskers have been saving some plays for this game. The Huskers got screwed in the Big 12 Championship game last year and the coaches, players and fans want this game so bad.

I just feel like Texas, who has nothing left to really play for except pride, will give the Huskers all they can and the game will be close. I'm leaning towards taking the points. Any opinions??

jadenandashton
    jadenandashton's Avatar Become A Pro!

This should be a great game. I have this one circled for a couple of weeks now. Granted some of the luster has been taken away due to the two loses by Texas but still should be a great game. I love revenge games in big Rivalry games and this is definetly one of them. The Nebraska quarterback is one of the most exciting players I have seen in a long time. The performance he put up against Kstate last week was one of the best all year. He has one of the fastest first steps I have seen in a long time. Again a lot of hate between these two teams and Nebraska, at home, will not take it' foot off the accelerator if they get a big lead like OK did last weekend. I agree with you 100% on the fact that Texas has nothing to play for anymore and that loss to OK really deflated a very good Texas team. I see NU jumping on them early and getting alot of revenger this weekend. I like them alot and will be a big play for me this week. NU 38 UT 17

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

I like Texas coming off the bye week. Would like to see +10.

Husker
    Husker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

I would be taking Nebraska on this game but Texas had a bye week which is huge. I'm going to be staying away.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

This was my favorite game on this weeks ticket until Texas decided to lose its intimidation factor with the two losses. Before that, I thought Nebraska would def win and cover the small spread. Now, I still think they will for sure win, but could see Texas keeping within the 10. But Nebraska is VERY good on both sides of the ball, plus its a huge revenge game in Lincoln...wouldnt be surprised to see a blowout either. Nebraska moneyline is the play, but it wont pay well.

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

an A$$ WHIPPING by the HUSKERS here pal!!! 31-10 BIG RED ROLLS !!!!

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1425

+9 to many point to give texas,,,texas win straight up

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bo Pelini remembers the Big 12 championship last year. He won't let the Huskers win by any less than 20.

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    +9 to many point to give texas,,,texas win straight up
    I WANT SOME ACTION ON YOUR straight up PLAY

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line is very curious. Why 9.5? There is a lot of money going down on this game. Yesterday, the line was as low as 8 and as high as 10 in Vegas, and that was in just a few hours. This is one of those games that you wait until the very last minute to wager on.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Texas had 2 weeks to prepare for the Husker QB Martinez. I hear whispers of a bullseye pinned on Martinez head. He gets knocked around in this one and the Longhorns keep it close in a low scoring affair.

prediction: Nebraska 17 - 16 if their QB makes it though the entire game. Texas straight up win if Martinez is sidelined before the 4th starts.

Like the under 46.5 to.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

nebraska wins SU, texas ATS.