BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Nebraska -7.5????

Nebraska at home agaisnt a not very good Wake Forest team that just lost to perenial power Vanderbilt at home and the line is only -7.5????

I know these aren't very good Nebraska teams these days but I expect Nebraska to win by DD here with a (lousy) game already under their belt.

Any reason not to pound this one early before the line sky rockets by mid week?

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

That line isn't going to skyrocket anywhere ... Maine gave them a pretty good tussle.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Well i guess it won't skyrocket to 20 or anything like that...but it's not unrealistic to assume that it won't get up to 10 points.

I mean Nebraska still carries with it a name and has a high public profile and is at home. I mean realistically, I expect Nebraska to win it's just a matter by how much.

It's hard for me to imagine Wake Forest going into Nebraska and winning....I mean SOMISS did it last year so it's possible and Fresno St destroyed KSU last year so it wouldn't shock me but Wake Forest who just lost to VANDY at home?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

You might be right I haven't looked at the game. The preseason feeling was Nebraska was going to stuggle. Wake is not a bad team. Its sad to see Neb at home favored by only 8 over a slightly below aveage team but that is reality for now I'm afraid.

Todd
    Todd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a look. I think Barclay was suspended for the Vandy game but I think
    he will play next week. He carried the offense last year and is a really good
    back. They play well as underdogs and are capable of keeping it close.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Todd...you bring up a major point...ACC leading rusher Barclay is back for this weeks game...that's big...plus Wake's run D is pretty good and should be able to hold RB Ross in check...Nebraska struggled with Maine yesterday and their new QB threw 2 INT's and no TD's...most importantly Jim Grobe is an excellent coach and excels in the role of a dog...not real impressed with Callahan...I'll make sure to post my write-up in here again on Thursday night...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i haven't even looking at the games this week just yet. i've still gotta look at tomorrows games.

pags11

I'm on Memphis -2.5 if it means anything to you...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Thanks guy...i'll reconsider for the moment. normally I don't lay -7.5 chalk but I guess I got caught in the name of Nebraska.

Man, it has gotten bad for Nebraska....5 years ago in this same situation they may have been -35 against Wake Forest.

What happened to Nebraska???

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I'm loving Ohio State right now as a pickem at home against Texas...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Nebraska is a solid play and they have to make a statement

Lots of pressure on them

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Let me say one thing:

Nebraska 25 Maine 7

I think that score alone should be enough to, at the very least, make you think a little bit before running toward the Huskers. Maybe Coach Callahan was hiding the playbook. I didn't see the game so I don't know but that score would scare the living-Bajesus out of me if I were chalkin the Huskers.

E

pags11

wanted to pass along that WF head coach Jim Grobe announced that Micah Andrews will be the starter this week, with Barclay backing up...