jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma / texas

ALright guys,,,,sad day for me but i gotta do a small write up on this game...

YES TExas has won what? i think 4 of last 5 in this Rivalry...

yes its always a close game and both teams foam out the mouth to beat each other...

Yes lots of things as to why the line is OK -3.5..

BUT:

I am a HARDCORE longhorns fan. I played highschool football in austin and love me some horns...but, im sorry to say, OKLAHOMA whoops them tomorrow! There is NO DOUBT about it in my mind...and being a fan, its sad, but its true...

I hate betting against my team but Im near ALL in with my SBR bankroll on OKLAHOMA on this one...

I flew to TEXAS last week to watch them live and i gotta tell ya...they dont suck as much as the scores reflect, but there are some key ingredients here that will make OK (whom i HATE HATE HATE to death), win...

Texas tried running the ball all game. Easily stopped and stuffed...why they didnt throw the ball till the 4th no one but mack brown and company knows...but they simply didnt...

UCLA had 20-something yards PASSING all game...all their yards were running the ball...they are not AMAZING running the damm football man..they are mediocre at best and still managed to expose the TEXAS LINE... so here is the key

Texas DBs are RAW...their backfield is THICK...but their D-LINE is mediocre at best. They really really need to improve, and OK having the running game they have, they will stuff the ball down the middle all day long and then expose them in the pass.

As far as offensively, OK always has great D no doubt about that...no way texas runs the ball down their throat all day...TExas will try running the ball to be STOPPED, the way EVERY RED RIVER RIVALRY has gone since pretty much RICKY WILLIAMS left a million years ago, and then the pass starts to light up...but can the new TEXAS QB pass the ball without the good OK DBs getting a pick, or three or four?

OKLAHOMA -3.5

If you can please please buy the hook to stay at a nice 3.

this line goes WAY up near the 5.5 or 6 line right before half...i guaran-fackintee that...i hate guarantees but who wants to wager that this line makes it up to -5.5 by game time?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: surftex

surftex
    surftex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Jorge,

Fellow 'Horn fan here. I must say you WORRRRYYY too much! Check it out. I have some things to point out in response to your case for ou.

1. It's true that, for the most part, Texas didn't run the ball well except for when D.J. Monroe was lighting 'em up for 8 yds. per carry. Yes, I know he and Gilbert screwed one handoff exchange and they sat him the rest of the game; but, after game film analysis, it appears the TEX coaches have acknowledged that the fumble wasn't exclusively D.J.'s fault. He and Gilbert just need more reps. Look for him to get many more carries tomorrow.

2. The Longhorn D was stuffing the UCLA run game in the first half. That's the kind of run defense they're capable of when they aren't worn down and having to resort to playing high risk D in an effort to force a turnover because the offense is doing nothing.

Also, did you know that the sooner run game is LESS effective than the 'Horn run game? Yep, it's true. The sooners rank 89th in the country with a 2.96 yds per carry avg and 121 yds per game; while UT checks in at 76th w/ a 3.84 yds per carry avg. and 136 yds per game. I wouldn't expect OU to run the ball down UT's throats like the Bruins at all. ou's strength is the passing game and that's where they will have to win the game from. Which leads me to my final point about the defense. The Texas D is built to defend the spread. The strength of our D wasn't much in play against the Bruins. They will be tomorrow. Look for the Texas pass rush and secondary to play BIG.

3. Last point. Texas will throw the ball tomorrow...alot. The power run game is out(for now) and the spread is 100% in. Gilbert will have more rope to work with against an ou secondary that ranks 90th in the country and allows 15.48 yds per pass completion! If Greg Davis let's him, Gilbert will have some big play opportunities tomorrow. He just needs to be careful and not throw the easy int's.

I could go on a bit more, but it's late. Remember, Texas isn't as bad as they played against UCLA. I think they bounce back well in this game and the defense, at worst, keeps it close until the end. Have fun watching the game, Jorge. Hook'em Horns!
    Last edited by surftex; 10-02-10 at 01:25 AM.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

kinda scared of my oklahoma -1 i bought.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4703

Can't base the Longhorns off that terrible game last week. They tried to be something they aren't built for last week and all year.

vinnie
    vinnie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4752

Jorge...i am horns fan here too.....on friday it moved down to 3 but went back to 3.5...my guess is it will stay at 3.5 to draw even actions from both sides....i am leaning to OU as well...i just think UT will keep it close in 1H but OU will pull away in 2H...With no running game, UT will rely on passing game and I just don't trust Gilbert on this big game yet...my money is on OU but if UT pulls it out with a victory, i am happy too...

BOL bro !!

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

valid points guys...just felt when i went to watch them live like this week they get murdered by OU...

but i guess ill sit this game out...i dont wanna root for OU just for betting purposes, and i simply still dont feel comfortable with UT winning...i might play the ML just for fun to root for them, but not a serious play or anything..

surftex
    surftex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

Came across another pro-UT stat just now: OU has a COMBINED 34 rushing yards in two games against Will Muschamp's UT defense.

It's Landry Jones against the Horns' secondary and pass rush here. Liking the 'horns here the more I become convinced OU will be one dimensional on offense today.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lee Corso says Sooners by a TD.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im liking the over, oklahoma cant stop anything

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I really like the under in this one. I think Oklahoma will cover as well. Prob wouldn't be bad to tease both of those.